Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 minutes ago, curb said:

For anyone thinking about whether it would be possible to form a ‘Phoenix’ club, Bury AFC formed last season, but the season got suspended due to COVID.
This season, After 10 games they are second in the North West Counties League First Division North, which is at level 10 in the football pyramid.

These are the current non-league clubs in Derbyshire, level 10 would be around the level of Heanor and Borrowash Vics.

It would be good fun for a bit, but they wouldn’t see league football in my lifetime.

Level 5 

Chesterfield National League

Level 6 

Alfreton Town National League North

Level 7 

Buxton NPL (Northern Premier League) Premier Division

Matlock Town NPL Premier Division

Mickleover FC NPL Premier Division

Level 8

Belper Town NPL Division One East

Glossop North End NPL Division One

Gresley NPL Division One East

Level 9 

Ilkeston Town MFL (Midland Football League) Premier Division

Long Eaton United MFL Premier Division

South Normanton Athletic MFL Premier Division

Staveley Miners Welfare NCEL (Northern Counties East League) Premier Division

Level 10

Belper United EMCL (East Midlands Counties League)

FC Bolsover NCEL (Northern Counties East League) Division One

Borrowash Victoria EMCL

Dronfield Town NCEL Division One

Graham Street Prims EMCL

Heanor Town EMCL

New Mills NWCL (North West Counties League) Division One South

Shirebrook Town NCEL Division One

Thanks for posting this. Been wondering which level we'd have to start at in the event of a worse case scenario.

42 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We are out of covid… but that doesnt mean that it didnt wipe a seasons revenues off for us 

I'm not saying that but surely now were out of it the projdcted cashlow forecast must look better. Surely administration is when there is no way out or hope going forward 

My gut feeling is there's allot of p*** and wind in these stories of Boro and Wycombe taking legal action, designed to put off potential buyers and drive us into liquidation. I don't believe they have a snowball in hells chance of winning a legal case, but tying us down in legal battles is another way of sucking us dry. 

This is war. Make no mistake about it. 

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The dyed perm-bouffant toad. 

I thought that a basic tenet of English law is you had to prove loss in order to sue. 

I can't see what is claim is for.

This is all to do with the last day shoot in 2019 between us, them and Bristol City .  If we finished 7th or 8th that year neither would give a poo . Nothing to do with fair play for all teams, which can't possibly exist anyway. Somehow it's our fault Boro couldn't beat relegated Rotherham to get into 6th place.  He can't possibly sue because 1- it may have been there own team selection that stopped them winning 2- there was no guarantee they would have got promoted or even get to Wembley 3- The thing he moaned about has been binned off 4- One EFL club can't sue another and he's been told this 4- We're in admin so he'll get bugger all and as the administrator is getting paid, they would have a contesting legal team. 5- He's a **** *** with a Wycombe half and half scarf and a love child called popodoupoulos 

43 minutes ago, curb said:

For anyone thinking about whether it would be possible to form a ‘Phoenix’ club, Bury AFC formed last season, but the season got suspended due to COVID.
This season, After 10 games they are second in the North West Counties League First Division North, which is at level 10 in the football pyramid.

These are the current non-league clubs in Derbyshire, level 10 would be around the level of Heanor and Borrowash Vics.

It would be good fun for a bit, but they wouldn’t see league football in my lifetime.

Level 5 

Level 6 

Level 7 

Level 8

Level 9 

Level 10

Borrowash Victoria EMCL

Graham Street Prims EMCL

Heanor Town EMCL

no-way.gif

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My gut feeling is there's allot of p*** and wind in these stories of Boro and Wycombe taking legal action, designed to put off potential buyers and drive us into liquidation. I don't believe they have a snowball in hells chance of winning a legal case, but tying us down in legal battles is another way of sucking us dry. 

This is war. Make no mistake about it. 

Why would anybody want to do that? 

Please explain your thought process.

1 minute ago, GadFly said:

Why would anybody want to do that? 

Please explain your thought process.

You only have to look at fans of other clubs that are absolutely loving it. I guess chairmen are no different, despite how we perceive them.

Boro and Wycombe serve to benefit if we die as a club, perhaps they want some of our players on the cheap?

It’s a cut throat business. Gibson isn’t going after Mel anymore, he’s gunning for the club. Same with Wycombe. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You only have to look at fans of other clubs that are absolutely loving it. I guess chairmen are no different, despite how we perceive them.

Boro and Wycombe serve to benefit if we die as a club, perhaps they want some of our players on the cheap?

It’s a cut throat business. Gibson isn’t going after Mel anymore, he’s gunning for the club. Same with Wycombe. 

Reading and hearing what they have to say I can imagine that instead of x rated sites it's the idea of decent folk losing their jobs that is tonight's 'material'

Edited by Alpha

The BBG.  From experience of doing a full compass of perhaps 50 away grounds, that place was special, especially at night .  If I started going to matches at Pride Park, I'd have gone regular but perhaps not had the 16 years of addiction I had their.  You could feel the ghosts of 100 years of fans in the fabric.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Did i not say this was under the caveat of “i hope” 

I'm not claiming any substance for this other than i dont believe anyone whos a been a fan of a club for circa 50 years would let them vanish 

there has to be more to it 

surely ?

Im perhaps , hoping, maybe scared of the truth i dont know 

i just think.. based on nithing more but my over active mind theres another layer to this 

My mind must be as over active as yours

7 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Thanks for posting this. Been wondering which level we'd have to start at in the event of a worse case scenario.

If we were reborn, but managed to keep the ground, would be interesting to see where we restarted. In this case, with still a decent attendance, we'd be way richer than the teams at the lowest level and able to fund a much stronger team. Perhaps we may start around Conference North level?

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If we were reborn, but managed to keep the ground, would be interesting to see where we restarted. In this case, with still a decent attendance, we'd be way richer than the teams at the lowest level and able to fund a much stronger team. Perhaps we may start around Conference North level?

I guess those leagues would be interested in having us (for the money) and may be happy to expand by one more team?

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think we’d struggle to afford the ground if we were non league. The revenue streams just wouldn’t be there to generate the income needed. Should that happen we’d be ground sharing with Notts County/Chesterfield or somewhere of that ilk. 

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and league 1 is our lowest ebb. 

8 hours ago, curb said:

Level 5 

Level 6 

Level 7 

Level 8

Level 9 

Level 10

Borrowash Victoria EMCL

Graham Street Prims EMCL

Heanor Town EMCL

I don't know how old you are or the state of your health, but you only have to get to level 4 for league football - it wouldnt take that long. Wimbledon started at tier 9 and it took them 9 seasons to get back to league football. Derby would have significantly more support and more funds - i'd expect them to knock a couple of years off that.

The EFL will have to tread really carefully how they treat us in these difficult times as I suspect that when clubs start publishing accounts for 20/21 over the coming months many may have breached the P&S loss limit due to COVID. If they then “relax” the rules to stop half the teams having embargoes and point deducted due to “unprecedented circumstances” but not for us then they are opening themselves up to a huge claim.