Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Given the timing of the last conversation between Mel & Rooney, I wonder if they had a big bust up after the whole "restore pride & dignity" followed by the hotel room photos thing. That's bound to strain the relationship.

Not defending him at all but from talksport Mel was on oxygen with covid for 8 days from that date and did not recover until the start of September. Does not excuse Mel at all but brings a bit of the other side into play. He should have communicated with either the CEO or manager as it happened. His covid does not change that

On 24/09/2021 at 17:08, Wolfie said:

Given the timing of the last conversation between Mel & Rooney, I wonder if they had a big bust up after the whole "restore pride & dignity" followed by the hotel room photos thing. That's bound to strain the relationship.

As well as the points you mention we have no idea what assurances Rooney might have been given by MM or Pearce about the transfer window and that might have been passed on to players - it’s clear Rooney thought until very late that the embargo would be lifted in time.  I suspect Rooney lost face with a number of people. MM would say of course that the EFl were to blame for that.

Nor do we know what else has been said and done. There is now a PR battle raging, with Maclaren, Rooney and MM (his RD interview and the Daily Mail piece) all battling it out. MM is losing because Rooney has the brand,  and the administrators and 32 have declared their support. All needs to be taken with a healthy dose of cynicism. When it comes to Rooney and MM neither of them is blameless in all this. 

What we do not want is them slagging each other off in public

Edited by kevinhectoring

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

As well as the points you mention we have no idea what assurances Rooney might have been given by MM or Pearce about the transfer window and that might have been passed on to players - it’s clear Rooney thought until very late that the embargo would be lifted in time.  I suspect Rooney lost face with a number of people. MM would say of course that the EFl were to blame for that.

Nor do we know what else has been said and done. There is now a PR battle raging, with Maclaren, Rooney and MM (his RD interview and the Daily Mail piece) all battling it out. MM is losing because Rooney has the brand,  and the administrators and 32 have declared their support. All needs to be taken with a healthy dose of cynicism. When it comes to Rooney and MM neither of them is blameless in all this. 

What we do not want is them slagging each other off in public

Why is Rooney to blame for any of the mess we are in....??? There is only one person to blame and it certainly is not him.

From what I am seeing (and im not alone in this view) Wayne is coming out of all this with his head held high and the respect of the fans, the general public and the players.

Viva Wazza, the leader of the revolution.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Why is Rooney to blame for any of the mess we are in....??? There is only one person to blame and it certainly is not him.

From what I am seeing (and im not alone in this view) Wayne is coming out of all this with his head held high and the respect of the fans, the general public and the players.

Viva Wazza, the leader of the revolution.

100% @MuespachRam ??????????

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

My post was about the break down in comms between Rooney and MM, not about who is responsible for the mess we are in. 
I agree MM is largely responsible for us going into administration. He came close to being  largely responsible for us being promoted.   He’s been unlucky as well as foolish and even so with a level playing field he’d most likely have taken us up   Etc etc

Edited by kevinhectoring

25 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

100% @MuespachRam ??????????

@DarkFruitsRam7 are we running out of fan club applications..? Maybe we should set up some merchandise abs start profiting of this new found love fest.? 
thanks @Ted McMinn Football Genius 

viva Wazza..!

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

My post was about the break down in comms between Rooney and MM, not about who is responsible for the mess we are in. 
I agree MM is largely responsible for us going into administration. He came close to being  largely responsible for us being promoted.   He’s been unlucky as well as foolish and even so with a level playing field he’d most likely have taken us up   Etc etc

That is even worse then, you may think (weirdly) that Mad Mel isn’t 100% to blame for this shitstorm we are in (he is 100% to blame by the way) but to say that he isn’t 100% to blame for the break down in communication between him and Rooney is just crazy. That was all Mels fault. 
with a level playing field he would have taken us up…..? Can you actually hear yourself, he sounded/wasted hundreds of millions and didn’t get us up 

anyway Mel, thanks for coming on here and also thanks for taking the club we all love to the brink of destruction. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not really. If he was playing for Derby I’d agree but Man Utd. No thanks ?

I was thinking about what our young strikers can learn from him regarding positioning and movement. 

There is such a circus around him I had forgotten what an exciting young striker he was. 

Tbh, I don't watch much Premier League football and hardly any Champions League, so may never have seen these clips before! 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Isn't this brilliant? Worth watching again and again. 

Watching this at the time it was the continuation of the Rooney fairytale, after moments such as his Everton debut and extraordinary goal to  defeat the undefeated Arsenal invincibles. This was the night I decided it was inconceivable England wouldn't win the next World Cup with Rooney the star, but sadly he broke his metatarsal in the run up to the 2006 tournament and was never the same again. This match might have been when he peaked as a footballer. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I was thinking about what our young strikers can learn from him regarding positioning and movement. 

There is such a circus around him I had forgotten what an exciting young striker he was. 

Tbh, I don't watch much Premier League football and hardly any Champions League, so may never have seen these clips before! 

If he could pass on 10% of the skills he had to our team we might survive even a 21 point robbery!

I’ve been critical of Rooney in the past on here so in the interest of balance I have to say he’s winning me over.  10 games in and you can see a style and pattern of play taking shape.  He’s trying to get us to play decent football, build from the back but with pace on the counter attack.

The last couple of weeks have also shown how tough his job has really been and highlighted some of the difficulties and problems he’s had that we haven’t always seen.  To find out about administration on TV must be tough but he’s handled himself well.  I also admire his honesty such as saying if he knew how bad it really was he wouldn’t have taken the job but following it with what sort of person would I be if I walked away.  It would be so easy to trot out the usual lines of it’s a big club, honoured to be here, etc.

He’s clearly building a great team spirit too.  The players clearly want to work for him.  We’re in for some tough weeks and months ahead but I’m starting to think he can bring us out of this in better shape.  Whatever happens this season, he deserves a chance to manage us in “normal” circumstances.

13 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’ve been critical of Rooney in the past on here so in the interest of balance I have to say he’s winning me over.  10 games in and you can see a style and pattern of play taking shape.  He’s trying to get us to play decent football, build from the back but with pace on the counter attack.

The last couple of weeks have also shown how tough his job has really been and highlighted some of the difficulties and problems he’s had that we haven’t always seen.  To find out about administration on TV must be tough but he’s handled himself well.  I also admire his honesty such as saying if he knew how bad it really was he wouldn’t have taken the job but following it with what sort of person would I be if I walked away.  It would be so easy to trot out the usual lines of it’s a big club, honoured to be here, etc.

He’s clearly building a great team spirit too.  The players clearly want to work for him.  We’re in for some tough weeks and months ahead but I’m starting to think he can bring us out of this in better shape.  Whatever happens this season, he deserves a chance to manage us in “normal” circumstances.

What FBM said. Well done, Wayne.

On 27/07/2021 at 08:46, BuckoBeast said:

I’m not just on about the fact he put Knight out for 12 weeks. He a horrible cheating family man. He’s a terrible manager. He shouldn’t be out getting that smashed as the boss of DCFC during such a horrendous time. You are sticking up for him, he hasn’t brought anything but negative things to this football club. It was only luck that kept us up and if we had any money I’m sure he would be gone. Viva la wazza will take us down baby ?

And it’s all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there…… 

viva la Wazza… 

you are welcome. 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And it’s all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there…… 

viva la Wazza… 

you are welcome. 

Most fans have been silenced to be fair and I’m glad to be proved wrong by him. As all I want is for my team to do well. Not for some half fan who says things like go crying to your mum and can’t take the comment back. By all means hold the grudge for however long, really sad that you brought it all back up