El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

I guess it's perfectly normal for fans to be concerned. After all, we're getting a new member of our family, of OUR club.

If your parents got divorced and your mum gets a new partner, you'd rightly want to know about them, to meet them and make sure they are going to treat her well, look after her etc.

Anyway, Erik, treat our mum well, she's high maintenance !!

We just need mum to open her doors again so 25k fans can spill their beer in her. 

If this takeover goes through then we will be incredibly lucky if it works out for the best for us as paying the bills is going to be hard. 

next season I still don’t think there will be away fans in grounds and I do not think we will get past 50% capacities 

finances are going to be extremely tight especially for the non parachute clubs 

32 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

fans of the club and putting our hard earned cash into the club we have the right and obligation to hold the ownership to account if they are failing in their jobs.

Wow...... I've been a DCFC fan for over 50 years, and I've never known till now that I'm obliged to hold people to account if they are failing in their jobs.  I do apologies for this oversight......

14 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

On the positive side we have young players who will improve.  On the optimistic side we have Krystian Bielik to come back and when he was around we looked a different team and talk from some was about launching a play off push this season.  Given some investment and clever recruitment the re-build may not be quite as drastic.  Maybe I’m glass half full but I won’t gain anything by being the opposite.

On your point about declaring that we have money to spend I tend to agree although the positive view maybe that it shows ambitious intent that may help to attract the right sort of player who want to join the project.

We're going to need: a good striker, a good attacking midfielder, some defenders at least so probably minimum 5-6 class signings and keeping all of the young players. So easily £20-30m could be spent in the summer to make the team a viable top 6 outfit.

Being more realistic, perhaps £10m with a good chunk on a striker and reasonable bargain shopping the rest would see some good progress.

3 minutes ago, Long Time Lurker said:

Wow...... I've been a DCFC fan for over 50 years, and I've never known till now that I'm obliged to hold people to account if they are failing in their jobs.  I do apologies for this oversight......

As the club is an institution that we surely all want to see continue to exist for our children and grandchildren there is an element of obligation that exists as part of our role as fans- that obligation is likely only ever really activated when the club is being mismanaged to the point of it going out of business but it is still there. 

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We're going to need: a good striker, a good attacking midfielder, some defenders at least so probably minimum 5-6 class signings and keeping all of the young players. So easily £20-30m could be spent in the summer to make the team a viable top 6 outfit.

Being more realistic, perhaps £10m with a good chunk on a striker and reasonable bargain shopping the rest would see some good progress.

It’s free transfers and loans and even those will be very expensive in my opinion 

On 10/03/2021 at 17:19, roboto said:

From some very quick scanning of articles it seemed as though he came in as an advisor for Chansiri, but was secretly trying to work his way into fans affections by immersing himself in the club on social media. Then he made a lowball (£30m) offer to buy the club from Chansiri and was told to do one.

Seems like he's doing a more straightforward tactic this time.

Couple of key points I'd like to know more about:

Is he a face of a consortium? (Probably)

If so, who are they and where are they getting this 'debt free' money from as reported?

Is the Matt Southall guy involved at all?

Do we assume that this is the only bidder now? Is the Abu Dhabi deal completely dead? Are other bidders interested after rumours of US investment etc. over the last couple of months?

Will Mel keep some control to make sure that the new owners don't asset strip the club?

Low ball for Wednesday ? sounds a fair offer for a club with a decrepit stadium and very few playing assets ( according to Owls fans ) 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

This just strikes me as ridiculous (as do your previous posts on this topic), of course as fans of the club and putting our hard earned cash into the club we have the right and obligation to hold the ownership to account if they are failing in their jobs. Football club owners in reality are pretty close to being custodians, they are owners of long standing institutions with an enormous role in local communities. This kind of attitude would have seen the 3 amigos hammer the nails in Derby's coffin over a decade ago when it took a combination of local reporters, the rams trust, and significant fan pressure to try and force those crooks out the club. 

No-one likes to wallow in misery- I hope Alonso comes in, does a fantastic job gets us to the promised land and makes us a force again. As a Derby county fan who wouldn't want that? Honestly, one of the best days I've had since my dad passing away a few years ago was going with my mum down to Wembley to cheer us on- why wouldn't I or any other Derby fan want to have those memories again?

The thing that worries me (and others) is that he's got 0 evidence to back any of this up, he doesn't have the money to run the club himself, his companies are basically shells and he's already had a run in with a club in this division the fans of which are largely thankful he's left them alone. I hope i am proven wrong, just like I hope I am proven wrong about Wayne's management but atm there is nothing to show beyond a press release and interviews that anyone with half a brain could do that to show he's not going to be a nightmare for us. 

How do you know what money he and his backers have or have not got ? Do you have any actual evidence or just hunch or opinion ? Not having a go , a serious question as I cannot find anything either way. 
The Spanish article I read covered the shell companies saying they are new and set up ready to go. 
If the price is 50 mill he must have shown proof of funds to Mel and the EFL plus the ability to fund for 2 years ? 
Hopefully the source of those funds ( if they do exist ) are ethical and sustainable and not from nefarious activities like the ones alleged by the owner of a neighbouring club. 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

How do you know what money he and his backers have or have not got ? Do you have any actual evidence or just hunch or opinion ? Not having a go , a serious question as I cannot find anything either way. 
The Spanish article I read covered the shell companies saying they are new and set up ready to go. 
If the price is 50 mill he must have shown proof of funds to Mel and the EFL plus the ability to fund for 2 years ? 
Hopefully the source of those funds ( if they do exist ) are ethical and sustainable and not from nefarious activities like the ones alleged by the owner of a neighbouring club. 

Since he's 29, had 5 fights as a professional boxer and is a sports agent of a bunch of small time players it's reasonable to assume he himself doesn't have the personal wealth to run the club and I've read reports in the news to back this up. He's also stated that he doesn't take money from family but even the family's wealth (whilst relatively substantial) doesn't seem enough to really run the club for a long period of time. One of the questions that needs to be answered is who is backing him? He's denying there are other backers but there must be. 

so did BZI and look at how that turned out... 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Since he's 29, had 5 fights as a professional boxer and is a sports agent of a bunch of small time players it's reasonable to assume he himself doesn't have the personal wealth to run the club and I've read reports in the news to back this up. He's also stated that he doesn't take money from family but even the family's wealth (whilst relatively substantial) doesn't seem enough to really run the club for a long period of time. One of the questions that needs to be answered is who is backing him? He's denying there are other backers but there must be. 

so did BZI and look at how that turned out... 

Just an opinion then. Fair enough 

1 hour ago, Long Time Lurker said:

Apology accepted, strange oversight though.....fans aren’t obliged to do anything but makes sense that they are able to have their views listened to by the powers that be ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

next season I still don’t think there will be away fans in grounds and I do not think we will get past 50% capacities

The EFL are planning for full opening of stadiums to full capacity come the start of 21/22 season. No reason there shouldn’t be following the Governments published roadmap 

Just now, TexasRam said:

The EFL are planning for full opening of stadiums to full capacity come the start of 21/22 season. No reason there shouldn’t be following the Governments published roadmap 

Optimism is one thing what will actually happen only time will tell 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Optimism is one thing what will actually happen only time will tell 

Yeah I guess, especially with the cult of Covid we have in this country not wanting normality ever again. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If this takeover goes through then we will be incredibly lucky if it works out for the best for us as paying the bills is going to be hard. 

finances are going to be extremely tight especially for the non parachute clubs 

Have you not read Boris's roadmap which says and I quote..'All restrictions lifted by 21st June?