The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Che Adams embarrassed Kane. I bet Mings and Stones have a few bruises from him and I bet they mentioned his name a lot more than Grant Hanley mentioned Kane. 

Stood up there looking like he's 40 year old retired. 

He was awful, one of the worst performances I’ve seen for a long time. How much is he conning out of Spurs a week? 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Who would you pick then? Sorry Kane’s our best forward, the problem is we have a manager who’d rather us not concede than score goals. Kane up front with a positive manager would score loads, we’ve got Southgate ???? 2 defensive midfielders against Scotland, Div 1 standard Scotland, this lies with the manager and the FA who close him, a waste in our future footballers 

Yet Kane is playing with Mount, Foden, Sterling. Plenty of options going forwards. Rice and Phillips are naturally defensive but Phillips played further forward.

Kane is our best forward but he's been proper rubbish in both games so far.

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

Has anyone a genuine suggestion for a different manager?

Yes. I'd put Frank Lampard in charge. He'd actually make good use of all our attacking talent. We might concede 9 goals, but we'll score 10 with him charge. Englands defence is crap anyway, so may as well play to our strengths. At the very least he would play some entertaining football.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

No aggression, no idea, no urgency, sideways and backwards, ball to feet, just awful. 

What happens if we lose the next game? Do we still go through?

So we are guaranteed to finish at least 3rd in our group. 

It's difficult to see us at least not being one of the best 4 third place teams given we'd have 4 points. 

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

No aggression, no idea, no urgency, sideways and backwards, ball to feet, just awful. 

What happens if we lose the next game? Do we still go through?

Croatians can still go above us if they win and we dont get at least a point

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yet Kane is playing with Mount, Foden, Sterling. Plenty of options going forwards. Rice and Phillips are naturally defensive but Phillips played further forward.

Kane is our best forward but he's been proper rubbish in both games so far.

I agree, but he’s a top striker and the reasons he’s poo lays at the feet of the manager and no one else  

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes. I'd put Frank Lampard in charge. He'd actually make good use of all our attacking talent. We might concede 9 goals, but we'll score 10 with him charge. Englands defence is crap anyway, so may as well play to our strengths. At the very least he would play some entertaining football.

I briefly thought of Lampard then remembered his play off final selection and some pretty bad performances from us during his tenure.

Not recommending this fella but I’d rather have Dyche from Burnley in charge than Southgate, at least we’d see some graft.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Thought Scotland were very food value for a point at very least. They played their hearts out and battled for absolutely everything. England did precisely the opposite.

Southgate set up the side to not lose tonight, yet again. More concerned with staying in gainful employment than winning matches IMO. There's something vaguely obscene about paying a man £3 million a year to undermine the crop of young players we've had in years. 

Food value ? Must be all that square sausage .. eaten by Sounesses teeth ! Wow what a set of glistening white tomb stones ?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But we'd then be third above Scotland. 

??? That doesnt change the fact that Croatia would go above us. You are then relying on other teams being worse than us for us to qualify

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Food value ? Must be all that square sausage .. eaten by Sounesses teeth ! Wow what a set of glistening white tomb stones ?

Looks like sounds souness   had a bit of ‘hospitality ‘ before/during the game. 

Edited by RIMBAUD

"The Yorkshire Pirlo".

I think he's a good defensive midfielder but fook me. No. No, no and no. Being a defensive midfielder is the only similarity. 

Rice is boring isn't he? Is he always a 6/10 player?

Either of them DM's could have taken on responsibility. Why didn't one? Southgate or just not enough talent?

At least Eric Dier isn't about though. 

Edited by Alpha

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

"The Yorkshire Pirlo".

I think he's a good defensive midfielder but fook me. No. No, no and no. Being a defensive midfielder is the only similarity. 

Rice is boring isn't he? Is he always a 6/10 player?

Either of them DM's could have taken on responsibility. Why didn't one? Southgate or just not enough talent?

At least Eric Dier isn't about though. 

Never thought I'd long to see Henderson back in the side.

As for the Yorkshire Pirlo... Only Leeds fans could be so fookin deluded. He's not even in the same hemisphere at the Italian maestro and never will be. 

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

It was like watching Derby. Backwards, sideways, forwards, sideways, back to goalie. Pathetic performance

2 boring sideways midfielders, when will we ever learn football is about scoring goals