20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hughton probably needs 12 months to do his stuff.

He’ll be lucky to get 12 games with how quickly they’ve turned on their most successful manager for nearly a decade.

Well he had over a full season, even after one of the worst collapses in British football history. 

I'd say thats a definite improvement.. 

On 07/10/2020 at 15:00, Jourdan said:

I don’t get the snobbery around Hughton saying he is boring and his teams are boring to watch.

In the Championship, he strikes an excellent balance and understands what works. He is a winner at this level. Is winning boring?

His teams are strong defensively - typically conceding an average of less than 1 goal a game - and they score goals too. His teams have routinely scored 70 goals or more across the season in this division.

Even his Birmingham side spearheaded by Marlon King scored 78 goals that year!

For comparison, we have only done that three times in the recent past - twice with McClaren, and once with Rowett!

His teams are usually full of pace, power, physicality, athleticism and experience - everything we have been crying out for all summer.

I don’t get it.

Where on earth do thou get snobbery from? It's opinion - nothing else.

Can they hurry up and get tinker in another game so we can go back to taking the kids and not arguing about whether or not Hughton will be successful there. 

this isn’t the ‘pat forest on the back for making an astute appointment’ thread, it’s the ‘take the piss out of the poo show that got them into the position where they had to sack their manager after just 4 games after letting him buy two team’s worth of players’ thread. 

don’t get distracted by the one relatively sensible decision in a long list of disastrous ones. Like a trump supporter saying he’s done a good job on Corona cos he stopped a Chinese person flying into the country that one time. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

don’t get distracted by the one relatively sensible decision in a long list of disastrous ones

Only time will tell if it's a senible decision. I get the feeling that it will be Hughton questioning his own decision making before long.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Signing Knockeart 

They're getting despirate now.

They must be sick with envy after CKR signed with us.

Hughton has the cards stacked against him already and the pressure will be on more as Wednesday close the gap to 0 points.

What's happened to the nobel club Ian Wright once described as "a sea of puss"? They're in danger of becoming respectable, which is not really the point of nottingham forest. However, the owner has the makings of a good "poundshop Bond villain" so lets see how things play out.

Signing Knockaert and Grosicki tomorrow by the sounds of it 

Hughton showing why he’s a standout manager in this league already and more importantly using his contacts from his previous clubs to sign good players, never understood why we haven’t utilised Phillips little black

begrudgingly brilliant signings for Forest, Knockaert is easily in the top 5 best players in this league 

28 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He was about 3 4 years ago. Really not sold on it myself.

And hes a cheat

He’s quality at this level and still only 28, I thought he was at least 30.

Hughton will take you up within 2 seasons if you give him the time 

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Signing Knockaert and Grosicki tomorrow by the sounds of it 

Hughton showing why he’s a standout manager in this league already and more importantly using his contacts from his previous clubs to sign good players, never understood why we haven’t utilised Phillips little black

begrudgingly brilliant signings for Forest, Knockaert is easily in the top 5 best players in this league 

These players were lined up before Hughton was anywhere near the club. 

Edited by ossieram