Please sack them NOW

Archied

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be an interesting poll. Do you think we would get a better manager than Rooney in if we sacked him. ?

I think it would be foolish to say “no”, simply on the basis of the sheer number of managers we know nothing about! I wouldn’t however be very confident that we’ve got a brilliant shortlist ready! 

3 hours ago, nfb said:

You know I've been on this forum for donkeys, and it never changes, same protagonists (mainly, some new ones ) same sack this, same change that, it's all boll@cks, whatever we say will have no impact, except on each other. Mel is the only one able to change thing's, and to my knowledge he doesn't read this. WR doesn't either, so nowt's gonna change cos we say so, and all this in fighting *yawn* 

This is to me was a fun place, where we used to discuss stuff positively years ago, but now, like the rest of social media it's just getting toxic, and I'm more and more inclined to not post lest I get savaged. So hey ho, I've posted, and it will be taken up, don't expect a response, unless its worthy.

We as a club have been in a mess since MM decided to sell, having invested/gambled a fortune (one would like to think the benefit of the club, and himself.) it failed, and now like a failed gambler he is clutching at straws. It's a sad spectacle, but one we are only able to observe and not influence. Wayne, he's highly paid in this division,  and would be unlikely to earn that elsewhere (as what?) So why would he walk ?

With the EFL seemingly intent on our demise, we are collectively buggered. Enjoy the ride (this season) it's going to be interesting/painful,  and because it's likely to be painful, please stop bitching at each other for the sake of being (technically) on the same side. Let's try to play nicely. 

Motto for this season 'Dont feed Trolls, it serves no good' .

Not sure what you mean...considering the absolute dog's dinner we are making of things there is precious little discord beyond the obvious discussion about whether Wayne is making a pig's ear of things or is hostage to elements beyond his control. If you think this forum is 'toxic' then you obviously don't stray far into social media! 

Edited by Chester40

4 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually rather have Cocu back than keep Rooney. At least he actually had a style (up until the Blackburn 4-0 loss when he abandoned it) and improved some of the academy players. 

The only reason Phillip Cocu abondoned his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation and switch to a back three was because we were carrying an overweight, unfit 35-year-old in midfield who was undroppable.

He had to get more defensive players to shore up central areas as we were embarrassingly overrun in that Blackburn game.

Wayne Rooney’s presence and the obligation to play him got Cocu the sack. It was inevitable, playing with virtually 10men every game.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances early last season (at Forest where we should have won and against Cardiff City) came during Rooney’s isolation period.

I was quite anti-Rooney towards the end of last season. Still don’t know if he’s the right man but he’s what we have and no manager would touch us with a barge pole if they had any sense. I decided I was going to back him and the team early season and changing that view 3 games in would be far too early.

I think there are a number of posters who have made their minds up for quite a while on wanting Rooney gone and nothing that happens going forward will change that view. It’s interesting how the big criticism from posters last season was his reactive management yet now he’s trying something innovative to make us more of an attacking threat those same posters are criticising him for overcomplicating things thinking he’s Pep Guardiola without the squad to do it therefore he’s tactically clueless based on a three game sample. 

Yesterday we lost the game through individual errors. Peterborough didn’t look a threat until Dembele came on and not really then until stoppage time. We wasted two or three really good counters and the balance wasn’t quite right - that’s quite normal for early in the season.

But it’s all because Rooney is clueless as 1 win in 18 demonstrates, even though we’re trying to adopt different tactics and have some different personnel. 

Everyone knew it was likely to be a tough season, there have been some positives in the early games but that doesn’t fit anti-Rooney narrative as neatly as 1 win in 18. In my opinion those posters are not conveying a balanced view of the situation or the season so far.

Not being critical of said posters, it was always going to happen until we win a few games. We could be here in 10 games time without a win and they may be proven right, but regardless, we’re stuck with him until he walks anyway.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I was quite anti-Rooney towards the end of last season. Still don’t know if he’s the right man but he’s what we have and no manager would touch us with a barge pole if they had any sense. I decided I was going to back him and the team early season and changing that view 3 games in would be far too early.

I think there are a number of posters who have made their minds up for quite a while on wanting Rooney gone and nothing that happens going forward will change that view. It’s interesting how the big criticism from posters last season was his reactive management yet now he’s trying something innovative to make us more of an attacking threat those same posters are criticising him for overcomplicating things thinking he’s Pep Guardiola without the squad to do it therefore he’s tactically clueless based on a three game sample. 

Yesterday we lost the game through individual errors. Peterborough didn’t look a threat until Dembele came on and not really then until stoppage time. We wasted two or three really good counters and the balance wasn’t quite right - that’s quite normal for early in the season.

But it’s all because Rooney is clueless as 1 win in 18 demonstrates, even though we’re trying to adopt different tactics and have some different personnel. 

Everyone knew it was likely to be a tough season, there have been some positives in the early games but that doesn’t fit anti-Rooney narrative as neatly as 1 win in 18. In my opinion those posters are not conveying a balanced view of the situation or the season so far.

Not being critical of said posters, it was always going to happen until we win a few games. We could be here in 10 games time without a win and they may be proven right, but regardless, we’re stuck with him until he walks anyway.

Pretty much where I am. Firstly, its pointless folk ranting about sacking him as its simply not going to happen & given the state of the club, they all need supporting not smashing every game. No decent manager is waiting in the wings to carry this mess & the idea McClaren is the solution is being ignorant of his record...he is not a rescue merchant or a club builder, he's a very good coach of exceptional players.

The point about trying to instill a set style is why I'm warmer to Rooney than last season. I can see we're trying to play but that isnt going to happen overnight especially with such a young, thin squad. Disagree with the split midfielder tactic & want it abandoning now but no problem with them trying new ideas to get an edge.

What is also getting overlooked is the lure of Rooney getting players into the club. No way would Ravel Morrison have come here if Rooney wasnt here & that is an edge we need given our current financial & logistical woes. His presence will also help with a takeover, something the club desperately needs. The time for appraising Rooney & deciding on his future is when that goes through.

I’m not sure who’s more selfish Rooney or Morris. Rooney must know he’s not the man for the job but he’s staying on regardless knowing that he has the perfect excuse in our off field troubles. As for Morris the fact he’s still the owner and still clashing swords with the EFL because of pride is toxic. Both need to go but I can’t see either going any time soon. 

Apologies if this has already been covered but is there not anything in Rooneys contract that allows the club to terminate it with no compensation due to underperformance? If not then that is very poor negotiating as surely most contracts have that built in and certainly should have been the case for a rookie like WR? I thought MM was a shrewd businessman, clearly not

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I don't really get your argument. It feels like you decided to just change your mind with no reason and can't understand why everyone else hasn't. 

We have played two games against teams we needed to do well against and have 1 point to show for it. The performances look pretty similar to last season's shocking run and we have a tough run coming up soon. We have a totally inexperienced manager at a time when we need someone who can use their experience to squeeze every ounce out of incredibly limited resources...and we have an ex-England manager with decades of experience mooching about drinking tea. Seems wrong to me. 

1 minute ago, Poynton ram said:

Apologies if this has already been covered but is there not anything in Rooneys contract that allows the club to terminate it with no compensation due to underperformance? If not then that is very poor negotiating as surely most contracts have that built in and certainly should have been the case for a rookie like WR? I thought MM was a shrewd businessman, clearly not

I used to think that too but so many of his decisions have been proven to be wrong that I've lost that faith now.

I honestly think he's wiped his hands of us now and it doesn't want to be involved in the big decisions anymore.

Wayne's here until he wants to leave or until we have new owners who can afford to pull the plug (which isn't happening anytime soon)

11 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

The problem of having a subject like “please sack them now” is that we all know with the toxic support Derby have, we would have the same subject matter being posted if we were top at Christmas.

Sad as it is, it’s the Derby way!

Well you say that but as the person who started this thread I’m very happy for anybody to look back on my posts record and see clearly I’m not one for calling for managers heads in the least ,, I really have concerns regards Rooney and rosenior being anywhere near up to the job of managing Derby ,, I really hope I’m proven wrong and will happily hold my hands up if I am 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Well you say that but as the person who started this thread I’m very happy for anybody to look back on my posts record and see clearly I’m not one for calling for managers heads in the least ,, I really have concerns regards Rooney and rosenior being anywhere near up to the job of managing Derby ,, I really hope I’m proven wrong and will happily hold my hands up if I am 

What would you have changed yesterday apart from Byrne having a terrible game. 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

I will back you up in that,both yourself and 86 have always been the last to call for the managers head so it's damning to find you in this camp now.