El DerbyCo

roboto

I keep visiting this thread in the hope of a bit more info but all I find is a group of wusses overreacting to everything that’s been said (or worse, not said but inferred from someone else’s comments). 

The majority of folk on this board need to grow a pair (not you @angieram) and stop wetting yourselves at every opportunity. We are where we are - no amount of crying will change that.

We’re all Derby fans - we never have an easy time - it’s in our DNA. Sit back and enjoy the ride - the alternative would almost certainly be administration (or worse)....

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I really can’t weigh up some fans. In the Abu Derby County thread there was some much made of the silence and fan’s demanding information. Alonso does 2 interviews which are quite frank and open and folk still aren’t happy ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Football club ownership is a lose/lose situation, doesn’t matter what they do, you’ve done it wrong.

They will be asked to sit in the corner, be quiet, just sign the cheques, but wait, why are they so quiet, we demand answers.

Cut back spending, be sensible, wait a minute we still want that £10m striker and £5m defender, and a £8m keeper....oh and don’t forget that £7m midfielder....but don’t you dare take us close to that FFP limit, no football club should be losing money.

Bored now, we need a new owner, anyone just get rid...wait not him, we don’t want him Jesus, but get rid asap.

Hold on, why’s this guy wanting to buy a second tier football club, I smell something fishy, what’s his intentions, why us, why not one of those football clubs that actually make money like erm...errrrrm....

Honestly, I could be the richest man in the world, sat in trillions in the bank account and I would never touch a football club, even Derby. 

I could turn us into the next Man City and some would still have something to complain about, winning leagues, competing in Europe but yeah that David bloke what a @#%! for killing the atmosphere and turning us into a tourist fan club, all those fake fans over in Asia. I want to see us lose games, can’t remember the last time I saw us get a classic Derby tonking.

Now imagine football clubs owned by football fans, oh my, a group of Newcastle fans are looking to buy a stake in their club. Can already see the fall out there, desperate to get rid of Ashley they donate all they can, then Ant and Dec disagree over firing the manager, Cheryl Cole storms off wanting her £5.68 back as she thought one of the fans would be appointed manager.

Would not touch with a barge pole.

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"Kim Jong-un will not have a formal role at the club".

Derby fan interpretation: FFS Kim Jong-un has an informal role at the club!!!  Moan, panic, whinge, moan, panic, whinge.

Is he to have a role at the club or not, I am confused? Is he available to play centre back today more importantly, better in the air than Wizzy ?

15 minutes ago, David said:

Football club ownership is a lose/lose situation, doesn’t matter what they do, you’ve done it wrong.

They will be asked to sit in the corner, be quiet, just sign the cheques, but wait, why are they so quiet, we demand answers.

Cut back spending, be sensible, wait a minute we still want that £10m striker and £5m defender, and a £8m keeper....oh and don’t forget that £7m midfielder....but don’t you dare take us close to that FFP limit, no football club should be losing money.

Bored now, we need a new owner, anyone just get rid...wait not him, we don’t want him Jesus, but get rid asap.

Hold on, why’s this guy wanting to buy a second tier football club, I smell something fishy, what’s his intentions, why us, why not one of those football clubs that actually make money like erm...errrrrm....

Honestly, I could be the richest man in the world, sat in trillions in the bank account and I would never touch a football club, even Derby. 

I could turn us into the next Man City and some would still have something to complain about, winning leagues, competing in Europe but yeah that David bloke what a @#%! for killing the atmosphere and turning us into a tourist fan club, all those fake fans over in Asia. I want to see us lose games, can’t remember the last time I saw us get a classic Derby tonking.

Now imagine football clubs owned by football fans, oh my, a group of Newcastle fans are looking to buy a stake in their club. Can already see the fall out there, desperate to get rid of Ashley they donate all they can, then Ant and Dec disagree over firing the manager, Cheryl Cole storms off wanting her £5.68 back as she thought one of the fans would be appointed manager.

Would not touch with a barge pole.

Totally agree. Whoever's in charge will always be 'shot at' by some. Mel has always had his heart in the right place - he loves our club - but has made mistakes. The trouble is, on here, we'd all pick out different mistakes. To be fair patience must be difficult - it's a results business after all. Being a glass half-full kind of person I'm going to wait and see what happens.

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Prospective new Derby owner Erik Alonso is facing questions from the EFL over the source of his funds before a proposed takeover can be signed off. Great news according to The Daily Mail. This is from paper talk on Skysports website. 

Pity the EFL weren’t so hot finding out where the funding comes from one of our neighbouring clubs .........or perhaps they thought EFL HQ would get burnt down if they asked too many questions ? 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I really can’t weigh up some fans. In the Abu Derby County thread there was some much made of the silence and fan’s demanding information. Alonso does 2 interviews which are quite frank and open and folk still aren’t happy ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

If he puts his trousers on left leg first, it'll be a sign everything is about to fall apart. Right leg first and he's a chancer who will bring us ruin.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That isn't always a given. I think that's why people might be cautious.

Spending 20 million on players in the Championship?

Even if the worst comes to the worst, I'll be right behind AFC Derby.

I completely get your point though. Spending ridiculous money on (the wrong) players is how we got into this mess in the first place.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I keep visiting this thread in the hope of a bit more info but all I find is a group of wusses overreacting to everything that’s been said (or worse, not said but inferred from someone else’s comments). 

The majority of folk on this board need to grow a pair (not you @angieram) and stop wetting yourselves at every opportunity. We are where we are - no amount of crying will change that.

We’re all Derby fans - we never have an easy time - it’s in our DNA. Sit back and enjoy the ride - the alternative would almost certainly be administration (or worse)....

But wait on, we need to find something negative to say. People could get happy, any sort of excitement or optimism needs to be snuffed out at the earliest opportunity. How dare anyone believe this could be a good move. We must all live like Flagellants.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

But wait on, we need to find something negative to say. People could get happy, any sort of excitement or optimism needs to be snuffed out at the earliest opportunity. How dare anyone believe this could be a good move. We must all live like Flagellants.

Didn't they live on the moon with the Clangers?

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

That's our job