Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I honestly don't love this comment from him. He got total backing from the fans today no-one had a pop or a go and we all got right behind the lads for 90 minutes. It would have been nice for him to focus on that and not the absolute mess that we're all aware of going on behind the scenes. The comment kind of undermines him as well, is he saying as soon as we could get an experienced manager we'd fire him and the only reason he's in the job because no-one else will have him? 

Yes, I don't think he's the right man for the job and I don't think he should have been given it. But he's here and we've spent an entire match singing his praises and the players despite the problems. The club have earned a point, lets focus on that, build on it and see where the issues lay. Pointlessly focusing on outside media is part of the problem that can infest a club like ours and comments like that suggest he's distracted and thinking elsewhere. 

I love the comment from him, as I think he's stating not many experienced managers would stick around because they can pick up other jobs without the hassle, and the hard work that Wayne Rooney is doing and prepared to do now and beyond to be successful at this club.

I'd be more concerned about CDs comment regarding signing his contract with a grimace on his face! and CD was the first to indicate what he could say and couldn't say just before PC left the club. Maybe the players should respect the club in a more positive way, when the chips are down also, after they have been massively financially rewarded in the past. 

Are we not all in this together?

Up Wayne Rooney's Super Rams.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I love the comment from him, as I think he's stating not many experienced managers would stick around because they can pick up other jobs without the hassle, and the hard work that Wayne Rooney is doing and prepared to do now and beyond to be successful at this club.

I'd be more concerned about CDs comment regarding signing his contract and CD was the first to indicate what he could say and couldn't say just before PC left the club. Maybe the players should respect the club in a more positive way, when the chips are down also, after they have been massively financially rewarded in the past. 

Are we not all in this together?

Up Wayne Rooney's Super Rams.

Yes Rooney is working hard I am sure but I'm not going to really be praising him for it that's his job that he's extremely well compensated for. I don't think the comment helps and it feels like either he's justifying his position outwardly or he's outlining to us that he's doing us a favour because we're such a basket case. Neither of those propositions makes me particularly happy with his state of mind if I'm totally honest or the message it sends. 

I've not seen that interview will give it a watch in a bit ? I did see his one on Radio Derby and felt the fact he highlighted his affinity and loyalty to the club was good. Stating that we're going to dig in, do our best and see what happens is realistic and engages a good siege mentality. In my opinion, it's not the same as saying a seasoned manager wouldn't touch this job and they'd be out the door. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yes Rooney is working hard I am sure but I'm not going to really be praising him for it that's his job that he's extremely well compensated for. I don't think the comment helps and it feels like either he's justifying his position outwardly or he's outlining to us that he's doing us a favour because we're such a basket case. Neither of those propositions makes me particularly happy with his state of mind if I'm totally honest or the message it sends. 

I've not seen that interview will give it a watch in a bit ? I did see his one on Radio Derby and felt the fact he highlighted his affinity and loyalty to the club was good. Stating that we're going to dig in, do our best and see what happens is realistic and engages a good siege mentality. In my opinion, it's not the same as saying a seasoned manager wouldn't touch this job and they'd be out the door. 

They all love the clubs and fans, because it's easy to say, both will have loved every club they have played for and their fans.

At the end of the day the questions I would be asking is, is it all about the money? or the real satisfaction you feel of being successful at the job you are being paid to do? or doing the best you possibly can in the game of football that you truly love?

.........we only have to look at Messi and the money being talked about for his new contract to realise why so many clubs are struggling. Unfortunately some of our fans moaned about the ticket office being closed, when tickets were available online for days as being a shambles and the like?.......

.......I think we all need to back our club and it's current staff on and off the pitch and support it on and off the pitch and believe that things will get better as soon as they possibly can, and we can only help by supporting it.

17 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I honestly don't love this comment from him. He got total backing from the fans today no-one had a pop or a go and we all got right behind the lads for 90 minutes. It would have been nice for him to focus on that and not the absolute mess that we're all aware of going on behind the scenes. The comment kind of undermines him as well, is he saying as soon as we could get an experienced manager we'd fire him and the only reason he's in the job because no-one else will have him? 

Yes, I don't think he's the right man for the job and I don't think he should have been given it. But he's here and we've spent an entire match singing his praises and the players despite the problems. The club have earned a point, lets focus on that, build on it and see where the issues lay. Pointlessly focusing on outside media is part of the problem that can infest a club like ours and comments like that suggest he's distracted and thinking elsewhere. 

If Billy Davies came out with that, he'd be tore a new arse. I don't agree with him either.  A job here is still one of the best jobs in English football.  Either Quote 1-you have a good squad and fully expect to beat Huddersfield or Quote 2 - Were in a right poo mess and nobody else would be here .  Make your mind up and stop whinging . In or out.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Sums up what most people think about us at the moment - we're an absolute shitshow off the field, therefore this must equate to another 11 Points season on the field. I don't see it that way however, the group is fairly close knit and the starting 11 with Knight and Bielik to come back is a mid table team - it just depends how any injuries and covid affects us through the course of the season. Happy to fly under the radar for now anyway if other teams think they just have to turn up to beat us - they could be in for a rude awakening hopefully. 

5 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Sums up what most people think about us at the moment - we're an absolute shitshow off the field, therefore this must equate to another 11 Points season on the field. I don't see it that way however, the group is fairly close knit and the starting 11 with Knight and Bielik to come back is a mid table team - it just depends how any injuries and covid affects us through the course of the season. Happy to fly under the radar for now anyway if other teams think they just have to turn up to beat us - they could be in for a rude awakening hopefully. agree 

agree with this, we will not get promoted but we will do a little better than people think

Fair play to Rooney for tonight, but also for how he’s handling this entire situation. His press conferences have been outstanding. He is saying exactly the right things, I actually feel proud of him and I’ll be honest I had some goosebumps listening to his message. I think he can bring the pride back. Maybe he can motivate and galvanise this club after all. I’ve been critical of his selections and tactics, but this could be the making of him. 

7 hours ago, enachops said:

Fair play to Rooney for tonight, but also for how he’s handling this entire situation. His press conferences have been outstanding. He is saying exactly the right things, I actually feel proud of him and I’ll be honest I had some goosebumps listening to his message. I think he can bring the pride back. Maybe he can motivate and galvanise this club after all. I’ve been critical of his selections and tactics, but this could be the making of him. 

Math Reaction GIF by IFHT Films

Trying to figure out how much of this is sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Math Reaction GIF by IFHT Films

Trying to figure out how much of this is sarcasm.

I’m serious! Maybe the goosebump bit was a bit OTT! He gets a lot of stick on here, rightly so on occasions. But credit where credits due, he’s handling this very difficult situation brilliantly. Would have been understandable if he walked, but he’s said all the right things and he has that siege mentality about him, I like it. 

7 minutes ago, enachops said:

I’m serious! Maybe the goosebump bit was a bit OTT! He gets a lot of stick on here, rightly so on occasions. But credit where credits due, he’s handling this very difficult situation brilliantly. Would have been understandable if he walked, but he’s said all the right things and he has that siege mentality about him, I like it. 

I make no apologies for wanting him gone. He is easily up there with one of the worst managers I've ever seen at the club and let's face it, the run at the end of the season would have ended him if we could have afforded it. Yes he's fighting, which is commendable to him, but I selfishly think we would be better if he didn't. I don't think his interviews are doing the club a lot of favours.

Hopefully, he proves me wrong and we can claw our way to lower-midtable obscurity and he will deserve a lot of credit for that. However, Best case scenario, for me, is a new owner who replaces him pre-January.