The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, jono said:

This is the cream of English football ?

awful, pedestrian, no adventure. Sideways and backwards .. patience ? Naaa lack of hunger and vigour mixed with a load of over techi coaching 

Very poor. Struggling to see a star or anyone to light a fire. Dull

I know Anya was poor, but he can't be blamed for this.

This England team is lacking imagination, short on drive Slow, lethargic, boring and toothless. 

In an era where we have some of the best talent we’ve had in decades, Southgate and his crew find a way to pull out a performance like that again. 

Worst England manager, we need a flamboyant, progressive attack minded manager. Not this berk ?????

Just now, Spanish said:

They will start next game no doubt

To be honest, I'd not pick Kane.

One of the reasons we were so slow to get crosses in and ended up going backwards was that our centre-forward was nowhere near the box. Some one needs to tell him he's not playing for Tottenham.

Ideal for England now to aim for a draw against Czech Republic (where I reside :D)

perfect...means we are second and have a significantly easier time in the knockout.....a win and first place means we face either France, Germany or Portugal....second place means we get, on paper a significantly easier team.

What are the rules if we are 1-0 up vs CZ in the 90th minute, and "accidentally" concede an incredibly sloppy goal?......would we be fined?

We have the best young group of players for years and it is all going to be wasted with Southgate in charge. Need a coach who is going to play to our strengths which is in attacking areas and not an overly defensive approach. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

An autistic child's (my grandson) take on the England v Scotland tripefest...

No, not really. It's something too many teams are doing knowing they'll get through. 

Allow the boy to use the word 'pussies'

The worst thing about this is that Kane is the Captain!! 

I didn’t see him baalock, motivate, organise anyone once, in fact he spent the whole game sulking looking at the floor like an absolute prat, he was embarrassing. 

Look at the contrast with Andy Robertson tonight, the bloke looked possessed pre game, his pupils looked like dinner plates he was that psyched up.