El DerbyCo

roboto

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

Agreed. 

I believe all football debts, like payments to players and other clubs, have to be paid in full regardless of administration or not.

It's quite possible our largest debt in owed to Mel, therefore we'd gain nothing from administration.

what debt?  Mel owes he club £80m for buying PP.  All of his funding is not a debt

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why are we believing the Daily Mail?

Not everything the Daily Mail writes is false. 

But I agree Mel couldn't possibly have chosen another chancer to take over the club. I refuse to believe such an outlandish story and I'm sure our Spanish friend has already passed the fit and proper persons test.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us." Stephen King

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

what debt?  Mel owes he club £80m for buying PP.  All of his funding is not a debt

Yes, but that's just 'incorrect' usage of words isn't it. How much would it cost the club to buy back the stadium and the mortgage on the Academy then?

And if his funding is not a 'debt' how come he's having such problems selling the club?

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I was referring to the amount Cornwall posted earlier in the thread.

It would seem sensible to loan the club the club money, rather than inject more equity into something you've agreed to sell.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's really concerning to me that MM has now nearly sold this club to not one chancer, but two.

How desperate is he to get rid of us at this stage? Didn't he say at one point that he'd only sell us to the right person? It's getting increasingly hard to believe that now.

Three, surely?

The Yank, the Sheik and now Eric?

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is the Sam Rush consortium a thing?

The only things I've read regarding it is that Rush and Appleby merged to make a new company, then supposedly was interested in Derby County. But got told by Melvyn to politely “do one” 

I just can't fathom, whoever Morris’s advisors are, that they simply think to keep going for these chancers. After the last charade surely you would have looked at the business set up by the Ex Wolves chairman who acts as a Football estate Agency and does the proper tests to assure the football club will be in the best hands. 

As a fan Melvyn, come on mate. Let's start being sensible and do the best for Derby moving forward.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

We’ll know when we see the accounts. But hasn’t he borrowed money in the company that owns the stadium.  And paid that money to the club to cover cash shortfalls, so reducing the 80m debt due to the club

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's really concerning to me that MM has now nearly sold this club to not one chancer, but two.

How desperate is he to get rid of us at this stage? Didn't he say at one point that he'd only sell us to the right person? It's getting increasingly hard to believe that now.

When the wrong person becomes the only person, they default to be the right person?