Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

Just now, cosmic said:

I've seen a couple of posts along the lines of "oh God, not him" in reference to Andrew Andronikou being appointed. Can someone explain to me what the issue with this guy is?

Wasn't he the guy that sold Wimbledon as franchise?

There's a danger that the club could end up as Wembley Rams, Pride Park Stadium as a BMW showroom and Moor Farm as a leisure centre.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be honest I had assumed you the same (laziness on my part).

If you look further down, in the notes to the accounts, the creditor is 'amounts owed to group undertakings'.

I read that as Gellaw Newco bought the ground but haven’t paid the money yet and owes the football club £73m this year?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

You feel part of something that began almost 140 years ago and feel emotions for events and people that lived and played before you were born etc. 

Less of that please, I was born in the centenary year, so going forward, say 137 tyvm

Not ready to think about that 4 number ?

I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about this.

Didn't you hear the bit of his interview where our Mel insisted administration was a "great opportunity" for us?

He also said "this isn't the end for Derby County" in a way that suggested we should be grateful for his reassuring words of wisdom with regards our club actually continuing to exist beyond this season.

It's all part of the masterplan.

The Derby way.

Thanks Mel, for a minute there I was worried.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Only 15 points off the play offs and 9 off safety. Wazza can do it. COYR

C7139BE4-BD3A-4DA6-91C5-77F4AED62BE0.jpeg

When you look at it like that, with 38 games still to play that's not impossible to overturn. We need to effectively make up 9 points. 

The thing that will likely kill us off though is a combination of further sanctions and asset stripping.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

When you look at it like that, with 38 games still to play that's not impossible to overturn. We need to effectively make up 9 points. 

The thing that will likely kill us off though is a combination of further sanctions and asset stripping.

I'm trying to be positive and think that we could put enough points on the board by the new year any major changes in personnel won't lead to a massive tail off.  But in reality we're likely screwed from this point on...

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

We have another point deduction incoming. If we go on the basis of -21 or depending if we can't pay wages -24 then we would be closer to the true figure. 

I wish Mel Morris nothing but absolute misery until the end of his days. I hope he stubs his toe every step he takes and every wasp that descends on our shores stings his baw bag.  

Edited by GboroRam
Edited for politeness.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

Just noticed (if not already mentioned) it's "Admin Andy" of previous Pompey fame (Andrew Andronikou), so at least they have some experience.

Isn’t this the guy who did their first administration and then was rejected by HMRC for the second?

Conflict of interest due to the first administration was the reason.

Just now, ramsbottom said:

I'm trying to be positive and think that we could put enough points on the board by the new year any major changes in personnel won't lead to a massive tail off.  But in reality we're likely screwed from this point on...

Oh if we hit January and are still in adminstration we are dead in the water, not only as a championship club but it becomes increasingly likely we are going to get liquidated at that point.

But (and it's a big but) if we get taken over before that point, the debt gets wiped and the EFL drop the charges with a new board in charge (unlikely I know) I think it's plausible.