20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

21 hours ago, Coconut said:

Grabban may not produce 20 again, but he it's not like you need a 20 a season striker.

They'll just sign another couple of forwards if needed, nothing stopping them, probably bring in Anthony Knobhard too, in the next window.

Jerome didn't join us until the second half of the sesson..

made a move to get him on loan today it seems

1 hour ago, JfR said:

How many managers at this level have managed 3 different promotions with 3 different teams? Warnock has, obviously, but I can't think of anyone else.

I thought he had two. Well one and a half as Newcastle had a team stuffed with multi million pound players. 

Paul Jewell did as well as that.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

How many managers at this level have managed 3 different promotions with 3 different teams? Warnock has, obviously, but I can't think of anyone else.

Well Hughton isn't in that group either is he? He managed promotion with the most expensive side ever assembled in the Championship  with Newcastle and then again with Brighton. As far as I am aware he hasn't got anyone else promoted.

Our own Jim Smith got 3 teams to promoted to the top tier.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought he had two. Well one and a half as Newcastle had a team stuffed with multi million pound players. 

Paul Jewell did as well as that.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Well Hughton isn't in that group either is he? He managed promotion with the most expensive side ever assembled in the Championship  with Newcastle and then again with Brighton. As far as I am aware he hasn't got anyone else promoted.

Our own Jim Smith got 3 teams to promoted to the top tier.

Yeah, Hughton has two. I was asking because I was hoping that there would be an overwhelming lack of managers managing it 3 times with 3 teams and so that precedent would suggest it's unlikely to happen with Hughton. 

48 minutes ago, JfR said:

Yeah, Hughton has two. I was asking because I was hoping that there would be an overwhelming lack of managers managing it 3 times with 3 teams and so that precedent would suggest it's unlikely to happen with Hughton. 

I see - well guess I'm in the same boat. Took him 3 years at Brighton though - the Red Dogs have only had one manager last more than 3 years since the great Brian and he was the guy immediately after him. If his impact isn't immediate he's going to have to be looking to break a pattern going back 25 years. I wish him the best of luck

14 hours ago, Jayram said:

Nothing but moan? It’s called having an opinion - I think Hughton is a superb appointment for the Red Dogs and will do for them what he did for Brighton, because he’s good at getting the best out of the players he has and getting out of this division.
And yeah, I’m on the right forum thanks; I’ve supported this club for nearly 40 years and spent thousands of pounds travelling around the country following them, which entitles me to an opinion. Or are you going to tell me to ‘go and follow that lot down the A52’ - that seems to be the insult of choice aimed at those of us who aren’t convinced by Cocu.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and nobody has stated that you are not. We disagree on pretty much everything it seems, no harm done. 

The only thing I'll add is that the amount of time and money spent following the club doesn't give your opinion any more weight that anyone else's. 

Our opinions on here are all equally irrelevant in the grand scheme. 

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and nobody has stated that you are not. We disagree on pretty much everything it seems, no harm done. 

The only thing I'll add is that the amount of time and money spent following the club doesn't give your opinion any more weight that anyone else's. 

Our opinions on here are all equally irrelevant in the grand scheme. 

Regarding your second paragraph I didn’t mean to suggest my opinion held more weight than anyone else’s, more that I’m not having my loyalty or support for the Rams questioned just because I’m not a Cocu fan and because I think Forest have made an excellent managerial appointment. 
We are both Rams fans and want the best for the club but we’ll have to agree to disagree over whether Cocu is the right man.