El DerbyCo

roboto

I’m trying to keep an open mind.  The article is a bit rubbish to be fair.  “We are told”, “understands”, “it’s suspected”.  So much conjecture and no idea if it’s truth or fact.  No quotes.  The article doesn’t even use the old line “sources close to the club”.  No one commented is probably because both parties agreed not to comment on the details of the deal.

The facts that we do know are that the paperwork is done, as per the original press release, and that it’s with the EFL to ratify the deal.  If it fails or goes ahead it’s because all parties, including the EFL, think it’s the right thing.  Either way, we’ll move on.

Let’s wait and see.

Whilst it has been apparent to most that Alonso, like the fake Sheikh, has no cash, we have ploughed on and wasted time on this deal.

The problem is going to be that very soon we are going to have very few players contracted to the club and will require a serious re-build with, hopefully, a new manager. Whatever division we are in this is going to require serious future planning. With a rudderless ship, no cash and no desire, the danger is that we are going to sink even further next season. We went into this season with no centre forward, maybe next season it will be no centre halves.

It seems that we are hell bent on self-imploding. All this really does need sorting and fast. Will we even be able to afford to sack Rooney? Worrying times.

I will draw consolation from the fact that the article says that he is planning to bring in his own recruitment team as if that is a bad thing. If I was buying this football club it would be the first thing that I would do as well! 

Great days. 

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m actually quite relieved. The bloke struck me as an absolute chancer from the very beginning.

Yes I agree with you there but where does it leave us as a club with regards to who is going to takeover the club? Morris as had enough and could just go into administration. 

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Yes I agree with you there but where does it leave us as a club with regards to who is going to takeover the club? Morris as had enough and could just go into administration. 

Even that might be tricky. It would mean administrations, as the club, the ground and the academy are all separate companies and the catering/hospitality is 50% owned by Delaware North. Each of these companies is owned by other companies. 

Kieran Maguire suggested that administration might be good in the long term as it would slash debts and allow a brutal restructuring. Ultimately, it would attract a better buyer. He forgot to mention the 12 point deduction. Even worse if we fail the next P&S round.

12 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Do you understand the implications of going into administration?

How do you think MM would benefit from it?

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Even that might be tricky. It would mean administrations, as the club, the ground and the academy are all separate companies and the catering/hospitality is 50% owned by Delaware North. Each of these companies is owned by other companies. 

Kieran Maguire suggested that administration might be good in the long term as it would slash debts and allow a brutal restructuring. Ultimately, it would attract a better buyer. He forgot to mention the 12 point deduction. Even worse if we fail the next P&S round.

A very sad day if it gets to that. But we can't keep going from these chancers wanting to buy the club. 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Did he say what debts it would slash exactly?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It starting to look like going into administration is the best possible financial situation in the long term whilst picking up the basic 12 point deduction - not a great state of affairs 

Can you explain what the benefits of going into administration would be?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you understand the implications of going into administration?

How do you think MM would benefit from it?

I get the impression Morris couldn't give a damn about the club, when was the last time he showed any interest in the club? 

Just now, ziggyram59 said:

I get the impression Morris couldn't give a damn about the club, when was the last time he showed any interest in the club? 

There are 2 parties that would suffer from going into administration.

1 - Derby County Football Club would end up with a point deduction

2 - I will let you work out who would suffer from any financial hit.

If MM did not give a damn about the club I'm not sure he would have kept on covering the wage bill. Perhaps you could offer to step into his shoes to show how much of a damn you give about the club?

Anyway, I will try again, do you understand the implications of going into administration and how do you think MM would benefit from it?

So it looks like Alonso hasn’t been completely open with his intentions and this would be a leveraged buy out as opposed to a cash deal. Doesn’t mean he can’t complete the deal but it is isn’t ideal and could expose us to further risk down the line. Gut feeling says we probably don’t want him.

Where I’m struggling to join the dots is then some people have taken this to mean Mel is going to plunge the club into administration because he won’t fund us anymore. That is some leap!! This has not been mentioned anywhere, the same people were saying oh we’re not going to pay players wages through to the end of the season!! Players had one month without pay as funds weren’t in place due to the first takeover expecting to go through - there has not been one single problem since. It’s this blind baseless negativity that does my head in.

Takeover could be off (we probably want it to be off) but I’m not going to jump to make accusations that Mel is going put us into administration as they would have no foundation. And as for the club losing money - because Mel is trying to sell the club, because we have Wayne Rooney we are attracting the negative publicity - many more clubs in this division are losing money hand over fist during the pandemic.

We desperately need enough vaccinated to remove all social distancing restrictions to ensure the stadium is open for business again as one of our main sources of revenues both ticket sales and corporate hospitality.

Efl investigated Derby over what happened with Mel and his handling of raising finance using the club, they didn't approve but lost the case.

Now efl are investigating alonso over his plans for Derby, which according to the Mail, might involve refinancing the club.

Why would efl sanction something like that by allowing Alonso to pass the fit and proper director test if it involves refinancing the club.