The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

How did Sterling get 90 mins

Seems like you only get to play for England if you're at a top 6 club or a CDM. Calvert-Lewin and Sancho in for Kane and Sterling would be my call. I'd also start Grealish instead of Rice who seems to be the most massively overhyped player of his generation. Perhaps allow Grealish to adopt a more central role too, where he can actually do some damage?

I honestly don't think Southgate has a clue what his best side is ?‍♀️

Scotland were superb. They probably should have won on balance of chances created.

I can’t believe we were down as one of the favourites for the tournament.

We have been so lacklustre in both games. The funny thing is this format means you only need to play one good game from four and you can find yourself in the quarter finals.

Always the hope that kills you with England. At least when I watch Derby expectations are generally low. More dispiriting to support a team with such an embarrassment of attacking talent and yet look clueless upfront and bereft of ideas. Rather than blame Kane I'd suggest the manager and system need to take accountability. We all know if you put service into Kane he will score, he can be a carthorse all game for all it matters and still be deadly clinical with a single chance. Problem is the side looked unbalanced, from the start to the finish. This gaping hole in midfield with 2 DMs and then everyone else high up, no central thread, lack of ambition in the centre of the park IMO.

28 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Croatians can still go above us if they win and we dont get at least a point

If Croatia win and we lose, both teams will have 4 points and we will finish above them in the group due to us winning the head to head game. If Scotland win and we lose it will be down to goal difference as to who finish second in the group.

Well that was depressing.  I had to go out for the last 20 mins, so recorded it and avoided the score.  When I got back I played it on x30 speed at times and it was still slow lol ? 

Huge improvement needed for the Czech Republic match otherwise and assuming we make it to round 2, we'll be off on our travels and heading into the next game with no confidence. 

I was looking forwards to tonight but that was like watching Derby limp over the line towards the end of last season - no passion, no commitment, no idea.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Getting excited now........cant wait to see Foden dancing around those skirt wearers as he knocks the fourth in..

Will you ever learn?.........Have you not seen this all before?.............keep on waiting............it's the hope and the over hyping that will destroy us once again........Think again and again.......

46 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Really thougt England were going to stuff the jocks. On paper onLy Robertson could get in the England side. But for sheer determination no England player could get into the jocks side. They were up for it and that can make a big difference in this game

A Derby is a great leveller 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Scotland were superb. They probably should have won on balance of chances created.

We have been so lacklustre in both games. The funny thing is this format means you only need to play one good game from four and you can find yourself in the quarter finals.

Give me a break; they were rubbish, they offered nothing at all. Their game plan was to kick Foden and waste time from minute 1. 
having said that, France and Italy would have beaten them by 6. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Never thought I'd long to see Henderson back in the side.

As for the Yorkshire Pirlo... Only Leeds fans could be so fookin deluded. He's not even in the same hemisphere at the Italian maestro and never will be. 

I'm not sure how they can even make the comparison even tongue in cheek. 

Pirlo - Deep playmaker capable of playing stunningly accurate long balls, strong set pieces, playing through the lines and relies on his positioning rather than physical traits to defend.

Phillips - roaming defensive midfielder looking to win the ball using strength and pace while passing it to the easiest option 99/100. 

Except for the position they play I can't think of a single likeness. 

Maybe Rooney is the scouse Guardiola. They're just as similar.

Is Rice a good player? I barely know anything about him. What does he do? 

I've only seen him for England and he's done nothing. As far as I can tell he's less stupid than Eric Dier but he looks like he's just happy to get a nice pass % and not mess anything up. 

Surely England can let Phillips do all that work and stick a slightly more responsible player in there? 

Just seems a waste of a shirt. Boring player?

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Scotland should have won they were far the better team they outclassed England on tactics and commitment and if they had got a decent forward they would have scored a couple of goals. I couldn't believe how slow we kept passing the ball around the back line. Any decent team would beat us on that performance. Good luck to Scotland hope you win against Croatia.