Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

The stats at the end of the game are incredible, but has anyone got the first and second half stats? Surely they had more possession in the first half? In the second half I can hardly remember them having the ball for more than a few seconds. Having said that I missed most of the first half and just after switching on Owen Bradley said that Oxford had won their first corner, a few minutes later we won I think our ninth!

We had 68% possession first half 

After all the emotion of coming from 2-0 down its worth noting how poor Oxford were and they are somehow in the top six - sure they lost their manager and have a few injuries ( similar to us) - let’s try to not give more sides silly head starts can we. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Wildsmith has received criticism on here for his part in their 2 goals, but it seems to have been forgotten, his great save and hold, to deny two lurking strikers, to stop us going 3 down, a key moment in the match.

Regarding the lying down for opposition free kicks, have the opposition ever tried this, this season, never mind actually score from one? The player lying down is probably better used either standing in the wall or marking someone.

It’s not been forgotten. I openly criticised him for conceding the penalty (and I’m pretty sure he’d freely accept that criticism) but that doesn’t mean I don’t recognise the good things he did last night. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

After all the emotion of coming from 2-0 down its worth noting how poor Oxford were and they are somehow in the top six - sure they lost their manager and have a few injuries ( similar to us) - let’s try to not give more sides silly head starts can we. 

Oxford weren’t very good but I also think it’s worth recognising that we didn’t allow them to play much better. As was said by one poster on the Oxford forum, we were relentless.

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair they have more injuries to key players than we do and a smaller squad.

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps I’ll have to rewatch the whole game as, after one live viewing, your comments feel a bit harsh to me. I don’t recall feeling any nervousness or concern about his game tonight. It could be any dodgy moments were perhaps down to a change in formation (more exposed at the back?) as time was running out and we had to commit even more to attack?

It’s true about him ducking under a couple of high balls….one particular one when he seemed to not relish the challenge and was easily beaten in the air… Cash scrambling back to clear near the line- but succeeding in winning a goal kick…  

surprised me- that was supposed to be his strength…. Leftover from the bang on the nose last game maybe ????

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

It’s true about him ducking under a couple of high balls….one particular one when he seemed to not relish the challenge and was easily beaten in the air… Cash scrambling back to clear near the line- but succeeding in winning a goal kick…  

surprised me- that was supposed to be his strength…. Leftover from the bang on the nose last game maybe ????

No..ive noticed this every time he plays..he does duck under the ball...totally the opposite to what i expected!

One thing that really impressed me last night was the celebration of the first two goal scorers. Fozzy quickly ran back to his own half, waving his arms to say "come on, get into position and let's go again". Thompson raced to retrieve the ball from the net to carry it back to the centre spot, almost pushing Bird out of the way in the process. Both seemed to be saying "come on, we're going to win this". Having said that, I enjoyed the celebration for Cashin's goal more 🥰

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

That's what I mean. I said that I wasn't that impressed, not that he was terrible.

I still haven't got it out of my head that I was expecting Bradley to be a colossus and he's ok, but not much more than that for me.

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

For the statos out there, when was the last time the 🐏 had 19 corners in an away game 🤔😊🐏

Our previous best in the League this season was also against Oxford (15), also hitting double digits in one other game - Wigan (11). We also hit double digits in both FA Cup games against Crewe, with 13 in the original tie and 11 in the replay.

Warne must like Oxford for some reason, because his best last season was also against then (11), whilst we had 13 against Fleetwood under Rosenior. I can't be bothered to check further back.

I believe 25 is the EFL record.