Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

13 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The stats at the end of the game are incredible, but has anyone got the first and second half stats? Surely they had more possession in the first half? In the second half I can hardly remember them having the ball for more than a few seconds. Having said that I missed most of the first half and just after switching on Owen Bradley said that Oxford had won their first corner, a few minutes later we won I think our ninth!

We were at the game and checked the BBC stats at half time. We had 68% possession in the first half. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

… and the lady in the light blue coat who clearly an Oxford fan, having been unable to take her seat with the home fans, thought ‘They seem a lovely bunch, I’ll sneak in here, they won’t notice’. 
Sneaking Out Betty Cooper GIF by Lili Reinhart

That's Helen (Honeybun Ram!) Goes to every game, home and away.

11 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

If I am remembering correctly we were at about 68% possession in the first half

5 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

We were at the game and checked the BBC stats at half time. We had 68% possession in the first half. 

So we "only" had 64% possession in the second half, yet scored more goals. Thereby proving that possession based football is useless!

Well that performance last night was an absolute tonic to me after a dreadful Christmas (my dad is terminally ill and has been in hospital throughout Xmas). I wasn't going to go , even though the Kassam Stadium is less than 2 miles away from where I live but my family persuaded me to so I went and apart from that first 15 minutes I had the best away day I've had for years. That second half performance was brilliant; relentless attacking pressure that blew Oxford away. The Rams fans last night were also amazing; you wouldn't have known we were the team 2-0 down. I couldn't speak at the final whistle from all the singing!

Its nights like that that make following this club so special. After what has been a rough few weeks personally I really needed that experience last night. 

COYR

Edited by Jayram

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If it carried on in the same vein as the first 15 mins it could have been, with the quality going forward that Oxford possess. Maybe no one should post at all until the game has concluded then if that makes you happy?

There is a little bit of context you seem to have forgotten about...that you post negative moaning early on in every single match!

50 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Oxfords tactic of bringing off their attackers for defenders and defending their lead didnt work well for them. If you remove your own threat youre simply inviting the opposition to attack you, you normaly have to have a well drilled defence, to defened for a full 45 minitues.  

The guy in front of me was screaming at their manager about this. I think we absolutely harried them with our press and forced them to give us possession but they had absolutely no out ball. Very naive I thought but happy they took that approach!

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Can't help my little downer, given the obvious absentee from those scenes, as this was what he lived for.
... But hey... we know he's up there.  We know he's still watching.  We know he's still bouncing.

He'll not be resting in any sort of peace just yet a while... He'll be friggin' buzzin'.  His spirt lives on.

🐏🤍

Fabulous.

I think my favourite bit of the post is the highlighted B4ism.

Just caught up on the match thread after getting in rather late and not getting much sleep as my head was buzzing all night! Well what a night! Much has been said of the match so I just want to take an emotional view. So proud of the players for sticking to the task and getting what they fully deserved. So proud of the fans for sticking with the team. Absolutely loved the continuous rendition of "We are Derby, Super Rams", so much more supportive of the team than than a song about a totally unimportant ex forest player, let's keep this up! The scenes after the third goal, I hope everyone came out unscathed! The scenes at the end, with practically the whole team starting the bounce, such togetherness. The poor Oxford fans who have the misfortune of having the missing stand at the away end so they get the full force of taunts from the away fans as they leave the ground 🤭. Oh and getting stuck in the car park til 10.45pm, but not caring one bit! COYR!

54 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The stats at the end of the game are incredible, but has anyone got the first and second half stats? Surely they had more possession in the first half?

An exhilarating win like that can play tricks on the mind. We were good after their first but otherwise Oxford looked dangerous in the first half and our midfield did not dominate. Would be interesting to know what their ‘plan’ was in the second half. They seemed to sit back and allow us to play which was a lousy strategy given their inability to defend against good crossing. To our credit we took great advantage. 

The most encouraging for me is that we’ve seen 2 games against decent sides where Warne has out managed his oppo. I confess I wouldn’t have predicted that. 

There’s been a lot written about the Jan window. For my money, I’d be perfectly happy if we simply didn’t lose anyone. Cashin is surely irreplaceable in this league and Bird’s contribution is massively underrated, at least when he is playing deep. JJ and Tommo if they stay fit give us what we’re missing. 

Why does Collins repeatedly and deliberately handle the ball? If anyone scored against us like that we would be incandescent (with rage). Shameful

Couldn’t work out why JoeW wasn’t employing his silky time-wasting skills at 3-2 - until I remembered he was on a yellow. He’s canny - as we saw in the dying minutes against Wigan. We should remember that, before naively whingeing about time wasting by the oppo 

Our walls are far from impervious. Wildsmith’s save from the second, low-hit fk was superb. Like Keanu Reeves catching a bullet. Why don’t we have someone lying down in the wall so that we have cover when they all jump wincingly, covering their baubles? 

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fairly certain Bradley threw himself into a block/tackle late on when their striker was about 12 yards out with our goal at his mercy. No matter the current run of results, that Bradley has played his part in, some seem hung up on the early errors he made in a Rams shirt. 

Is he in the pinyatta thread 😂

2 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

I get a bit bored with all the Bradley comments.  My missus says "watch out" every time he comes on FFS.  We're in League One.  He made a mistake in his first game for us and made a nervous start after that.  Did people expect us to sign players that never make mistakes?  We're incredibly lucky to have the back four that we do, at least two of them are too good for this level. But even they make mistakes.  We conceded two goals in the first 15 minutes yesterday.  Were none of our defenders at fault at all for either goal?  It's always Bradley that's on the receiving end of the negativity though.  I don't see it.  He hasn't done anything wrong for some time now.  

Jeez it’s been a funny few days , I assumed blondest goat was a lady 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, hales300k said:

Sad to hear about the dimwit with the laser pen , amongst such brilliant support in the away end last night , we dunna need it ! Can see some green dots on the "limbs" video on page 41 of this thread , great win ,great night , bring on the Posh , COYRs

I picked that up, too, from the Oxford forum. This sort of thing should be stamped out ASAP. It could have serious implications with you know who.

Points deduction incoming? It doesn't take much to rouse them from their slumbers

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Our walls are far from impervious. Wildsmith’s save from the second, low-hit fk was superb. Like Keanu Reeves catching a bullet. Why don’t we have someone lying down in the wall so that we have cover when they all jump wincingly, covering their baubles? 

Wildsmith has received criticism on here for his part in their 2 goals, but it seems to have been forgotten, his great save and hold, to deny two lurking strikers, to stop us going 3 down, a key moment in the match.

Regarding the lying down for opposition free kicks, have the opposition ever tried this, this season, never mind actually score from one? The player lying down is probably better used either standing in the wall or marking someone.