Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

So to recap we are now possibly being sued by both Boro and Wycombe. Who next? Forest for not clearing rubbish because a goal against them went in off a coffee cup? So if they sue presumably those cases wouldnt come to court for some time so where would they get money from? Can you sue a company in admin? Or do all debts and liabilities at that time get considered and that's it. It is ridiculous as on this basis we can surely sue QPR and Villa?  Think we just need to concentrate on the football itself. This is just all so awful. Well done MM

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

I don't know how much we paid our accountants at Derby, but I reckon 4 of us with GCE maths, a pocket calculator and an ounce of common sense could have done it twice as well.

I meet all three and am available at a 50% discount!. ?

Edited by Brammie Steve

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So to recap we are now possibly being sued by both Boro and Wycombe. Who next? Forest for not clearing rubbish because a goal against them went in off a coffee cup? So if they sue presumably those cases wouldnt come to court for some time so where would they get money from? Can you sue a company in admin? Or do all debts and liabilities at that time get considered and that's it. It is ridiculous as on this basis we can surely sue QPR and Villa?  Think we just need to concentrate on the football itself. This is just all so awful. Well done MM

When the second tribunal sat there were several other things not publicly defined until the findings of the tribunal were published. At least one of these other things was middlebough wanting to take independent action against up. To put it bluntly the EFL told them to go away the EFL rules stated something like the EFL are the sole body that can take action. 

8 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Would someone from the Telegraph or Radio Derby have the guts to ask him

”Do you want Derby County to cease to exist as a football club in the Football League?”

Wo will he sue?

The EFL?

DCFC in administration?

Mel Morris personally?

Gibson is just mouthing off nothing to see here

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I thought the government changed it as they didn't understand or could see reason why footballing creditors should come before HM departments where money is owing as that doesn't apply to any other type of business

That’s it exactly as I understand it and is what I’m saying. HMRC were simply moved up the pecking order of creditors in the event of liquidation. So, the amount they receive is dependent on how much money is raised. If there isn’t enough to satisfy all preferential creditors they might not get 100%.

I’m no expert so I don’t know if HMRC, along with other creditors, would accept a reduced amount in order to avoid liquidation (I doubt it) or if they’d still insist on 100% but agree a payment plan.

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Wo will he sue?

The EFL?

DCFC in administration?

Mel Morris personally?

Gibson is just mouthing off nothing to see here

I hope someone somewhere within The EFL or The FA turn the spotlight on Gibson and his clubs accounts etc. I’m sure with that sold out week in week out capacity stadium and his turnover of profit on players like Assombalonga etc, he has nothing to fear ???