Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can never understand why a striker paid for scoring goals would not be grabbing the ball every time his/ her team gets the chance to beat a goalkeeper from 12 yards. 

Surely they should be practising striking a ball into the top corners over and over again so there would be no doubt of the outcome in match day? 

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's a very weird comment about boosting goal tallies, though 6 of Rooney's last 12 England goals were penalties including 3 of the last 4 to draw level with Bobby Charlton (pen against San Marino) and then overtake him with a pen against Switzerland, before his last goal being another pen in the ignominious defeat to Iceland. He played for England for a good 5 years too long.

A big part about being a striker is scoring goals , the more you score the more confidence you get , more confidence = more shots , = more goals , makes sense to me.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's a very weird comment about boosting goal tallies, though 6 of Rooney's last 12 England goals were penalties including 3 of the last 4 to draw level with Bobby Charlton (pen against San Marino) and then overtake him with a pen against Switzerland, before his last goal being another pen in the ignominious defeat to Iceland. He played for England for a good 5 years too long.

Very interesting penalty stats for Rooney - linked to what he said.

My gut feeling was that he played for too long too. (I understand far too little about tactics, but it's good to hear someone else say what I thought.) The justification was that he scored goals, but I always wondered if someone else might score more! Having said that - he did score them - whether they were penalties or open play - so I'm grateful for that! 

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Say no more. #COYR

Somebody like Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock, Chris Hughton etc. would have walked a long time ago as they could just sit around and wait for another job.

Wayne Rooney doesn’t have that luxury of being able to get a better job. He hasn’t earned his stripes yet.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Somebody like Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock, Chris Hughton etc. would have walked a long time ago as they could just sit around and wait for another job.

Wayne Rooney doesn’t have that luxury of being able to get a better job. He hasn’t earned his stripes yet.

His 'name' would make it easy for him to get another job, there's always plenty of teams wanting a new manager. So it's not because he couldn't get another job that he's still here!

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His 'name' would make it easy for him to get another job, there's always plenty of teams wanting a new manager. So it's not because he couldn't get another job that he's still here!

How do we know that?

And a bigger club than Derby?

Wayne needs to make a success of this job before other big championship clubs or esp the premiership would give him a second glance,I'm sure he knows that.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

How do we know that?

And a bigger club than Derby?

Wayne needs to make a success of this job before other big championship clubs or esp the premiership would give him a second glance,I'm sure he knows that.

Is there a yawn emoji?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Is there a yawn emoji?

Sadly not,I don't know why you keep attempting to garner fans to have a more favourable view of him....once he succeeds as a manager and gets good results,popularity will follow,it's down to him.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong