20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

David

Just now, Augustus said:

Our academy has been the consistent positive coming from the club over the past 20 years. It's up for debate whether the purpose of the academy is to produce a constant flow of players for the first team or players who can be sold for big money that keeps the club going. 

Forests ticks both boxes really. It has probably brought in £70/80m in revenue over that time and has produced loads of players for the first team. Worrall will be the next one sold I imagine.

That doesn’t point to a good academy, it’s points to an incredible salesmen. They’ve made some serious dollar on some products that are really not worth half the amount. 

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That doesn’t point to a good academy, it’s points to an incredible salesmen. They’ve made some serious dollar on some products that are really not worth half the amount. 

Depends I suppose, at the point of sale the players had generally had a good amount of first team experience and clearly had plenty of potential. In some cases they haven't turned out to be the players we thought they would but that's life. Similarly I would say the same about Will Hughes who I had years ago as a potential England player of the future.

I would've had Oliver Burke as someone who would light the Premier League up when he first came through but that just hasn't happened. On the flipside I would never have said Wes Morgan would've been able to play top flight football nevermind win the thing as captain and play in the Champions League.

4 hours ago, Augustus said:

Depends I suppose, at the point of sale the players had generally had a good amount of first team experience and clearly had plenty of potential. In some cases they haven't turned out to be the players we thought they would but that's life. Similarly I would say the same about Will Hughes who I had years ago as a potential England player of the future.

I would've had Oliver Burke as someone who would light the Premier League up when he first came through but that just hasn't happened. On the flipside I would never have said Wes Morgan would've been able to play top flight football nevermind win the thing as captain and play in the Champions League.

He certainly wouldn't have, if he'd stayed at Forest

On 27/05/2021 at 15:45, Augustus said:

Our academy has been the consistent positive coming from the club over the past 20 years. It's up for debate whether the purpose of the academy is to produce a constant flow of players for the first team or players who can be sold for big money that keeps the club going. 

Forests ticks both boxes really. It has probably brought in £70/80m in revenue over that time and has produced loads of players for the first team. Worrall will be the next one sold I imagine. Or Mighten.

Over the last 6/7 years alone we've produced and then sold Bamford, Appiah, Brereton, Burke, Osborn, Cash, Darlow and Lascelles. And then you add in the golden generation of the late 90s, early 00s and it's one of the most prolific academies in the country this century.

Perhaps you should try keeping some of them then....

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It didn't happen in the end.  Too big, apparently.  

EFL, they're coming for you. 

Seriously whats the holdup? They found you guilty three weeks ago. 

Surely a fine is incoming, can't see points reduction. They'll bottle it. 

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

As the EFL announced their appeal to the original outcome at the last moment, then the result of the appeal after the last game had finished, I can see them announcing the punishment today at 16:45 just before the playoff final finishes.

40 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As the EFL announced their appeal to the original outcome at the last moment, then the result of the appeal after the last game had finished, I can see them announcing the punishment today at 16:45 just before the playoff final finishes.

Who says post-season has to be boring 

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

They’re waiting for that bloke from the Bristol City forum to conclude his report and recommendations for our punishment. 

On 28/05/2021 at 16:22, shepshedram said:

Perhaps you should try keeping some of them then....

Unfortunately the rest of the club has been a shambles for about 20 years so needs must, but yes what a side it could've been if we'd kept them all.