El DerbyCo

roboto

I've been incredibly disinterested of late but am I reading right that the ex President of Real Madrid is becoming our lawyer?

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've been incredibly disinterested of late but am I reading right that the ex President of Real Madrid is becoming our lawyer?

Now that the UK is not in the EU this does not sound sensible. 

In any case, much of law is very country specific so the fact that he's a Spanish law expert should not hold water over here. 

But in the end, if all he is doing is advising the owners then on their heads be it. 

Yes, it's no even been completed yet, we don't really know what will happen and we should try to judge him by his actions and so on. But. "I'm going to get us promoted, spend £150m and buy £20m players" seems a bit "say things fans like so they are on side" rather than "here are some well considered thoughts on sustainable growth and a positive direction for the club"

It's nice that he thinks the end goal is promotion to the prem where the big money is, and I doubt any new owner would suck their teeth and go "well lads, lower midtable year on year is kind of the limit for the cash I have to spend on yous, but it's mine now ha ha ha"

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Well there's quite a lot of exclusives already, and a lot of claims being made that, on paper, sound very promising...

But let's hope he's not over-promising from the very start, relationships can go south very quickly by doing that.

Have you also had the phrase "that's not nine inches and you're not five foot ten" in your dating history?

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Now that the UK is not in the EU this does not sound sensible. 

In any case, much of law is very country specific so the fact that he's a Spanish law expert should not hold water over here. 

But in the end, if all he is doing is advising the owners then on their heads be it. 

Agree. Doesn't seem plausible at all. For one thing, a Spanish lawyer probably wouldn't automatically be qualified to practice in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I am reading between the lines too much, but is this is implying that there will be an informal role at the club for the absolute crook that is Matt Southall?

Pretty alarming. 

I’m sorry, but this all absolutely reeks of some Fawazian dramatic comedy, or is it tragedy?

More and more alarming by the minute. I hope we, as fans, are ready to have to come together and look after the best interests of our club, because I feel increasingly sure that this is going to take us down a dark and ugly road.