Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Newcastle offer him the job then he'll go. He has boundless self belief and won't expect to fail. If he gets the opportunity to manage a club with the resources to build a Premier League winning team, he will obviously take it.

I do think it's very unlikely that he'll get offered it though. They will most likely go for someone with a more impressive management CV. The only worry is they might be impressed by his name and take the risk anyway.

On 18/10/2021 at 21:29, SouthernRam said:

Not sure if it deserves it’s own thread as it’s probably clickbait pot-stirring, but Rooney is being linked to the Newcastle job.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-exclusives-exclusive-wayne-rooney-on-shortlist-for-newcastle-united-job-20211018

Unproven though he is it would be a major blow if he were to go just now. It might even put the admins sale plans in jeopardy. Other clubs will have seen the Rooney brand bewitching Sky, and the value of Bet32’s deal with us,  and he’s done most of the right things since Mel pulled the plug. So it’s not impossible that he will get an offer. Jeez I hope not 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

My mum read rooony has said even if offered it he would say no to it he had started a  job here and wants to finished what he has started here.

That’s impressive. I think his relationship with the likes of Jags and Morrison is a major part of our success this season and it’s reassuring to hear him say this. Also I think he’d be wise to avoid the mistake Lampard made 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm fascinated by the number of times Rooney picks at his right nostril during post match interviews. 

Might do the same during pre match interviews as well but haven't given them as much attention.

Not get out much? 

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm fascinated by the number of times Rooney picks at his right nostril during post match interviews. 

Might do the same during pre match interviews as well but haven't given them as much attention.

Yeah, should be bloody picking the left nostril. Another selection rooster-up!

19 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

19 years ago yesterday...

Some young whippersnapper put an end to Arsenal's 30 match unbeaten run.

Whatever happened to him, I wonder?

God I hate it when commentators say: "REMEMBER THE NAME! A new star is born!"

If he's that good I won't need to remember his name, will I? It will be everywhere.

It really should be more like: "Con Blatsis! Remember the name, because he's not very good and if you don't make a real effort to remember him now, you'll probably forget about him very quickly."

Edited by vonwright

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

God I hate it when commentators say: "REMEMBER THE NAME! A new star is born!"

If he's that good I won't need to remember his name, will I? It will be everywhere.

It really should be more like: "Con Blatsis! Remember the name, because he's not very good and if you don't make a real effort to remember him now, you'll probably forget about him very quickly."

Only player we've ever signed who sounds like a disease.

And played like one.