The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Anyone else hoping Finland sneak through in second from Group B and do a job on Wales?

Just so the Welsh pundits are sent packing.

‘Italy have no world class players. They’d love a Bale or a Ramsey.’

Hal Robson Kanu said this with a straight face, only for Italy to make 8 changes and still wipe the floor with Wales.

.....I'm just glad this contrasts so well with the balanced and unbiased views of the pundits of the English game.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Anyone else hoping Finland sneak through in second from Group B and do a job on Wales?

Just so the Welsh pundits are sent packing.

‘Italy have no world class players. They’d love a Bale or a Ramsey.’

Hal Robson Kanu said this with a straight face, only for Italy to make 8 changes and still wipe the floor with Wales.

I could live with that.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Other than Portugal and Ronaldo, you mean? 

Urgh, that's horrible. 

I know Ronaldo is one of the greatest players ever. I know he's answered all questions and the guy is a legend. 

But... just like Gareth Bale, he can't just pass 10 yards without it being the most wonderful, fantastic, hypnotising, orgasmic pass you've ever seen. 

And his "deadly" free kicks. The ones in "Ronaldo territory"

I'm not saying he's bad at free kicks. But I bet there are players in the Championship with more free kick accuracy. He may score some amazing free kicks but he smashes another 200 at walls and big screens. 

Just now, Alpha said:

Urgh, that's horrible. 

I know Ronaldo is one of the greatest players ever. I know he's answered all questions and the guy is a legend. 

But... just like Gareth Bale, he can't just pass 10 yards without it being the most wonderful, fantastic, hypnotising, orgasmic pass you've ever seen. 

I'm not saying he's bad at free kicks. But I bet there are players in the Championship with more free kick accuracy. He may score some amazing free kicks but he smashes another 200 at walls and big screens. 

I could easily say that he is bad at free kicks. Actually, he is terrible at free kicks. Poor man's Tom Lawrence and Lawrence's FKs are ... well... bad.

49 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

.....I'm just glad this contrasts so well with the balanced and unbiased views of the pundits of the English game.

Some posters obviously have been turning a deaf ear to the rantings of the likes of Rio Ferdinand.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

How does he manage to have no close contacts within the camp? Do they do all their training over Zoom? He was in pretty close contact with mason mount just a few days ago. I don't get it. 

I am confused also

say if I was flying from Gib and somebody on the plane was subsequently discovered to have covid, track and trace would require me to isolate.  

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

How does he manage to have no close contacts within the camp? Do they do all their training over Zoom? He was in pretty close contact with mason mount just a few days ago. I don't get it. 

Ridiculous isn't it. Probably a false positive anyway

17 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

They're all in a covid bubble (as are all the teams/coaching set ups) so will be testing and preying and preying some more and testing some more.

I short, though, that's us ducked.

Apparently no worries in the England camp, they didn't get near him.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow, just wow! I was hoping the Swiss would score more!

I'm loving watching the Italians play - how often can you say that? ? Hope they win the tournament.

Looking at the bracket, Italy could face Belgium in the quarter finals and even one of Germany, France or Portugal in the semis, so if they do go on to win the tournament, they will have definitely done it the hard way.

They have definitely been fun to watch. I think Mancini has done a fantastic job and taken them a long way. You look at the team and it's so well balanced and they play with a clear and consistent style. They are everything we had hoped England might be.

Personally I think Germany are a good bet for the tournament. Once they find their feet, I think they will be very hard to stop.

Fun and pretty strange fact for tonight's Finland-Belgium game:

Finland is unbeaten in seven last matches against the current world ranking leader. 4 wins and 3 draws between 1999-2016.

Therefore, I'm expecting walk in the park and easy three points and topping the group after tonight.

Edited by Dimmu

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Looking at the bracket, Italy could face Belgium in the quarter finals and even one of Germany, France or Portugal in the semis, so if they do go on to win the tournament, they will have definitely done it the hard way.

They have definitely been fun to watch. I think Mancini has done a fantastic job and taken them a long way. You look at the team and it's so well balanced and they play with a clear and consistent style. They are everything we had hoped England might be.

Personally I think Germany are a good bet for the tournament. Once they find their feet, I think they will be very hard to stop.

you could be right there mate, Germany very impressive against Portugal

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Urgh, that's horrible. 

It's like his goal against Germany, 5 yard tap into an empty, ITV commentator "Ronaldo is a machine " all because he ran in a straight line up the pitch, until the edge of the box where moved 3 yards across, "Look. At. That. Run. Un.Be.Lievable." Bore off ?

51 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The Dutch appear to be playing themselves into some form. 

Have to qualify that a tad as it's a relatively weak group, although I'm sure that quite a few would think that about England's group. 

England's group is definitely tougher. Would cup finalists are there. Scotland are better than North Macedonia. Czech Republic are a decent outfit and I would rank them higher than both Ukraine and Austria having watched them all play

Edited by Rammy03