20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, on tonights showing, both of us are destined for midtable drudgery this season, both teams having enough to move well clear of the bottom three but both a bit meh and not likely to be bothering the prem any time soon.

I think you are being a bit generous to them. We were still mostly toothless, but we looked like prime Brazil compared to most of their turgid display.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think you are being a bit generous to them. We were still mostly toothless, but we looked like prime Brazil compared to most of their turgid display.

Perhaps, blame the opening of the bottle of rum i brought home from tenerife several years ago. it was nine euros and it's err...smooth....

8 hours ago, GenBr said:

?‍♂️

Bit of an overreaction there. I think you may have edged it but our second half display was probably enough to justify a point

Two teams lacking in confidence .. Thats all I have to say really?

36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

?‍♂️

Bit of an overreaction there. I think you may have edged it but our second half display was probably enough to justify a point

Two teams lacking in confidence .. Thats all I have to say really?

You had a 20 minute spell in the second half where you looked good. First half you were awful - didn't create anything and if we could actually finish off our attacks you'd have been in major trouble.

Without Knockaert you didnt look like doing anything, but he did make you look threatening. After that brief spell it was basically all Derby again and you only managed a point because of poor officiating

Hughton hasn't had many games yet though - will wait and see if he can turn things around.

Derby deserved the win no question. Better team first half and in the last 15-20 mins, created the better chances, scored 2 perfectly good goals and forest’s goal shouldn’t have stood, if not disallowed for offside then for the foul on Davies where he had his shirt pulled. Still we’ll take that, we needed a performance and a point at the City Ground is always a good point. Forest fans can argue it’s payback for Chrissy Martin’s robbery in the last game.

Gumps' Grosicki appeal rejected. They're not happy, the club statement saying:

"We believe it is a matter of significant regret that the board exercised its discretion against us and the player when it could have done the opposite. In particular we do not believe the board's decision was the product of the type of governance needed to enable the EFL to flourish and to provide the fans with a vibrant competition.

"Judging by the numerous expressions of private support that we have received from other Championship rivals we believe we are not alone in holding this view."

Lots of clubs have fallen foul of the deadline over the years, including us. If you allow paperwork to be a couple of minutes' late, what about five minutes? What if it's done within an hour, or all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed by the next day? Or maybe in time for the next fixture?

I think a deadline has to be a deadline.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Gumps' Grosicki appeal rejected. They're not happy, the club statement saying:

"We believe it is a matter of significant regret that the board exercised its discretion against us and the player when it could have done the opposite. In particular we do not believe the board's decision was the product of the type of governance needed to enable the EFL to flourish and to provide the fans with a vibrant competition.

"Judging by the numerous expressions of private support that we have received from other Championship rivals we believe we are not alone in holding this view."

Lots of clubs have fallen foul of the deadline over the years, including us. If you allow paperwork to be a couple of minutes' late, what about five minutes? What if it's done within an hour, or all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed by the next day? Or maybe in time for the next fixture?

I think a deadline has to be a deadline.

How many weeks was the transfer window open for? I don't understand why clubs leave it until the deadline to get transfers done in any case. They had ample time to get new players in; if they messed up that's their fault. It's not as if they're short of players!

tenor (3).gif

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Their excuse was that everything was completed 21(?) seconds past 17:00, believing that anything before 17:01 was acceptable. However, if I remember the rules correctly, everything has to be completed before 5pm (16:59:59 at the latest). I'm not surprised it was rejected.

Why on earth would you interpret a 5pm deadline as being anything before 5:01. That’s really stupid. I’ve never heard of a deadline working that way. They’ve got some ducking idiots working for them if that’s their excuse.