Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Wo will he sue?

The EFL?

DCFC in administration?

Mel Morris personally?

Gibson is just mouthing off nothing to see here

More likely that Mel Morris might sue Boro and the EFL once unshackled from the club. The spurious claims that the ground had been overvalued cost his a deal to sell the club didn’t it?

1 minute ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

More likely that Mel Morris might sue Boro and the EFL once unshackled from the club. The spurious claims that the ground had been overvalued cost his a deal to sell the club didn’t it?

Gotta wonder who the duck Morris would have sold us to. It's potentially the only good thing about admin. The buyers will be scrutinized. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s it exactly as I understand it and is what I’m saying. HMRC were simply moved up the pecking order of creditors in the event of liquidation. So, the amount they receive is dependent on how much money is raised. If there isn’t enough to satisfy all preferential creditors they might not get 100%.

I’m no expert so I don’t know if HMRC, along with other creditors, would accept a reduced amount in order to avoid liquidation (I doubt it) or if they’d still insist on 100% but agree a payment plan.

it will be "Hobsons choice" for the creditors after the administrators have finished and made their recommendations qs to the distribution of funds raised. The only people I guarantee will get all of their cash back will be MSD they will get 100% because they have the charge over all the assets, the HMRC do not.

Charge 2.

The EFL served a notice of appeal against the dismissal of Charge 2. Middlesbrough Football Club (“MFC”) sought to bring its own appeal against Charge 1 and to intervene in the EFL appeal. 

The League Arbitration Appeal Panel concluded there was no jurisdiction for MFC to bring its own appeal, and it did not meet the relevant test of standing to intervene in the EFL appeal

From the EFL decision on the matter. As Gibson sounds as if he is going against the EFL ruling will he be done for bringing the game into disrepute?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Gotta wonder who the duck Morris would have sold us to. It's potentially the only good thing about admin. The buyers will be scrutinized. 

Only in as much as the club will be sold to the highest bidder, that will be the only scrutinisation, please do not think administrators are nice people. they are not, they are scum, as I have stated previously they are jackals.

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Only in as much as the club will be sold to the highest bidder, that will be the only scrutinisation, please do not think administrators are nice people. they are not, they are scum, as I have stated previously they are jackals.

I know they're not. They're not nice and they charge a ducking fortune! But hopefully our buyers won't be fake sheiks or tapas kings. Morris didn't give a monkey's who he sold to.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I suspect this may be the light at the end of the tunnel that for once, is not an oncoming train! Presumably Morris is obliged to meet the agreed terms (even if they involve staged payments) in order for the sale to be completed. What seems incredibly unlikely is that he can take ownership for £20million versus the much publicised £80 million valuation when he has himself put the relevant 'creditor' into administration.

Seems to me there are various plausible outcomes:

1) He confirms his intention to complete the sale, in which case the club is owed @£60 million which offsets our current borrowing 

2) He relinquishes the stadium ownership and tries to recoup the £20 million already paid - good luck with that!

3) He refuses to make further repayments to the club so ownership defaults back to the club and he forfeits the £20 million already paid

I suspect this scenario was a major factor in the dozen plus enquiries from interested parties the club received before the weekend was out. That is to say, a scenario whereby any buyer were to settle our debt book but in return receive an £80 million asset in the process, would surely make the deal of significant interest. 

The optimist in me wonders whether administration might not be a cute way for Mel to honour his promises whilst at the same time providing an immediate means for him to escape the ongoing financial burdens associated with continued ownership, as well settling accounts with a rightfully unhappy fanbase and simultaneously ending the war with the EFL. 

I love this idea. ? 

20 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

He should concentrate on his own underperforming little club. I really hope all Boro’s financial affairs are beyond reproach.

They are not I put their numbers up in a thread but it was removed,

They lost £31million y/e June 2020, profit of £1.8 million June 2019,  loss of £6.6 million June 2018 so 3 year period £35.8 million loss be interesting to see what happens this year, I think he is doing the classic don't look at this look at that over there