Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Not sure what Stretton has done wrong he certainly offers more than Baldock.

I’d disagree. 
Stretton is neither a Baldock or Richard’s and is one of those inbetween type strikers who needs to be prolific at his job. 
He doesn’t offer the ball threat over the top or closing down that Baldock does because he has no pace. 
He doesn’t offer the hold up or nod on threat that Colin does because he gets knocked off the ball really easily and has a poor first touch. 

Sadly in his inbetween role he plays he’s not even slightly prolific and relatively ineffective for our front line. 

Not that the front 4 who started today were any better, but I’d say Baldock is the better forward out of the two. 

16 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Look at Forest. Total pump til a new manager comes in. All of a sudden the same team are a different team. 

This phenomenon happens quite a lot.

There were boos a half time, patience is on the wane. People are starting to remove the rose tinted specs to look at the stats and to be perfectly honest they are pretty bad.

We need a win.

"People" need a smack in the face from harsh reality. We're not in the position to make sweeping changes, and in January we could have fewer options if we're forced into a fire sale. Some of the criticism, after the first truly poor performance  since Peterborough, is well OTT. 

And as for the idea that we can consider changing managers at this moment in time ?

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on. One is an experienced striker signed for peanuts because he's going through a poor spell. The other is an inexperienced young striker who needs more leeway than we can give him in our situation.

Baldock may be an experienced striker going through a poor spell but, are we any better placed to carry him than an inexperienced youngster? 
Other than one game (forget which it was now when he did a decent job of harassing the defenders) I don’t really remember Baldock contributing a great deal this season. 

On 30/10/2021 at 20:08, England Ram said:

Stretton is neither a Baldock or Richard’s and is one of those inbetween type strikers who needs to be prolific at his job. 
He doesn’t offer the ball threat over the top or closing down that Baldock does because he has no pace. 
He doesn’t offer the hold up or nod on threat that Colin does because he gets knocked off the ball really easily and has a poor first touch. 

That's funny, I've seen quite a lot of a lad called Jack Stretton in the u23s, and he is both pretty quick and has a decent first touch.   He is certainly up to mixing it with the opposition defenders physically.  Perhaps we've got two of them at the club.........

39 minutes ago, Long Time Lurker said:

That's funny, I've seen quite a lot of a lad called Jack Stretton in the u23s, and he is both pretty quick and has a decent first touch.   He is certainly up to mixing it with the opposition defenders physically.  Perhaps we've got two of them at the club.........

Perhaps there's a reason why Rooney is letting Stretton play back with the U23s. I see he scored on Saturday.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/10/stretton-on-target-as-under-23s-fall-to-defeat-at-liverpool

Pele won his first World Cup aged 17, if Stretton is going to be good enough at Championship level he needs to start in a few matches and play to his strengths for we do need goals, would play Sibley alongside him as they played in the under 23s together. The other ex under 23s are performing well by having a good run in the side, having said all this Wayne knows far more than me!

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Pele won his first World Cup aged 17, if Stretton is going to be good enough at Championship level he needs to start in a few matches and play to his strengths for we do need goals, would play Sibley alongside him as they played in the under 23s together. The other ex under 23s are performing well by having a good run in the side, having said all this Wayne knows far more than me!

Have you actually just compared one of our players to a young Pele? And found him lacking in comparison?

5 hours ago, SirBrian said:

that's an incredibly lightweight front 2, especially for the championship. Can't see that working.

On 30/10/2021 at 19:26, 24Charlie said:

Look at Forest. Total pump til a new manager comes in. All of a sudden the same team are a different team. 

This phenomenon happens quite a lot.

There were boos a half time, patience is on the wane. People are starting to remove the rose tinted specs to look at the stats and to be perfectly honest they are pretty bad.

i think that time has been and gone im afraid. The position we're in now means we are stuck with Wayne till the end. Weather thats staying up or getting relegated, there's no changing now.

On 30/10/2021 at 20:28, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on. One is an experienced striker signed for peanuts because he's going through a poor spell. The other is an inexperienced young striker who needs more leeway than we can give him in our situation.

I would much sooner give Stretton  game time from what I’ve seen of the two this season

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Have you actually just compared one of our players to a young Pele? And found him lacking in comparison?

Two white Pele's.
We've got the two white Pele's... 

or...

I saw my mate, the other day,
He said that he'd just seen two Pele's.
So I asked "Have you banged your brain?"
"No, they go by the names of Jack and Wayne".
Jack & Wayne... etc, etc... 

19 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I would much sooner give Stretton  game time from what I’ve seen of the two this season

Perhaps it's not fair on Stretton, we've seen what a struggle it can be for youngsters last season.

Baldock has the experience and will deal better with being berated if things don't go right. 

On 30/10/2021 at 20:08, England Ram said:

I’d disagree. 

Baldock has no pace either.