The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Ideal for England now to aim for a draw against Czech Republic (where I reside :D)

perfect...means we are second and have a significantly easier time in the knockout.....a win and first place means we face either France, Germany or Portugal....second place means we get, on paper a significantly easier team.

What are the rules if we are 1-0 up vs CZ in the 90th minute, and "accidentally" concede an incredibly sloppy goal?......would we be fined?

What do CZ need?

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Ideal for England now to aim for a draw against Czech Republic (where I reside :D)

perfect...means we are second and have a significantly easier time in the knockout.....a win and first place means we face either France, Germany or Portugal....second place means we get, on paper a significantly easier team.

What are the rules if we are 1-0 up vs CZ in the 90th minute, and "accidentally" concede an incredibly sloppy goal?......would we be fined?

How long you been there? I lived in the CR for 10 years but left in 2009.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Easiest way is to not watch the rubbish Southgate encourages. Glad you're enjoying it.

Where did you get that idea?

I assumed that you were going in the kitchen do do some food preparation - and peeling onions struck me as preferable to watching anything that Southgate is in charge of.

Thought Scotland were very good value for a point at very least. They played their hearts out and battled for absolutely everything. England did precisely the opposite.

Southgate set up the side to not lose tonight, yet again. More concerned with staying in gainful employment than winning matches IMO. There's something vaguely obscene about paying a man £3 million a year to undermine the best crop of young players we've had in years. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

To be honest, I'd not pick Kane.

One of the reasons we were so slow to get crosses in and ended up going backwards was that our centre-forward was nowhere near the box. Some one needs to tell him he's not playing for Tottenham.

Absolutely right, Kane and Sterling slow the game down to a point where we just go backwards with no attacking intent.

Id start with Calvert Lewin for Kane and Jack Grealish fir Sterling against Czech Republic on Tuesday. 

We all know Southgate won’t do that ?

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Thought Scotland were very good value for a point at very least. They played their hearts out and battled for absolutely everything. England did precisely the opposite.

Southgate set up the side to not lose tonight, yet again. More concerned with staying in gainful employment than winning matches IMO. There's something vaguely obscene about paying a man £3 million a year to undermine the crop of young players we've had in years. 

It’s insulting that GS gets £3m for destroying our players mojo

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The worst thing about this is that Kane is the Captain!! 

I didn’t see him baalock, motivate, organise anyone once, in fact he spent the whole game sulking looking at the floor like an absolute prat, he was embarrassing. 

Look at the contrast with Andy Robertson tonight, the bloke looked possessed pre game, his pupils looked like dinner plates he was that psyched up. 

Che Adams embarrassed Kane. I bet Mings and Stones have a few bruises from him and I bet they mentioned his name a lot more than Grant Hanley mentioned Kane. 

Stood up there looking like he's 40 year old retired. 

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Absolutely right, Kane and Sterling slow the game down to a point where we just go backwards with no attacking intent.

Id start with Calvert Lewin for Kane and Jack Grealish fir Sterling against Czech Republic on Tuesday. 

We all know Southgate won’t do that ?

Southgate was brave enough to take Kane off (too late but still, he took him off) but not Sterling, who was just as awful. He'd receive the ball and slow to walking pace. Any momentum gone and nobody's going to move forward because they know that's not where the ball is going. See also James and Shaw. (Walker and Trippier were miles better in the last game).

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

To be honest, I'd not pick Kane.

One of the reasons we were so slow to get crosses in and ended up going backwards was that our centre-forward was nowhere near the box. Some one needs to tell him he's not playing for Tottenham.

Who would you pick then? Sorry Kane’s our best forward, the problem is we have a manager who’d rather us not concede than score goals. Kane up front with a positive manager would score loads, we’ve got Southgate ???? 2 defensive midfielders against Scotland, Div 1 standard Scotland, this lies with the manager and the FA who chose him, an absolute waste in our future footballers 

Edited by TexasRam

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I just watch that and think .. that could have been a poor championship game between to low scoring mid table sides. There was so little to see even in terms of basic skill never mind flair. Who on either team could you think wow .. he looks dangerous ? 

Its all too slow so you never get the chance to force a mistake. Defenders are never caught out , we never put an early ball in the box, several times we turned back instead of hitting a first timer into the box. Its like we have to try and score a textbook, training ground goal, its not like that in the heat of competition, you have to be brave and go for it. If you hit an early ball in to the box and there's no one there then its the forwards/midfielders fault for not making a run...and breathe......4 points out of 6 means we'll qualify easily enough but bloody hell Gareth, inject some passion and give the players licence to go for it ffs.

I went into work early and rushed like feck to get finished and made it home at 8.04pm - I showed more pace and passion to get on my sofa with a beer than England did to beat the sweaties.