v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Now is time for Mel Morris to face the music and admit defeat to the EFL.

We CANNOT end the window with this squad of players. Threadbare, inexperienced and totally out of its depth. Additions are desperately needed.

Peterborough would’ve been picked off 2 or 3-0 by any other competent Championship side after they had conceded the 1st. Unforgivable. 

Take the points deduction and deal with it head on. This constant limbo is crippling.

We’re good as down if nothing changes between now and September 1st.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Because players regularly give away free kicks, it should have been dealt with by 3 different players. To blame Sibley, who had a good game, just fits in with your already held bias against Sibley. 

Only stupid players give away stupid pointless free kicks for no reason, your crush Sibley did exactly that…which totally costs us the points 

We're just not very good. Expect results and performances like today. This is exactly what I said in pre season.

Forget Rooney for a second, we just don't have the players. Our squad is crap. I see so many people calling out Byrne, Jozwiak, Forsyth, Lawrence and saying how crap they are.

This is why we've lost today. Because we are not a good football team, our players are not good.

If you want good football, you need good players. It's as simple as that. I don't know how many times I have to say it on here. 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

?

do u mean joswiak was at fault for the all important first goal ??

then yes he was 

fast asleep his man ghosted past him in the penalty box

game changes on that 

Perhaps if Fozzy had challenged in the air rather than ducking it wouldn't have got that far.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

? Yeah who knew Foz would give their player a piggy back and Byrne would pass to their striker? ?

Knew Sibley would give a freekick away and get booked as sure as night follows day.

You know,the responsibility for coaching the players to play in certain ways lies with the manager, right?

I was waiting for your excuses Roy,you need to see what's actually happening out there,it's a mess..crap tactics and coaching from the top.

We're finished.

If this is our squad we're done.

The manager is tactically inept. How many times under him have we been 1-0 up and lost the game?

No idea what our plan was that game. Almost playing with 6 in midfield at times.

The mess before their first goal started with Forsyth not even trying to win the header and the lack of effort from Jozwiak to even stop their player was a joke. His reaction when they scored to, didn't look remotely bothered.

Where was the logic in bringing Jozwiak on right at the end? 

The second goal is disgraceful too. Davies and Bird going for the same ball and what Byrne was doing is anyone's guess. Just put your foot through it. 

There's no doubt in my mind we will go down.

I can't see anyone coming in, we can't even afford working TVs, staff in the ticket office, roadriders. So how we going to pay wages?

We have just played against a team who have conceded 7 goals in 2 games.

Please someone explain why we didn't go at them from the start.

What has Sibley got to do to start a game?

Did we actually pay real money for Jozwiak? Its like Jozefzoon all over again. So much money wasted on absolute dross in recent times. You could half understand if we'd gone bust signing good players but we may as well have set fire to the money. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You know,the responsibility for coaching the players to play in certain ways lies with the manager, right?

I was waiting for your excuses Roy,you need to see what's actually happening out there,it's a mess..crap tactics and coaching from the top.

What handling the ball on the floor is down to Rooney?

Byrne spinning like a top and clearing it to their only player?

Fozzy unable to get off the ground for the freekick?

We've faced a covid-depleted Huddersfield and Peterborough (who for my money are nailed on bottom 3) and managed to come away with 1 point despite going 1-0 up in both games. 

The draw with Salford was nice in mid week, but it shows how far we've fallen getting excited by that. 

Rarely has an owner ducked a previously well run club up to this extent. I wish he had never laid eyes on us. The only solace I take is that at least we didn't do one of those behind the scenes documentaries.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha ha ha… we were winning 1-0 (that’s all you have to do score more than the opposition) when your fan boy crush forgot that in football you aren’t allowed to pick up the ball for no reason at all….then your other Dan boy crunch decided to look the other way when they crossed It in….. pathetic. They both need dropping ASAP 

Dan boy crunch? I don't know what that is but I like it.