Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

I wonder if the club can call in cash owed to it by Morris for the stadium sale? 

I suspect this may be the light at the end of the tunnel that for once, is not an oncoming train! Presumably Morris is obliged to meet the agreed terms (even if they involve staged payments) in order for the sale to be completed. What seems incredibly unlikely is that he can take ownership for £20million versus the much publicised £80 million valuation when he has himself put the relevant 'creditor' into administration.

Seems to me there are various plausible outcomes:

1) He confirms his intention to complete the sale, in which case the club is owed @£60 million which offsets our current borrowing 

2) He relinquishes the stadium ownership and tries to recoup the £20 million already paid - good luck with that!

3) He refuses to make further repayments to the club so ownership defaults back to the club and he forfeits the £20 million already paid

I suspect this scenario was a major factor in the dozen plus enquiries from interested parties the club received before the weekend was out. That is to say, a scenario whereby any buyer were to settle our debt book but in return receive an £80 million asset in the process, would surely make the deal of significant interest. 

The optimist in me wonders whether administration might not be a cute way for Mel to honour his promises whilst at the same time providing an immediate means for him to escape the ongoing financial burdens associated with continued ownership, as well settling accounts with a rightfully unhappy fanbase and simultaneously ending the war with the EFL. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

On 21/09/2021 at 09:50, StarterForTen said:

And programme sales revenues.... oh wait, they can't be arsed with producing one of those.

They should do a 'Derby Till We Die' special for the Reading game at a fiver just as a one-off.

"We're Derby til Derby dies" would be a more appropriate title

10 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

They actually quote Mel pointing out Boro 'cheated' to get promoted "The sale of fixed assets is allowed in the rules. In 2016 a club [Boro] got promoted who chose to sell the tax loss from the football club to the parent company, because that then makes it revenue which is a positive towards profit, to help remain within Financial Fair Play."

Previously they say this about Gibson: "Middlesbrough's dispute with Derby has been ongoing for more than two years. Steve Gibson, the Middlesbrough chairman, has been a passionate and outspoken supporter of Financial Fair Play - now known as the Football League's Profit & Sustainability rules - and has previously accused rival clubs of “cheating” in order to try and secure promotion to the Premier League."

I mean seriously, wtf! I thought clubs weren't supposed to take legal action against each other according to EFL regs?

Edited by GboroRam

If the people, Morris, Pearce possibly Rush, are all out of the picture, no longer anything to do with Derby County Football Club, how can Gibson sue the club/take legal action against it ?

Surely he should go after the people who he feels wronged his club not the club itself ? If he wants this club to no longer exist then quite simply he’s a vindictive Berk. (I’m sure you know what Berk is short for)

I believe we offered him the accounts and he said no, so not sure how he scrutinised them.  I would assume if he's doing this now, it because were in admin and previously we would have countersued for unfounded stadium sale allegations, that put a stop to the club trading for 6 months in a meaningful way and stopped a sale.  What a nob

On a more serious note, could this from Boro or the Wycombe legal position have been triggers for the administration?

"It was Septembre, the season had started well, discussions were ongoing to clear up the last of the EFL issues for -9 points and a situation where the club would be trading a lot more sustainably was emerging. And out of the blue the administration button is pressed because Mel was board of his toy and it cost him too much to run."

If there is anything of substance to the legal claims (bearing in mind the EFL disciplinry process is the agreed mechanism for FFP enformcment), then I could see that being a trigger.