20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

David

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I'd like to be the first to offer our neighbours a friendly handshake, and best wishes for the coming season.

... I'd like to, but I just can't bring myself to do it, the six fingered, in-bred, gun toting, pink seated, calendar hoarding, pie fighters! 

You could've just said "sorry, covid safe elbow bump only"

12 hours ago, David said:

New season 

Not sure they can afford to sack him running a 36 Million wage bill, overall operating costs of 61 mill and a net transfer spend of 24 mill over the last 2 and a half years. Another 5 mill in transfer fees due to paid this summer for split transfer payments over three -four years.

I think there in worse crap than us. 

Cash is a good player, but he’s not Prem class for me. God knows how there’s so much interest in him. 10m seems a fair offer, but with a bidding war they might actually make real big money out of one of their prospects. Maybe we should try that once in a while instead of flogging them to Watford for a bag of crisps and half a pack of hobnobs.

4 hours ago, David said:

Would love to know how those lot can attract bids like these for your average Championship joes. £5m would have been a generous offer.

Cash has been very good this season. I always thought he was quite a underwhelming midfielder, but took the change to RB like a duck to water. I think Sheffield United being interested makes a lot of sense considering how they play - would be a great move for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Colback might be a thug, but he’s bloody good at what he does. That’s an excellent signing for Forest. It won’t be pretty, but him and Sow in midfield is a seriously impressive partnership for the style of football they play. Probably as good a midfield for the poohouse style of play as Bird and Bielik will hopefully be for a possession based style of play.

Edited by Millenniumram

On 02/08/2020 at 23:32, Ambitious said:

Cash has been very good this season. I always thought he was quite a underwhelming midfielder, but took the change to RB like a duck to water. I think Sheffield United being interested makes a lot of sense considering how they play - would be a great move for him. 

All i heard last season from Forest fans I know was . O' Neills clueless . He's never a fullback, he's rubbish in  midfield.  Seems they've changed there tune and the dinosaur O'Neill perhaps did know what he was doing.