Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I would not blame Rooney for walking way from Derby given our current situation.

I wonder who would be brave enough to become derbys new manager if that happened.

Here's the scenarios ...

1. New manager arrives, then new owners arrive so likely to be removed from job as they want their choice of manager, not great on that managers resume

2. New manager comes in but efl want reduced wage bill at Derby so offered less than any other manager in the championship to take the role, already a struggle with club in current position to attract a new manager so who could Derby get

3. Rooney leaves and the players stop performing because know one is there to motivate them

4. Any loss of form is a loss of points, Derby are relegated

5. Rooney could be interested in leaving Derby for a Premier league club with stability and a decent size budget, Rooney might have been told already that there's zero transfer fund in January for Derby.

If Derby are relegated then in my opinion they stop being of interest to any perspective New owners given their debts and the club goes out of business.

I bet you’d be a ball at parties !!

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Newcastle and big Saudi money and the Premier League lure come together and make an approach for Wayne, of  course he'll go and he'd be mad not to. Huge opportunity for anyone who believes in their own ability.

He could say it's good for Derby and he's helping us, given then much-needed compensation we would receive. 

As has been said, it would be a tribute to how well he's done in near impossible circumstances this season. It would also be a hammer blow to us. At the start of the campaign I did not want him in the job, but he's surprised me and played the hand he's been dealt incredibly well. But he will also know there's a limit to how long you can get away with it when you have such poor cards.

Maybe.

I think that he will also be keeping an eye on Old Trafford. I don’t think Solskjær is at risk of the sack right now, but if he delivers nothing this season and Rooney does well with us I could see Man Utd come knocking.

Rooney would definitely leave us then. If he goes to Newcastle and messes it up, the United job won’t be there for a while.

If you're a Newcastle fan at this point, considering the fact they've just been taken over by the richest backers in world football, this really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I really like how Rooney has conducted himself this season and how he has everyone pulling in the same direction, but if I'm the owner of Newcastle then Rooney doesn't even make my top 50 list - possibly top 100. I'd imagine their fans would sooner give Shearer another go than have Rooney become their manager. 

Edited by Ambitious

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Newcastle and big Saudi money and the Premier League lure come together and make an approach for Wayne, of  course he'll go and he'd be mad not to. Huge opportunity for anyone who believes in their own ability.

He could say it's good for Derby and he's helping us, given then much-needed compensation we would receive. 

As has been said, it would be a tribute to how well he's done in near impossible circumstances this season. It would also be a hammer blow to us. At the start of the campaign I did not want him in the job, but he's surprised me and played the hand he's been dealt incredibly well. But he will also know there's a limit to how long you can get away with it when you have such poor cards.

He can’t fail here though - I think Newcastle will go for Gerrard when they sack Bruce amicably ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He can’t fail here though - I think Newcastle will go for Gerrard when they sack Bruce amicably ?

Yes but he expects to succeed and would back himself to do that. Same with Lampard when he left even though it was obvious to the world Chelsea would sack him once they left their transfer embargo.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

I would not blame Rooney for walking way from Derby given our current situation.

I wonder who would be brave enough to become derbys new manager if that happened.

Here's the scenarios ...

1. New manager arrives, then new owners arrive so likely to be removed from job as they want their choice of manager, not great on that managers resume

2. New manager comes in but efl want reduced wage bill at Derby so offered less than any other manager in the championship to take the role, already a struggle with club in current position to attract a new manager so who could Derby get

3. Rooney leaves and the players stop performing because know one is there to motivate them

4. Any loss of form is a loss of points, Derby are relegated

5. Rooney could be interested in leaving Derby for a Premier league club with stability and a decent size budget, Rooney might have been told already that there's zero transfer fund in January for Derby.

If Derby are relegated then in my opinion they stop being of interest to any perspective New owners given their debts and the club goes out of business.

...Curtis Davies & Jagielka take over & keep the momentum going. Let's not get too down-spirited. ?

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If you're a Newcastle fan at this point, considering the fact they've just been taken over by the richest backers in world football, this really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I really like how Rooney has conducted himself this season and how he has everyone pulling in the same direction, but if I'm the owner of Newcastle then Rooney doesn't even make my top 50 list - possibly top 100. I'd imagine their fans would sooner give Shearer another go than have Rooney become their manager. 

Wazza has done well this season but the facts are we have won 3/11 after 1 win in 16 was it last season. Let’s keep things in perspective ?

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

I want to get behind Wayne, I really do. But he’s such a scruff bag! I mean at yesterday’s press conference he was in a baseball cap and still unshaven.

Come on Wayne, get a suit out for once!!

Maybe he’s deferred his wages?