20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

12 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Hughton is a good appointment.

I’m getting the feeling that lamouchi wasn’t involved in any of these transfers though, feel like he’s told who’s been signed/sold, hence the sacking after the window. 

Absolutely. There is a method to their madness. 

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what? like when birdshit lands on your windscreen?

I havent seen the statement. How is it Brutal?

"Nottingham Forest can confirm that the contract of head coach Sabri Lamouchi has been terminated with immediate effect."

That's it.  Word for word.  Earlier, there was a link to "Read the full article".  I clicked the link, and this is what the full article showed...

"Nottingham Forest can confirm that the contract of head coach Sabri Lamouchi has been terminated with immediate effect."

I kid you not!   ?

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

That's it.  Word for word.  Earlier, there was a link to "Read the full article".  I clicked the link, and this is what the full article showed...

I kid you not!   ?

they just ooze class!

Although this is an annoyingly decent appointment I'm comforting myself with the thought that some of their recent managers have also arrived with a good reputation (e.g. O'Neill, Karanka, Warburton, even Pearce) and they've still achieved the square root of FA there. Time will tell. Here's hoping for anything between utter mediocrity and abject failure ?

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Is it just me who's not enamoured with Hughton?

Old fashioned 4-4-2, relies on pacy wingers and two up top. He's a Big Sam wannabe, and I'm not sure he has the personnel at Forest to get it working.

I'm not at all enamoured with Hughton, and wouldn't want him here.

But

That's Forest promoted, sadly.

With the squad they've assembled, the amount of poo they've thrown at the wall,  I can't see how it's possible that any experienced Championship manager, especially one who's whole thing is that he plays every single aspect of 'percentage football' to a high level, not to get them up.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, Coconut said:

But

With the squad they've assembled, the amount of poo they've thrown at the wall,  I can't see how it's possible that any experienced Championship manager, especially one who's whole thing is that he's he plays every single aspect of 'percentage foorltball' to a high level, not to get them up.

I'll have a decent bet it's not. One dinosaur replacing another, just wait until he gets them lapping Wollaton Park for the moaning to start.

If he makes Easter I'll be surprised.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can't get rid of one player we don't want (Zoon). Come January Forest will need to get rid of about twenty. 

Maybe Olympiakos will be interested? I suspect they have a pretty serious scouting department in Nottingham.

I find it amazing that so many players move between Forest and Olympiakos and also Watford and Udinese - it's such a coincidence!

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

But

With the squad they've assembled, the amount of poo they've thrown at the wall,  I can't see how it's possible that any experienced Championship manager, especially one who's whole thing is that he plays every single aspect of 'percentage football' to a high level, not to get them up.

Not enough goals in that team. I'm sure they'll be able to tighten up at the back, but they're not getting up any time soon with that forward line.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

anyone looked on the Forest forum? Wondering how they feel about the lack of respect shown to Lamouchi.

Unfortunately living in Nottingham I get all the local newsfeeds on my FB account. The consensus seems to be that it showed an absolute lack of respect given that they really should have got into the playoffs last season which is an amazing achievement by their standards.