20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

Given Sabri was one of their owners longest ever tenured managers, just being there in a years time should be his first objective. 

Listening to Radio Nottingham, which is always the most overtly positive commentary ever (especially compared to our negative one), you’d think they’d hired Jurgen Klopp. The tonguing Hughton is getting is nauseating. 

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Given Sabri was one of their owners longest ever tenured managers, just being there in a years time should be his first objective. 

Listening to Radio Nottingham, which is always the most overtly positive commentary ever (especially compared to our negative one), you’d think they’d hired Jurgen Klopp. The tonguing Hughton is getting is nauseating. 

it is likely to be a good appointment though.  Would any of have objected if he was our next manager?

Just now, Spanish said:

it is likely to be a good appointment though.  Would any of have objected if he was our next manager?

Oh not saying that, just think the fornicating is a little ridiculous.

My genuine reaction if he had come here would be a bit lukewarm. Good track record, could well be a success... just something about him that's so dull it's hard to warm to.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Having witnessed some of the performances by his Brighton side the season he left, yes, yes I would...

As others have alluded to, he's the best they could've hoped for, and I have no doubt he'll steer them clear of trouble.

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Excellent appointment by Forest I’m sad to say. He will have them promoted within 2 seasons - just the kind of manager we needed.

You do nothing but moan about everything Derby do and then you are straight on here saying Forest have cracked it and will be promoted in the near future.

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Having witnessed some of the performances by his Brighton side the season he left, yes, yes I would...

As others have alluded to, he's the best they could've hoped for, and I have no doubt he'll steer them clear of trouble.

I think he is way up there as one of the best available managers and better than a lot currently in employment.  We will see how he goes in the abattoir that is Notts.  He has possibly been unemployed a little too long and that is all I can say as a negative

Edited by Spanish

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hughton would never have been a possibility whilst Mel was in charge.

He publicly spoke out about the regime at Derby, in fact I think he turned down the chance to manage us due to a meddling chairman.

If you do some digging I'm sure there is a news article out there somewhere.

Sad, I did'nt know that. Still it will be intresting to see how he does at Forest.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It might be good for us because all the youngsters in the East Midlands area will see that there is no route through to the first team at Forest.

In addition, Lamouchi and now Hughton are fairly defensive in their tactics. So....

Florist will be promoted within two years now. They should have made top six last year and will probably do so this year. Hughton will turn them round after three games. They have good players.

15 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Florist will be promoted within two years now. They should have made top six last year and will probably do so this year. Hughton will turn them round after three games. They have good players.

Anything's possible, but I'm not sure just adding Hughton is a sudden recipe for success for them. They haven't finished in the top 6 since 2010/11, and we should know better than anyone that being competitive one season doesn't mean that you'll necessarily be promoted in the following season or two. I don't see why Forest would be more of a favourite to get promoted soon than a dozen other clubs in this league. Are they significantly better than us? Or Blackburn? Or Bristol City? Or Watford, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Norwich, Swansea, etc., etc., etc......This is a tough league. Past 'success', where they didn't even finish in the playoffs, means nothing. We'll see though. It'll be interesting to see how he does, given all the issues they've got. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Does anyone ever stop to think there might just be three teams better than them?

According to the doomsayers on here Forest have been sitting on a squad that sounds like it's capable of qualifying for Europe. Only a matter of time before they are challenging the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal for CL places.