20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I didn't think Jerome was too bad, and it was Vydra's top scorer season. 

Grabban may not produce 20 again, but he it's not like you need a 20 a season striker.

They'll just sign another couple of forwards if needed, nothing stopping them, probably bring in Anthony Knobhard too, in the next window.

Jerome didn't join us until the second half of the sesson..

Edited by Coconut

22 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Is it just me who's not enamoured with Hughton?

Old fashioned 4-4-2, relies on pacy wingers and two up top. He's a Big Sam wannabe, and I'm not sure he has the personnel at Forest to get it working.

He's got about 80 players in his squad there - he must have the right personnel somewhere in there. Window isn't closed yet though he could always bring some more in!

I don't think I'd enjoy watching his style of play, but his sides still tend to score a lot. When they were promoted they were only outscored by the most expensive team in Championship history and a couple of parachute teams. However he has managed to get teams out of this division before, which is more than can be said for any of the managers we've had since Billy Davies. I don't think he will get the time he needs at the Gumps though.

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Grabban may not produce 20 again, but he it's not like you need a 20 a season striker.

They'll just sign another couple of forwards if needed, nothing stopping them, probably bring in Anthony Knobhard too, in the next window.

Jerome didn't join us until the second half of the sesson..

He's been really rubbish for the last few months. I've not seen him have a good game in a long time. Lyle Taylor seems to offer little too. 

27 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Maybe Olympiakos will be interested? I suspect they have a pretty serious scouting department in Nottingham.

I find it amazing that so many players move between Forest and Olympiakos and also Watford and Udinese - it's such a coincidence!

Yet Forest fans will still sit there hypocriticaly pontificating over what we do in regards to FFP. If the EFL want to go looking for clubs fudging FFP Forest and Watford would be a good place to start. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, matty1986 said:

Good manager.

Surprised he took a year (or more) out of the game, presumably turning down a few decent offers along the way, only to take that job.

He simply won't be given the time.

Maybe some clubs turned him down? ?

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Surprisingly good appointment for Forest.

If they sign a quality winger, they could be back in business.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the play off spots by the end of 2020.

Hughton gets this division.

He finished 20th in his first season at Brighton. He ain't getting near the playoffs with this mess. 

Edited by Andicis

Just now, Andicis said:

He finished 20th at his first season in Brighton. He ain't getting near the playoffs with this mess. 

I would agree with you if he was coming in after 20-25 games like he did at Brighton.

But he has 42 games to play. He has two weeks before his first game. He has two weeks and January to bring in any other players he needs.

McClaren got a reaction out of our team and got them working well very quickly after Pearson left.

Why would Hughton - an experienced and accomplished manager at this level - be incapable of doing the same?

Forest have the bones of a decent squad there - one we didn’t lay a glove on over three games last year.

Tbf to Hughton, yes he finished 20th with Brighton in 14/15 but he took over on December 31st, so halfway through the season. In his first full season he finished 3rd. As much as I hate to say it, it's a decent appointment and providing he lasts until the end of the season (never know with their owner) he'll probably do well with them next season.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I would agree with you if he was coming in after 20-25 games like he did at Brighton.

But he has 42 games to play. He has two weeks before his first game. He has two weeks and January to bring in any other players he needs.

McClaren got a reaction out of our team and got them working well very quickly after Pearson left.

Why would Hughton - an experienced and accomplished manager at this level - be incapable of doing the same?

Forest have the bones of a decent squad there - one we didn’t lay a glove on over three games last year.

Regarding us not laying a glove, one was in the cup where we threw the kids out, the away league game was before we'd gotten our poo together and we still should have got a point, and in the last one we did get a point. 

I can't imagine Forest have much more room in that squad to bring in anyone. Hughton's experienced and accomplished, but I honestly don't believe they have a good squad. They're full of mediocre and average poo that needs sorting through. 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Is it just me who's not enamoured with Hughton?

Old fashioned 4-4-2, relies on pacy wingers and two up top. He's a Big Sam wannabe, and I'm not sure he has the personnel at Forest to get it working.

Every formation has a reliance on something 

we rely on a focal point and bodies who can not only get in and around the front man but supplement with goals .... we are currently out of both Through injury and being unable to land our transfer targets hence why we’re struggling 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Regarding us not laying a glove, one was in the cup where we threw the kids out, the away league game was before we'd gotten our poo together and we still should have got a point, and in the last one we did get a point. 

I can't imagine Forest have much more room in that squad to bring in anyone. Hughton's experienced and accomplished, but I honestly don't believe they have a good squad. They're full of mediocre and average poo that needs sorting through. 

So is pretty much every club in the championship lol ... that’s why we’re all here?

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Forest had taken six points off us last season, it would have been totally deserved. In the game at PP in particular, they were far better and should have been out of sight before we got that fortuitous equaliser.

They also played a weakened side too in the League Cup. They were missing five first team regulars. 

How good does a squad need to be to prosper in the Championship? Hughton just needs to get them organised, well drilled, motivated and playing to their strengths and it will go a long way.

But let’s see.

21 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

As an aside, that kind of statistic shows permanent change doesn’t really deliver results and it’s refreshing we are at least giving our Manager time

2 hours ago, matty1986 said:

Good manager.

Surprised he took a year (or more) out of the game, presumably turning down a few decent offers along the way, only to take that job.

He simply won't be given the time.

That’s the surprising bit, you would have thought his track record was good enough to be offered other roles, so why jump at the cluster***k that is Marinakis’s revolving door; given his impatience he will need to deliver.

My slight pessimistic fear is a result against us will buy a degree of time. On the other hand a loss and average form, I can easily see the pressure mounting, as like others mention he really took some time at Brighton and all those players are going to be a motivational challenge, if anything poor results will increase the likelihood to tinker with his 3 team squad.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

As an aside, that kind of statistic shows permanent change doesn’t really deliver results and it’s refreshing we are at least giving our Manager time

That’s the surprising bit, you would have thought his track record was good enough to be offered other roles, so why jump at the cluster***k that is Marinakis’s revolving door; given his impatience he will need to deliver.

Saying that we've changed managers once a season since 2015 and still managed to be into the playoffs a number of times which is more than Forest have ever achieved.