Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

19 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Take him.

I took my 5 year old grandson to the Stoke game, his first one. All he keeps going on about is the hand dryer in the toilets so I wouldn't  worry to much about traumatizing the lad as he probably won't understand.

I've kept his ticket and I'll give it to him one day perhaps on his 18th or something sentimental like that. 

Thanks mate, love the ticket idea also

20 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

One thing you seem to be forgetting once administrators are involved there is no guarantee full wages will be paid to the players employers of any firm are the last in the pecking order,Tax and Vat man first followed by the administrators themselves will make sure they get paid,then the debtors then if your lucky the staff.

Wont be long before the toys are out the pram and players not giving a dam

I'm not forgetting anything thank you very much. I'm well aware of the situation we are in.

Amazing you get out of bed in the morning if you give up that easily.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

True, just want the football bug to get hold of him, like it did with me. That first game is so important

Reading will be great, Night match (everyone's first game should be night game) but not too cold. Plenty of atmosphere. 

Bit of info on Andrew Hosking @Quantuma:

"Andrew is an avid follower of Liverpool FC, and enjoys the theatre, opera and the arts."

So he's a footy fan. Always loved Liverpool ?

Let's hope he has empathy with the club and the fans.

He also looks to be easily contactable if you want a chat:

T: 020 3856 6723

M: 07771 533 268

E: andrew.hosking@quantuma.com

image.png.92ac8abe5dc5f636bd0e0ccc26bc0571.png

6 hours ago, Gisby said:

Turkeys will never vote for Xmas I’m afraid. It’s been said before but until some external body steps in, takes control & regulates this  industry (it is not a sport any more) then those with a vested interest will continue to look after themselves and to hell with everyone else. Football is no longer the game I grew up loving, DCFC is in my blood so I can’t let go but in general what has become of the game disgusts me. 

I've tried so hard to get Mr Miggins to come and see a game but he won't and you have perfectly encapsulated the reasons why he has fallen out of love with game. Like @angieram he believes that football has been broken and at the top end it is no longer a sport but an industry. If you are one of the 8 top teams in the premiership then you are fine, any lower down and to hell with you. As long as the cash cows of the premier league are bringing in huge amounts of money the plight of teams desperately trying to improve their position and survive in lower leagues is of little or no interest or concern. It stinks and as you say, @Gisby it needs much stricter regulation to make sure that every team in the league is looked after and the truth is that it won't happen. A broken game indeed.

45 minutes ago, Derbados said:

When my son was born I always said I’d take him to his first Derby game when he was 5 years old. I wanted him to experience the same buzz outside the ground before a game, the smell of the hot dogs and burger vans and the sharp intake of breath the first time he ever walked up the stairs and gazed upon the pitch. 

He just turned 5 and I’m absolutely devastated, this was a moment I’ve been planning since before he was even born. I can’t bring him into this, this is not how he should have to remember his first few months supporting a club that will become a part of him for the rest of his life. 

my worry is, if I don’t take him soon there might not be a club to take him to for much longer. 

This whole thing is devastating and you can feel how it’s affected the whole City.

Take him, took my son at5, now 34 a nd just started taking his 4 year old son. They are expecting a little girl and i hope we will have a club to take her to at 4.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

When my son was born I always said I’d take him to his first Derby game when he was 5 years old. I wanted him to experience the same buzz outside the ground before a game, the smell of the hot dogs and burger vans and the sharp intake of breath the first time he ever walked up the stairs and gazed upon the pitch. 

He just turned 5 and I’m absolutely devastated, this was a moment I’ve been planning since before he was even born. I can’t bring him into this, this is not how he should have to remember his first few months supporting a club that will become a part of him for the rest of his life. 

my worry is, if I don’t take him soon there might not be a club to take him to for much longer. 

This whole thing is devastating and you can feel how it’s affected the whole City.

I would definitely try and take him to Reading game. I know it’s an evening but… under floodlights with the fans I believe coming together like never before in recent years. It will be electric. There will be no half fans at that game. Both sets of supporters will be United too. Not one to miss IMO 

Why do people think Gellaw 202 haven't paid for the stadium? 

If they hadn't paid, then the club would be due a lot of money which would clear all the debts.

If they have paid, then did Gellaw 202 take a loan out from MSD to pay into Gellaw 202 to buy the stadium?

It's all rather confusing.

p.s I'm trying to remember if Mel's company was called Gellaw 202 - its completely form memory!

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I was thinking in financial terms the other EFL teams wouldn't have to think twice about electing us - as for a very high percentage of them, we're one of their most lucrative away days (and would also bring in a fair few choice "selected for TV matches" their way )

But yeah - ultimately who knows!

Darlington is an interesting one as they failed to agree a CVA and were liquidated in 2012. Not sure what rule this refers to exactly but

"A new club was immediately formed and moved to Blackwell Meadows stadium but the FA ruled that, as a new club, it must have a different playing name from the expelled club. The name chosen was Darlington 1883, and that club was placed in the Northern League Division One, the ninth tier of English football,"

They were already in the Conference though, so they moved to the bottom tier of Non-league

Rangers wiki page also says something interesting about CVA

"Charles Green agreed a deal with the administrators of The Rangers Football Club plc to purchase the company for £8.5 million if a proposed CVA was agreed or to purchase its business and assets for a £5.5million if the proposed CVA were to be rejected."

What this suggests is that if the club is cheaper to buy when in administration with a CVA - it will be even cheaper if the CVA can't be agreed. It's going to get interesting, if the club can be bought for several million pounds less but in L2 rather than L1, there may be potential investors who see that as a better option ?

wasnt that what Mel was saying, that he expects a buyer to come forward as they know they will get it cheaper in administration? I think (hope maybe) that we will get a new owner by January. My concern is any additional points that we are deducted.  If we can keep it to 16 (12 + 4 for being £4m over) we might have a chance. Any more than that and we are stuffed. Remember Reading will be joing us very soon at the bottom and it wouldnt suprise me if a couple more come our way.

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

I would definitely try and take him to Reading game. I know it’s an evening but… under floodlights with the fans I believe coming together like never before in recent years. It will be electric. There will be no half fans at that game. Both sets of supporters will be United too. Not one to miss IMO 

Sad to say your are correct. Having been a season ticket holder for many years, I would certainly go - but for Covid. My preconditions mean I could be extinguished before DCFC were I to catch Covid at Pride Park.

Perhaps I am not alone in staying at home for this reason.

8 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Sad to say your are correct. Having been a season ticket holder for many years, I would certainly go - but for Covid. My preconditions mean I could be extinguished before DCFC were I to catch Covid at Pride Park.

Perhaps I am not alone in staying at home for this reason.

A half fan in name only my friend

24 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Bit of info on Andrew Hosking @Quantuma:

"Andrew is an avid follower of Liverpool FC, and enjoys the theatre, opera and the arts."

So he's a footy fan. Always loved Liverpool ?

Let's hope he has empathy with the club and the fans.

He also looks to be easily contactable if you want a chat:

T: 020 3856 6723

M: 07771 533 268

E: andrew.hosking@quantuma.com

image.png.92ac8abe5dc5f636bd0e0ccc26bc0571.png

Jolly looking chap, thank goodness we didn’t kop a right misery guts, the situation is dire enough without a Mr Lostatenner - Foundapound directing operations at PP.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Take him mate. I remember my grandad taking me to my first game at the BBG around 50 years ago. Didn’t have a clue about all the Cloughie\Longston stuff going off in the background was just immediately hooked and have been ever since. COYR. 

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think Maguire is completely wrong if he is referring to rule change (mentioned by others) that merely makes HMRC a preferential creditor therefore moving them up the pecking order of creditors in the event of liquidation. If the club did go into liquidation then HMRC would only receive 100% if there are sufficient assets to satisfy creditors down to their level. That's how I understand it anyway.

I thought the government changed it as they didn't understand or could see reason why footballing creditors should come before HM departments where money is owing as that doesn't apply to any other type of business

2 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Take him mate. I remember my grandad taking me to my first game at the BBG around 50 years ago. Didn’t have a clue about all the Cloughie\Longston stuff going off in the background was just immediately hooked and have been ever since. COYR. 

Erm...like the sentiment but do you mean the season we were Champions of England?