Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Or if he had somewhere better to go...

He's all we have though,so let's see how he goes.

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So what he's saying is if he were more experienced than he is at the moment then he would have legged it ages ago?

But he can't as he doesn't have any better offers until he does get that experience.

I think you are both being a bit disingenuous here. I read that, and align that with all the noises Rooney has made lately, trying to prove he is committed to this club. I take this as a sign of positive intent, albeit whether he has what it takes to be successful is another issue completely, I think what he's saying is he's here for the long haul and not going to snake away and distance himself from potential faiilure.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think you are both being a bit disingenuous here. I read that, and align that with all the noises Rooney has made lately, trying to prove he is committed to this club. I take this as a sign of positive intent, albeit whether he has what it takes to be successful is another issue completely, I think what he's saying is he's here for the long haul and not going to snake away and distance himself from potential faiilure.

There are two ways to look at it to be fair depending on which side of the fence you tend to view Rooney from....

One of which will eventually be borne out to be nearer the truth.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I took the bait 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Somebody like Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock, Chris Hughton etc. would have walked a long time ago as they could just sit around and wait for another job.

Wayne Rooney doesn’t have that luxury of being able to get a better job. He hasn’t earned his stripes yet.

The only stripes Rooney has got is a can of red stripes. 

23 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

From my perspective, Paul Merson doesn't know what he's talking about, ever. 

This is the fella who reminisced about Arsenal catastrophically losing to a Derby team who had been in the relegation zone all season during the 88-89 title win.  I believe we finished 5th and comfortably did the double over them that year . Numpty

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Say no more. #COYR

I honestly don't love this comment from him. He got total backing from the fans today no-one had a pop or a go and we all got right behind the lads for 90 minutes. It would have been nice for him to focus on that and not the absolute mess that we're all aware of going on behind the scenes. The comment kind of undermines him as well, is he saying as soon as we could get an experienced manager we'd fire him and the only reason he's in the job because no-one else will have him? 

Yes, I don't think he's the right man for the job and I don't think he should have been given it. But he's here and we've spent an entire match singing his praises and the players despite the problems. The club have earned a point, lets focus on that, build on it and see where the issues lay. Pointlessly focusing on outside media is part of the problem that can infest a club like ours and comments like that suggest he's distracted and thinking elsewhere. 

Wasn't Rooney's biggest fan, even a week or so ago. But to see the crap that he's been dealt with during pre season with no funds, inability to bring in transfers and an owner who doesn't want to be there, I'm starting to warm to him and what he's about. You can see his desire to succeed and I do think he is doing all he can to bring Derby out of the mire we're in.

He's assembling what could be a fairly competitive squad and managed to pull a team together today that produced a result without having played together. Huddersfield aren't the strongest side in the division but you have to play what's in front of you. 

He's got some games to win before he proves himself as manager but Im routing for him.

5 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Wasn't Rooney's biggest fan, even a week or so ago. But to see the crap that he's been dealt with during pre season with no funds, inability to bring in transfers and an owner who doesn't want to be there, I'm starting to warm to him and what he's about. You can see his desire to succeed and I do think he is doing all he can to bring Derby out of the mire we're in.

He's assembling what could be a fairly competitive squad and managed to pull a team together today that produced a result without having played together. Huddersfield aren't the strongest side in the division but you have to play what's in front of you. 

He's got some games to win before he proves himself as manager but Im routing for him.

Yeah i agree. Im no Rooney fan and he still needs to win me over with actually winning games but hes got a difficult job and I too am warming to him. Lets hope he pulls it off ?

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I honestly don't love this comment from him. He got total backing from the fans today no-one had a pop or a go and we all got right behind the lads for 90 minutes. It would have been nice for him to focus on that and not the absolute mess that we're all aware of going on behind the scenes. The comment kind of undermines him as well, is he saying as soon as we could get an experienced manager we'd fire him and the only reason he's in the job because no-one else will have him? 

Yes, I don't think he's the right man for the job and I don't think he should have been given it. But he's here and we've spent an entire match singing his praises and the players despite the problems. The club have earned a point, lets focus on that, build on it and see where the issues lay. Pointlessly focusing on outside media is part of the problem that can infest a club like ours and comments like that suggest he's distracted and thinking elsewhere. 

Spot on as usual ?