Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wholly agree and share this sentiment.

Would just like him to also take a reduction in salary if it is as high as reported, that’s all. 

Isnt his salary still covered by 32Red or am I out of date? If so would the amount from them reduce if he was paid less anyway? So makes no difference cashwise? I guess we will know at some point. I also felt he would personally help some people from his sentiments yesterday

Edited by CBRammette
Afterthought

always liked Wayne as a player. he is a true england legend. 

seeing him play in a Derby shirt is something ill tell my grandchildren about, like my dad tells me about seeing dave mackay. roy mac, todd etc

wayne doesnt need to be here. hes earnt enough money to sit on his arse in his mansion for 100 lifetimes. hes here because he wants to be here

in times of crisis u need people to step upto the plate and that’s exactly wot hes doing. hes one of the few positives about this club at the moment, along with the fans

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he was contacted by whoever told Dawes and was watching Sky Sports News for more information to confirm the truth of it?

Who told Dawes?! Why is he looking at 'Public Case Search' records. Two other tweets show the screenshot, plus a post from an unbelieving Red Dog! ? 

My mate sent a WhatsApp message at 20.02 with a screenshot of the application to Companies House.

I'm almost as ITK as Wayne ?

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

My mate sent a WhatsApp message at 20.02 with a screenshot of the application to Companies House.

I'm almost as ITK as Wayne ?

Yeah but who told your mate? 

Seriously does anyone think that Dawes found that information on his own (his tweet doesn't claim he did and his ego would let you know if he did!) - it's not about a train you know! ? #whotoldDawes

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah but who told your mate? 

Seriously does anyone think that Dawes found that information on his own (his tweet doesn't claim he did and his ego would let you know if he did!) - it's not about a train you know! ? #whotoldDawes

The link came from an obscure LinkedIn post. Dawes along with Steve Nicholson,Alan Nixon and John Percy were tweeted the link around 1850 Friday evening.

Dawes then engaged in conversation with the author of the LinkedIn post.

He then tweeted at 1945 on Friday that he was asking the club for info.

Rooney with Gibbo said he found out at 1943 when in his previous interviews with Sky and Dawes he said he found out on Sky.

Something doesn't quite ring right here.

Edited by Charlie George

2 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

The link came from an obscure LinkedIn post. Dawes along with Steve Nicholson,Alan Nixon and John Percy were tweeted the link around 1850 Friday evening.

Dawes then engaged in conversation with the author of the LinkedIn post.

He then tweeted at 1945 on Friday that he was asking the club for info.

Rooney with Gibbo said he found out at 1943 when in his previous interviews with Sky and Dawes he said he found out on Sky.

Something doesn't quite ring right here.

An obscure post, by who?

What doesn't ring right is why be watching SSN at all on a Friday night before the game?! ? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

An obscure post, by who?

What doesn't ring right is why be watching SSN at all on a Friday night before the game?! ? 

Here you go.

Rooney twice claimed to have heard the news on Sky.That news wasn't public until after 2000. He dropped his guard with Gibbo (a very selective audience via Rams TV) and mentioned he was told at 1943.

Screenshot_20210919-095912_LinkedIn.jpg

9 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

He said Sky on both interviews, but only 7:43 on one. I can only assume it was a point being made to someone.

Just now, Charlie George said:

Rooney twice claimed to have heard the news on Sky.That news wasn't public until after 2000. He dropped his guard with Gibbo (a very selective audience via Rams TV) and mentioned he was told at 1943.

I'm not doubting he was told - but by who is the point! 

Just now, johnnymw said:

Maybe Mel didn't tell Wayne because he believed he already knew? Maybe there's a play from MSD that involves Wayne?  Or maybe I'm clutching at straws!

Did he look and sound like he knew? 

Plus he had to tell the players just before the game itself!

Just now, Charlie George said:

For goodness sake if you listen to his voice in the interviews you can hear he's choked up with emotion. A pause? He's not a bloody orator you know! ?

5 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

I understand that totally,but Wayne will be well trained for media duties. His stories don't tally.

Trained maybe, but he was struggling to control his emotions. His stories do tally, there was just extra info in the time given in the post-match interview. He'd already been interviewed pre-match, why mention a time? It was a point being made to someone. 

Edited by RoyMac5