Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, enachops said:

Fair play to Rooney for tonight, but also for how he’s handling this entire situation. His press conferences have been outstanding. He is saying exactly the right things, I actually feel proud of him and I’ll be honest I had some goosebumps listening to his message. I think he can bring the pride back. Maybe he can motivate and galvanise this club after all. I’ve been critical of his selections and tactics, but this could be the making of him. 

What keeps becoming apparent is his absolute dogged determination to get it right. It is deep within his eyes - a hypnotic certainty that whatever is thrown at him will not cause him to waver. The very essence of a winner. 

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

What keeps becoming apparent is his absolute dogged determination to get it right. It is deep within his eyes - a hypnotic certainty that whatever is thrown at him will not cause him to waver. The very essence of a winner. 

Yep - I'm also starting to like this closing ranks attitude, there are still fans that want to criticise the club at every opportunity, plenty on here but I'm a big fan of cluck the EFL and no-one like us, we don't care. Bring it on, life isn't a popularity contest, and neither is the championship ?

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

For the first time last night , I could see what Wazza was trying to do. Remember he is a rookie manager learning on the job. Much bigger tests to come .He can’t fault his support in the ground . Brill atmosphere in PP.Enjoyed it .

Yes! Volume level was high and atmosphere right despite the minuscule crowd. Positively charged atoms filled the air and that gradually took hold of the players. It was palpable. It was clear that 2nd half Derby decided to play with a bit more tempo and keep moving the ball around the pitch, and it was that, and Ebosole's persistent, wasp-like attacking raids that ground Salford down. We were still vulnerable down the middle due to the youth of the side (and yet another inept set of officials) , but WR's game plan gradually took hold. 

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Yep - I'm also starting to like this closing ranks attitude, there are still fans that want to criticise the club at every opportunity, plenty on here but I'm a big fan of cluck the EFL and no-one like us, we don't care. Bring it on, life isn't a popularity contest, and neither is the championship ?

Reminds me of wee Billy D!

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you obviously don't understand the situation.

I've been very critical of him, but, he does seem to be growing into the role and his media dealings are getting better, he just seems a bit more comfortable that he did last season. He's also clearly determined and decided he's going to go fully into it - and he's probably right, any established manager would've probably gone "na, i'll find a different job"

So far this season we've had 2 performances that have shown fight and some level of intent.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I actually really want rooney to become  a success , mainly because he's stuck by the club and players through the absolute doggy no-no that keeps getting thrown at him , although I'm not sure he will be , fingers crossed for the season ?

He needs the experience out of us. ?

I don't like Wayne but have to give it to the bloke for not walking away - shows character.

Hope he can galvanise the squad and rub a bit of that determination off onto the players. All i ask for in a team is a hardworking team spirit and togetherness.    

2 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I actually really want rooney to become  a success , mainly because he's stuck by the club and players through the absolute doggy no-no that keeps getting thrown at him , although I'm not sure he will be , fingers crossed for the season ?

If only we had another experienced CB I would be quite optomistic of a mid-table finish. Lots of promising signs in the young-uns.

WR deserves massive plaudits for the second half of that game.

He got things badly wrong in the first half, as has so often been the case, but he showed last night that he can identify issues and implement fixes, even if it was only against Salford.

I was also really impressed by the attacking intention from the forward players.

Yes, only Salford, but he deserves praise just as much as he deserves criticism when it is earned.

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So far this season we've had 2 performances that have shown fight and some level of intent.

Exactly. That's something we just never had under Cocu (and I REALLY wanted him to succeed). 

I know it's "only" Salford, but when in the last time we came back from conceeding 3 goals to get something out of a game? I don't know, but it certainly feels like it was a long time ago.

25 minutes ago, tombomb said:

The support was only good when it looked like a comeback was on. It wasn't so good when we were 2-0 down and there were moans, groans and even the odd boo coming out of the crowd. We were playing our academy kids....support them

To be fair,it wasn't really directed at the kids at that time but they wouldn't know that.

6 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Stevie mac on sky has just heaps so much praise on Wayne I wouldn't be surprised if they announced their engagement later.

Also mentioned us getting back to the Derby Way of attacking possession based football too. Mel so proud and it's a ménage à trois! #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5