El DerbyCo

roboto

Brief overview of what was said. 

- Not true he’s pulling out, it’s going ahead

- Not refinancing stadium, wants it put in his name so he can use it to buy players 

- If relegated he still wants it go through. 

Simon Jordan -

— Erik Alonso has significant financial means

- Switching debt from club to Alonso makes sense, it frees up cast to buy players

- Doesn’t think there’s any worry, other than winning Saturday

- If he was in Alonso’s position he would renegotiate if relegated, he agreed a price for a championship club not a league one. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hope he’s learned how to pronounce ‘Derby’

Nope. He still calls us "Dur-by". ..."Listen, Dur-by Cow-ntee is bigger than any League..."

Edited by Ellafella

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Brief overview of what was said. 

- Not true he’s pulling out, it’s going ahead

- Not refinancing stadium, wants it put in his name so he can use it to buy players 

- If relegated he still wants it go through. 

Simon Jordan -

— Erik Alonso has significant financial means

- Switching debt from club to Alonso makes sense, it frees up cast to buy players

- Doesn’t think there’s any worry, other than winning Saturday

- If he was in Alonso’s position he would renegotiate if relegated, he agreed a price for a championship club not a league one. 

Moved from disaster panic back to very cautious.

Just now, Carnero said:

He damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

No comment just leads to assumption that a Daily Mail headline is true.

So what, it's been said. There's plenty of rumours going around, what is one more!

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Any comments from all of the people that have decided the guy is a 'chancer' based on completely factually incorrect information in the Daily Mail now?

I still think he's a chancer.

He might be a chancer who pulls things off sometimes, but I'm still wary.

As the journo freirnd of the ramswriter podcast said, Alonso is rich, but not football club owner rich so must have backing to make it viable. It could be he's got to work around something to pass the EFL test on his sources of funds.

Only way this won’t happen is if the EFL block it. With Trevor Birch overseeing the process if this is dodgy he will discover it and block it. If he doesn’t then it’s legit and we move on. The snippets of the Alonso interview seem logical and reasonable. Makes sense.

The unknown is he’s a foreign owner with no connection to the club and we don’t know his backers or their intentions, but they are not buying the club for £3 as it’s going into administration a la 3 amigos. 

As for Simon Jordan. He’s been quite vocal on this a few times now in a positive way about Alonso. He reckons he has a very reliable source, he risks making himself look a complete plank if he turns dodgy so he’s not going to share that opinion lightly unless he knows something. 

I have a warmer feeling than I did first thing this morning, but we are not ploughing into administration, the takeover is still ahead the ONLY concern right now is Saturday.

Simon Jordan  has no problem shooting from the hip and upsetting whoever’s in his crosshairs along the way.

Both him and Jim White have torn clubs and owners to shreds in the past, particularly in the cases of Bolton / Wigan and Blackpool. 

I take a lot of comfort from him providing a positive spin on this takeover and adding weight that Alonso has the financial means to buy the club and keep it going. If he thought this was dodgy or that Alonso wasn’t credible, he’d be absolutely trashing both him and the club, no doubt about it. 

I also think it’s fantastic that Talksport are able to quickly go to source on any rumours by calling Alonso out to answer the allegations being made. 

Fair play to both Simon Jordan and Jim White.