El DerbyCo

roboto

All this talk about the owners being held to account, yes I do think that they should be. Christ, Mel has put millions into the club and there are those that think he should be flogged in the market square. Ok, if you think that way, fair enough. However, this deal hasn't officially happened yet, and some are already holding Alonso to account! We're not 1, 2, 3 years into his tenure. We're not even one day into it, and some want him held to account. He said judge me by my actions. If he does half as well, or badly (whichever way you want to look at it) as Mel, it won't be a flogging but something William Wallace's detractors would have considered harsh.

I'm pleased with the interview he did with Chris Coles. My one red line before the takeover is that I don't want someone who currently holds far right views to run the club - it's not a high bar. He claimed that Vox used his local minor celebrity status to raise their profile without his permission. I'm still quite sceptical and suspect that he did have some affinity with them, but he also pointed out that they have a racist ideology and he does not. He put some daylight between them and his current position. I'll be watching carefully for what else crawls out of the woodwork, but at this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for the rest - he comes across as a bit of fantasist. It's like my plans when I start a new game of football manager. It will take something extraordinary for 29 year old with zero experience to turn around this club. A £ billion would do it, but it doesn't seem like he has money to burn, so he needs to get most of his decision right. 

My head says this will end badly. His backing is not obvious and the Matt Southall connection concerns me. But the romantic in me says he must be a quite extraordinary individual to even be in a position to put in a bid which is being taken seriously by the club. The club certainly needs some fresh ideas and energy and there's an outside chance that he could be that 'left field' force which shakes the club out of its stupor.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm pleased with the interview he did with Chris Coles. My one red line before the takeover is that I don't want someone who currently holds far right views to run the club - it's not a high bar. He claimed that Vox used his local minor celebrity status to raise their profile without his permission. I'm still quite sceptical and suspect that he did have some affinity with them, but he also pointed out that they have a racist ideology and he does not. He put some daylight between them and his current position. I'll be watching carefully for what else crawls out of the woodwork, but at this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for the rest - he comes across as a bit of fantasist. It's like my plans when I start a new game of football manager. It will take something extraordinary for 29 year old with zero experience to turn around this club. A £ billion would do it, but it doesn't seem like he has money to burn, so he needs to get most of his decision right. 

My head says this will end badly. His backing is not obvious and the Matt Southall connection concerns me. But the romantic in me says he must be a quite extraordinary individual to even be in a position to put in a bid which is being taken seriously by the club. The club certainly needs some fresh ideas and energy and there's an outside chance that he could be that 'left field' force which shakes the club out of its stupor.

Well said....

9 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Where could one find the interview with Chris Coles if one was so inclined? 

It was on BBC sounds app earlier this evening, the post match reaction.

You may have to wait for them to post it up later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09c40yj

There you go.

38.45 mins in.

Edited by Rev
Link

Happy to read in the mirror that pride parks included in the deal. Only the training ground isn't included.

Hopefully the new ownership will mean, that the club stops selling its best youth players for less money than I think they are worth

Interesting that he’s confirmed the money is his and there are no other backers, how wealthy is he? 

clearly he must have some significant money behind him to buy and then run the club On his own at 29 years old. 

something just doesn’t stack up for me 

32 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Happy to read in the mirror that pride parks included in the deal. Only the training ground isn't included.

Hopefully the new ownership will mean, that the club stops selling its best youth players for less money than I think they are worth

They are going to rent the training ground then?

7 hours ago, angieram said:

I am very pleased you think my posts are ridiculous. My work here is done.

You carry on with your rights and obligations, you're doing a grand job.

Angie I think your posts on this this subject have been absolutely on the money I think I safely say on behalf of the majority of the forum.

image.gif