Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I've seen Kieran Maguire mentioned a rule change at the end of last year which means HMRC get 100% but I have also read from Nixon (i know) that he has spoken to people who have been involved in administration and it is still 25-35p on the £1. I am hoping in this case Nixon is correct.

I'd trust Nixon over that supposed know-it-all Maguire any day of the week. Especially as Nixon just about tweeted Wigan's admin story day by day!

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I just want to say that I am a realist and I know the likelihood involved, but if we're admitting defeat and saying relegation is a certainty only 8 games into the season, we might as well fold the club now

You've got to believe it can be done. A bit of wild hope never hurt anyone. If we've got this defeatist attitude already, don't be surprised to get tonked every game now until the end of the season. How can the players have any belief if we as the fans don't?

Call me an idiot if you like but come on. Let's give it a try, no?

Agreed. 12 points is recoverable if there isn't a fire sale in Jan. Maybe 16 points at a push. Imagine the scenes if we managed it. 

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

When my son was born I always said I’d take him to his first Derby game when he was 5 years old. I wanted him to experience the same buzz outside the ground before a game, the smell of the hot dogs and burger vans and the sharp intake of breath the first time he ever walked up the stairs and gazed upon the pitch. 

He just turned 5 and I’m absolutely devastated, this was a moment I’ve been planning since before he was even born. I can’t bring him into this, this is not how he should have to remember his first few months supporting a club that will become a part of him for the rest of his life. 

my worry is, if I don’t take him soon there might not be a club to take him to for much longer. 

This whole thing is devastating and you can feel how it’s affected the whole City.

Take him anyway. You never know what might happen; maybe it's one of the last days as a club, maybe it's one of the first days on a long recovery.

The atmosphere last saturday looked fantastic and everything is pointing towards that this has had a galvanizing effect on the fan base. It might not be the best time off the pitch but it will be memorable going to the game.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I just want to say that I am a realist and I know the likelihood involved, but if we're admitting defeat and saying relegation is a certainty only 8 games into the season, we might as well fold the club now

You've got to believe it can be done. A bit of wild hope never hurt anyone. If we've got this defeatist attitude already, don't be surprised to get tonked every game now until the end of the season. How can the players have any belief if we as the fans don't?

Call me an idiot if you like but come on. Let's give it a try, no?

One thing you seem to be forgetting once administrators are involved there is no guarantee full wages will be paid to the players employers of any firm are the last in the pecking order,Tax and Vat man first followed by the administrators themselves will make sure they get paid,then the debtors then if your lucky the staff.

Wont be long before the toys are out the pram and players not giving a dam

27 minutes ago, Derbados said:

When my son was born I always said I’d take him to his first Derby game when he was 5 years old. I wanted him to experience the same buzz outside the ground before a game, the smell of the hot dogs and burger vans and the sharp intake of breath the first time he ever walked up the stairs and gazed upon the pitch. 

He just turned 5 and I’m absolutely devastated, this was a moment I’ve been planning since before he was even born. I can’t bring him into this, this is not how he should have to remember his first few months supporting a club that will become a part of him for the rest of his life. 

my worry is, if I don’t take him soon there might not be a club to take him to for much longer. 

This whole thing is devastating and you can feel how it’s affected the whole City.

Take him.

I took my 5 year old grandson to the Stoke game, his first one. All he keeps going on about is the hand dryer in the toilets so I wouldn't  worry to much about traumatizing the lad as he probably won't understand.

I've kept his ticket and I'll give it to him one day perhaps on his 18th or something sentimental like that. 

Edited by 24Charlie

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Agreed. 12 points is recoverable if there isn't a fire sale in Jan. Maybe 16 points at a push. Imagine the scenes if we managed it. 

Will be the best day of my life..(outside of family)

Edited by Yani P

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Take him anyway. You never know what might happen; maybe it's one of the last days as a club, maybe it's one of the first days on a long recovery.

The atmosphere last saturday looked fantastic and everything is pointing towards that this has had a galvanizing effect on the fan base. It might not be the best time off the pitch but it will be memorable going to the game.

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Totally agree.I remain 100% optimistic I refuse to sink into all doom and gloom..the team need us to give them belief that we can and will stay up and I will not think about relegation until it becomes a mathematical certainty..personally I am confident we will stay up as long as the EFL get off our backs..

Win our home games and we can do it. We win our home games from us making it the fortress that PP can be. 

You only have to look at how many supporters turned up before the last game of the season to know we have a brilliant fan base and one that, when sticking together, we can make the difference. 

Forget what’s happened in the last few years, let’s just look forward and be positive and know that we can make a difference. 

I think 6 points from the next 3 games and we can dream of staying up, even with a 21 point deduction 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

With the club in its current state would you refuse to move to a more stable environment, where your guaranteed to be paid

When you can walk into any other team at the end of the season because that’s when your contract ends and get a large signing on fee 

5 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Does anyone know, with Mel owning the stadium under the Gellaw Newco 202 company (with it’s parent being Gellaw Newco 204) and those 2 companies being listed on the same Companies house charge documents, as ‘The Chargors’, with the club associated ones, does that mean it is the same loan?

If those 2 companies aren’t in administration (while all of the others listed are) and Mel has to keep paying MSD to not lose control of the stadium to them, would that mean that the entirety of the MSD loan is not actually the clubs to pay off?

Yes all these companies have guaranteed the same MSD loan and given security over all their assets in support 

yes Mel could pay off MSD to get control of the stadium. But the company that owns it still owes the club a substantial amount in deferred purchase price, which he would also need to settle. Not sure from his interview what he’s planning 

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I've seen Kieran Maguire mentioned a rule change at the end of last year which means HMRC get 100% but I have also read from Nixon (i know) that he has spoken to people who have been involved in administration and it is still 25-35p on the £1. I am hoping in this case Nixon is correct.

I think Maguire is completely wrong if he is referring to rule change (mentioned by others) that merely makes HMRC a preferential creditor therefore moving them up the pecking order of creditors in the event of liquidation. If the club did go into liquidation then HMRC would only receive 100% if there are sufficient assets to satisfy creditors down to their level. That's how I understand it anyway.

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

One thing you seem to be forgetting once administrators are involved there is no guarantee full wages will be paid to the players employers of any firm are the last in the pecking order,Tax and Vat man first followed by the administrators themselves will make sure they get paid,then the debtors then if your lucky the staff.

It's a worry for sure but the two things I'd say to that are.

You can make the argument that we've got several players with personal attachment to the club having come throught he academy and/or model pros (i.e. Davies) that might be willing to weather the storm for a little bit. 

There is an incentive for all players to keep playing till January to secure a better contract elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Win our home games and we can do it. We win our home games from us making it the fortress that PP can be. 

You only have to look at how many supporters turned up before the last game of the season to know we have a brilliant fan base and one that, when sticking together, we can make the difference. 

Forget what’s happened in the last few years, let’s just look forward and be positive and know that we can make a difference. 

I think 6 points from the next 3 games and we can dream of staying up, even with a 21 point deduction 

With the best will in the world the EFL have openly stated in their  communications that they want Derby county relegated - they will just add more and more points deducted on to us and possibly invent some a season after as well even if we survive as a club 

9 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I sort of agree with you, Curtis Davies was on Sky Sports being interviewd about Wayne Rooney, He said WR doesn't need the money, He could pack it all in, Take a wage cut, But he's pulled all the players togther with an attitude of US and THEM.

But if wages don't get paid...then I fear the doo doo is going to hit the Fan.

Just now, Sparkle said:

With the best will in the world the EFL have openly stated in their  communications that they want Derby county relegated - they will just add more and more points deducted on to us and possibly invent some a season after as well even if we survive as a club 

If that’s the case, then let’s just win our away games too ?

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Any Rams follower who lived through Cloughie and Taylor leaving in 1973 is certain of two things:-

1) Thiings are never as dark as they seem and

2) DCFC have an amazing resilience and capacity to bounce back.

NB. A follower supports the team in fair and foul weather. It means more than being a mere fan!

COYR…. Only -2 points with 38 games to go!

Yep agree  I was there in the mid 60's and this is the worst I have ever known. It's so cruel on the fans and the club. Owners should be held to account at all times. But we will bounce back 

22 minutes ago, sage said:

He won't remember FFP and administration, he will remember all the things you mentioned in your first paragraph. The atmosphere at the Stoke game was very positive and will be v Reading and Swansea. 

True, just want the football bug to get hold of him, like it did with me. That first game is so important