Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

53 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I think you’ll find that Chad Littleover and Alvaston are inside the Derby City Boundary.

Furthermore it’s Derby County not Derby City which gives the Rams a large catchment area within the County. We have also traditionally drawn well from North West Leicestershire and East Staffordshire.

I was replying to the post about which was the bigger city not about either clubs catchment area.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And over 50k of Newcastle's population is uni students.

... and no other league clubs north of the Tyne, other than Berwick, until you reach Edinburgh. 

Derby also has a far higher population of migrants, both UK-born and non-UK, who have no automatic allegiance to DCFC. 

NUFC is undoubtedly a core part of Geordie identity, which makes the natives naturally supportive, but they also benefit from relative isolation other than by proximity to Sunderland. 

11 hours ago, GenBr said:

Dunno why the Geordies always hated him. Just seems like they had delusions of grandeur.

Maybe that they saw him as a Cockney wide boy who wouldn't play their game, Still don't get why the Bar Codes think they're summat special, Good town for going on the lash, The Likely Lads, When the boat Comes In, Aufwiedersein Pet, Geordie Shore, Not forgetting those 2 talellntless geordies who present some game show or summat.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats the point isnt it

we are Derby County…. We literally have a whole county to ourselves hence when the times are good 40k plus don their scarves and rock up at wembley 

Not quite , parts to the east are infected by Notts and to the North by Chesterfield and even Sheffield. Plus where due to geography or not a fair number of Mancs and plastic Scousers. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not quite , parts to the east are infected by Notts and to the North by Chesterfield and even Sheffield. Plus where due to geography or not a fair number of Mancs and plastic Scousers. 

Yep, football support gets progressively more mixed once you get north of Matlock. I know quite a few DCCC supporters from up County who don't support DCFC. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I have a couple of exiled mates who live in Sheffield through work, Derby lads through and through and ST holders so are their kids, Notts will have the same issue as us, DCFC fans who live in the west of that county, Go to Chapel-en-le Frith and Glossop and you're right...Mancs and Scousers but born in Derbyshire...But Wembley in 75 it was full of Derbyshire Folk ?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I have a couple of exiled mates who live in Sheffield through work, Derby lads through and through and ST holders so are their kids, Notts will have the same issue as us, DCFC fans who live in the west of that county, Go to Chapel-en-le Frith and Glossop and you're right...Mancs and Scousers but born in Derbyshire...But Wembley in 75 it was full of Derbyshire Folk ?

And at least two from Notts?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats the point isnt it

we are Derby County…. We literally have a whole county to ourselves hence when the times are good 40k plus don their scarves and rock up at wembley 

....and yet barely half of that 40k can't find enough reason to turn up when the Club desperately needs their support more than ever before. I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k of those at Wembley haven't stepped foot in Pride Park since so in my opinion they don't count.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

....and yet barely half of that 40k can't find enough reason to turn up when the Club desperately needs their support more than ever before. I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k of those at Wembley haven't stepped foot in Pride Park since so in my opinion they don't count.

Maybe work commitments? Or the fact it's a huge financial outlay if they don't live in Derby(tickets,fuel,food,lodging overnight etc .) so can't do it that often. 

Maybe they buy merch online instead? So yeah...they definitely count fella

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Are you aware that Chad, Littleover, & Alvaston are included in the Derby city  population figures? They’re all within the city boundary…..

Yeah his examples should of been more like Ilkeston, borrowash, Hilton even maybe Burton - areas where there is still a lot of Derby fans. But like he said none of those areas are as big as Gateshead etc. 

Edited by Ramos

26 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Since I’ve supported Derby (roughly 22 years) - the club has always been marketed as a football club for Derby in my eyes, not derbyshire. I think the fact the club is based in Derby and Derby is in south derbyshire doesn’t help encourage derbyshire folk north of the county to support the rams. Having said that, once we are out of this mess, maybe a new owner should really be looking at marketing us as Derby ‘county’ to build / maintain support for the club around the county rather than just in the city. Morris talked about this kinda stuff back in 2015 at those fan events, I remember him basically implying if he could get Derby into the prem he felt the club had a real op to build on the fan base around derbyshire, Staffordshire and even into Notts a little - if we could sustain a prem place. I think the only east mids club that has built support since then, and obviously down to success, is Leicester. 

I've signed-up to this Chat to add my two-pennys worth on My Cashley.

So I'm a Barcode and proud and have been since my first game in 1971 - a drab 0-0 at home to Man City, pretty much a portent of the next half century to come. I loved seeing SuperMac and Tudor and the likes. Signing Shearer was amazing, as was coming with one game (March 4, 1996) of winning the Premiership. What Keegan showed Newcastle fans was what was possible. Just like Cloughie showed Derby and Forest fans what was possible. So it's inevitable that you hark back to those days and wish they would return. And then you get accused of having unrealistic expectations and you realise you just should have kept your mouth shut 'cos you can't win that 'argument'. Newcastle fans do not feel 'entitled' - any more than Derby or Forest fans feel 'entitled' - they just have memories of past glory days and wish they could come back. The hysteria on Barrack Road on Thursday evening was a combination of profound relief at getting rid of Cashley and also the return of hope that we might enjoy the glory days of The Entertainers back (even if no trophies came our way again like the last time - it was still fantastic to be a part of).

Anyway, to Cashley. Derby right now is a good fit for him. It's 'local' (to SDHQ) so that makes sense investing in the community, and he absolutely will run the club's finances tightly and profitably. Initially and for a few years you might feel relieved, but as the years go by you'll start to notice that there's no real investment going into the club so everything starts to deteriorate - the ground, the training faciltiies, the academy, and very soon the football. If you are in the Premiership (where you should be), you'll have season after season of worrying every day about relegation so never actually enjoying the football and - if he installs a Steve Bruce as manager one day - you'll have to watch lifeless, unattacking football at its very worst. So no expectations of any kind whilst your club falls apart from the paint downwards.

I've been in Derbyshire for just over a decade now. Pride Park is an outstanding ground and the club deserves to be in the Premiership. Cashley can secure your Championship place and the long-term future of the club, but sadly that level of security potentially comes with a massive price in the case of Cashley. Ironically, we might suffer the same consequences at St. James' but that's a wholly different debate, I suspect.

4 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Since I’ve supported Derby (roughly 22 years) - the club has always been marketed as a football club for Derby in my eyes, not derbyshire. I think the fact the club is based in Derby and Derby is in south derbyshire doesn’t help encourage derbyshire folk north of the county to support the rams. Having said that, once we are out of this mess, maybe a new owner should really be looking at marketing us as Derby ‘county’ to build / maintain support for the club around the county rather than just in the city. Morris talked about this kinda stuff back in 2015 at those fan events, I remember him basically implying if he could get Derby into the prem he felt the club had a real op to build on the fan base around derbyshire, Staffordshire and even into Notts a little - if we could sustain a prem place. I think the only east mids club that has built support since then, and obviously down to success, is Leicester. 

I blame them Romans for coming over here and taking our jobs and Women then naming our town "Derventio", Celtic tribes picking off eachother to claim a bit of land, The Vikings for 'Danelaw' and Town Councillors for agreeing with others to take parts of other Counties.

Life just aint fare Heidi Gardner Please GIF by Saturday Night Live