El DerbyCo

roboto

34 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’m starting to unfortunately fall down the same way he said no further comment he’s not shut up since he’s been bragging etc it’s just like he’s using us to show off

For agreeing to two media interview requests?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I am reading between the lines too much, but is this is implying that there will be an informal role at the club for the absolute crook that is Matt Southall?

Don't be such a drama queen. Southall is just a close friend, so of course Alonso knows what he is like. He won't risk getting him involved in the club where Southall can steal from again. He's just a close friend, that's all. Absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever. I think it's great he has close friends with experience within English football.

I think people who just see Rob Dorsetts tweets will think this a young rich lad boasting but actually listening/reading to the interview he comes across quite level headed and ambitious, not boastful.

He hasnt spoken out about the deal itself which is what the statement was about, all he has done is 2 interviews over here where he has outlined his plans which im sure most fans wanted to hear/know. Sounds like the deal is pretty much done anyway.

Edited by DCFC1388

I'm a tired middle aged man. I don't have reserves of rage to bring to bear on topics around what might go wrong, or what should have been done. I'm sad that Mel is walking away, sad for us and for him, that the effort in sweat and treasure he's put in to getting us promoted never worked out. Blame him if you want, but few of us could or would have done better. He deserved to sit in the executive box at Old Trafford and The Emirates and watch our team mix it with the best again. I'll always respect him and wish him well.

The new guy is a clean slate, a fresh start. We have a new season over the horizon and if we can just win a couple more games and stay up, positives in the academy and the managers office and hope for the future.

Good luck to him, and I hope the takeover and the relegation battle conclude successfully in this next couple of weeks.

Up the Rams. It's all about the hope.

At least he's making the right noises. Im excited now for the takeover to happen. 

I respect mel spending his own money but he he has been a disaster and that's how i'll remember his time here. Some good moments, done well with the academy but as a whole not good. Can't knock him for trying and heart was in the right place but certainly nieve about footballing matters 

Im happy about Roman Calderon's involvement. I'd like to think someone as high profile as him wouldn't be involved in another three amigo situation. Also a criticism of mel was that he should have got a football man in to help him run the club especially early on. If Alonso has calderon for advice then id like to think were going to be in a good position 

44 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Prospective new Derby owner Erik Alonso is facing questions from the EFL over the source of his funds before a proposed takeover can be signed off. Great news according to The Daily Mail. This is from paper talk on Skysports website. 

I'd be concerned if they aren't asking those questions. 

Source of funds is an important part of any transaction. 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

I'd be concerned if they aren't asking those questions. 

Source of funds is an important part of any transaction. 

Agree need to have a concern of caution with regards to this gentleman it's still not done and dusted like some think. 

42 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Prospective new Derby owner Erik Alonso is facing questions from the EFL over the source of his funds before a proposed takeover can be signed off. Great news according to The Daily Mail. This is from paper talk on Skysports website. 

Isn't that just describing what the EFL process is for taking over a club? 

Ie, when they get a proposal, their standard questions start with.... 

1. Where's the money coming from? 

I suppose a headline such as "efl subjecting Erik Alonso to standard due diligence process with no additional questions whatsoever" is a bit dull tbf ?

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I suppose a headline such as "efl subjecting Erik Alonso to standard due diligence process with no additional questions whatsoever" is a bit dull tbf ?

Maybe The Daily Mail trying to make more of an issue of it. You know what there like for there dislike of us. 

6 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I really can’t weigh up some fans. In the Abu Derby County thread there was some much made of the silence and fan’s demanding information. Alonso does 2 interviews which are quite frank and open and folk still aren’t happy ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

If you're looking for happy people you've come to the wrong place! 

34 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hmmm... not sure they asked that from Sheikh?

I do understand EFL though, tough questions are hard to ask. Also, better not to ask questions if they might not like the answer.

Here's the original procedure:

image.png.b7b57f96aaec9be7ec787241270cc694.png