Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I had always believed that the MSD loans were taken out in the company that owned the ground.

Having just looked on Companies House I can see that this is not the case.

Also looks like the ground has not been paid for, surely this will be the first port of call for the administrators.

I’m finding all this information (or lack of!) absolutely baffling. How do you know which company took out the loan? Reading the Gellaw Newco 202 accounts I assumed that the £7m falling due to “other” creditors in then next year was the repayments on the loan. 

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Derby County compete in the Sky Bet Championship, the second tier of English football. 

The 137-year-old club, currently managed by former England captain Wayne Rooney, was one of 12 founder members of the Football League in 1888, and last played in the top-flight in 2008. 

The two-time champions of England play their home games at Pride Park Stadium having moved from its original home of the Baseball Ground in 1997.

Did they do that bit of padding out for half fans like me? Every day is a school day.

Well that's a good start - couldn't even  get the press release factually correct. I'm pretty sure that the Racecourse Ground was the club's original home.

8 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I’m finding all this information (or lack of!) absolutely baffling. How do you know which company took out the loan? Reading the Gellaw Newco 202 accounts I assumed that the £7m falling due to “other” creditors in then next year was the repayments on the loan. 

To be honest I had assumed you the same (laziness on my part).

If you look further down, in the notes to the accounts, the creditor is 'amounts owed to group undertakings'.

14 minutes ago, alram said:

Has anyone else just felt physically sick this past week, it is really affecting my mental health.

Thank you for making us all look like complete idiots mel.

Any Rams follower who lived through Cloughie and Taylor leaving in 1973 is certain of two things:-

1) Thiings are never as dark as they seem and

2) DCFC have an amazing resilience and capacity to bounce back.

NB. A follower supports the team in fair and foul weather. It means more than being a mere fan!

COYR…. Only -2 points with 38 games to go!

Edited by Brammie Steve

We will be on minus 2 points currently and Reading (if they get a 9 point deduction) would be on plus 1 . Next week when we beat them we will be on the same number of points, or 3 points more if hopefully we win at Sheff Utd.on Saturday. What with Curtis Davies saying today the players, manager and supporters are not ready to give up on the fight, i feel we have a chance of staying up. It really then depends on whether the EFL give us the 9 points deduction as well straightaway. Looking at the Championship table with Minus 11 points against your name is so daunting and soul destroying for anyone,except MM, associated with this club. The key thing is whether we stear clear from injuries, at least until January, when we will have Bielick and Kazim back. Hopefully we have a new owner by then and can purchase some 'loan' players etc.. Ahhhh! Ever the optomist! UTR

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's the loss of the history associated with Derby County that would do it for me. Even hating 99.99% of football there's still that bond to Derby that pulls at you. Even if you haven't watched any match in a year, you still look up to see how Derby are. 

"It's in your DNA"

It actually is. 

You can't name exactly what it is but an important part is how it runs through families and ties generations together. How the past inspires the future. 

You feel part of something that began almost 140 years ago and feel emotions for events and people that lived and played before you were born etc. 

Being born again..  I think for some it would feel kind of hollow. Like, it is Derby County, but it isn't. 

Anybody who's tired of football will lose their interest entirely I think if Derby County as we know it die

I know what you mean. My lad goes to High School up here on the edge of Gtr Manchester and is surrounded by Man United and City fans debating the merits of signing Ronaldo. We've obviously talked about where things are up to right now with DCFC and he still went out in his Derby zip-up top yesterday and since he's been with me to both home and away games in the last few years and he's had a great time but this season for the first time it's just getting subtly more difficult to engage him about DCFC. In truth it started during the pandemic height when we only had TV to rely on and not a packed noisy stadium but in recent times a steady procession of better players (and his favourites) leaving and then this seasons debacle and he now invariably has other plans on match days.

Now we've fallen so far already and obviously he's of High School Age surrounded by his peers up here and I know this is the joy of being a Derby supporting family on the edge of Manchester, but Is he going to want to go to watch a scratch team play on a Derby park or at Notts County ? I doubt it ?.

Thing is for me too, I'm just not convinced that it would feel like the team I grew up supporting. I desperately want our club to survive in its current form or I fear that it will feel like a lot of the magic has gone. This club has been a big part of my life since I was dragged to my first game as a young lad. How did it come to this... ?

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Rooney meets the administrators today.

Not sure if anything good can come from that.

Assuming they ask him, what players if any can be sold.

Given the team is already almost to thin on the ground to function, and that Mel would have weighed up is there anyone left I can sell and didn't sell anyone else.

The team has zero chance of surviving relegation if they sell anyone else and if they sell with the wages they are allowed to pay who could they get on loan, assuming loan players can still be signed.

If Rooney leaves the club, who would manage the team. If a new manager were brought in at this time, then that means the club is relegated, no new manager I can think of could do what Rooney has been doing with the current team.

I also think losing Rooney would hugely demoralise the team.

If the administrators say they are planning to sell Knight, sibley, buchanan, bird.

Then I think the club has zero chance of avoiding liquidation.

What price can the club be sold for, without the auditors closing the club.

They can refuse to be sold 

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So, G Star... What might this mean in cash terms for the club? 

Goodness only knows.

In  both their 2019 and 2020 accounts the amounts owed to group companies in Gellaw 202 match exactly the amounts owed by group companies in Gellaw 204.

How that relates to DCFC I am struggling to see without that company's accounts.

Going to give up now before I become as obsessed with DCFC accounts as Mr Pop!

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit

3 hours ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

As a taxpayer I think it’s piss-poor of HMRC to allow one football club to run up £26m of unpaid tax on its own. 

They’ve consistently been taken for a ride by football clubs over the years and ought to recognise the signs by now. 

We don’t know how many football clubs have huge debts 

20 minutes ago, alram said:

Has anyone else just felt physically sick this past week, it is really affecting my mental health.

Thank you for making us all look like complete idiots mel.

I've felt a really deep-seated sense of sadness which came on last Friday and I can't put it down to anything else other than the administration announcement. I've supported this club for nearly half a decade and invested so much in the club both financially and emotionally so it's difficult not to feel sad at all of this unfold.