Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

47 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Lovely video of the post match scenes 😊 

Particularly like the pleasant chap in the white hoody and glasses in the foreground who waves in such a friendly manner to the opposition fans, at least I think he’s waving 🤔 🤣 

You kind of get the impression that Kane Wilson loves it here. He and Sibley enjoyed a lovely dance together at the end. I like it when Derby win. I really like it when we win and play good football battering the opposition. I especially like it when when we win, playing good football and battering the opposition whilst coming from two goals behind to score a late winner. 

They docked us 21 points …

🐏🐏🐏

50 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Particularly like the pleasant chap in the white hoody and glasses in the foreground who waves in such a friendly manner to the opposition fans, at least I think he’s waving 🤔 🤣 

… and the lady in the light blue coat who clearly an Oxford fan, having been unable to take her seat with the home fans, thought ‘They seem a lovely bunch, I’ll sneak in here, they won’t notice’. 
Sneaking Out Betty Cooper GIF by Lili Reinhart

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Cash and Thommo at the end there....

Edited by Crewton

Stupid challenge for the penalty. 2nd goal, their player was looking for contact, felt it and went down, a "manufactured" free kick. Then Wildsmith set the wall to cover his right hand post and took the left himself. Beaten on that very post. He was flawless after that. Last 30 of the first half we were the better side and it was a question of when, not if, we would score. It was a surprise that our 1st came so late in the half. They were suspect on crosses and we exploited that 2nd half, pinning them inside their own half for what felt like 40 of the 45 minutes and deservedly got 2 more goals to win the game. Tommo scored with a header, I wonder what the odds on that were?  Cash got the winner and 3 points in the bag. That's now 2 very accomplished performances on the trot. A 3rd similar one against Posh on Monday should see us as serious promotion candidates along with Pompey and Bolton. Same XI 2 games running, Warne's on hatttick... Will the 3rd go in? Based on his track record, there will be changes. We troubled them down the right and had them in absolute knots down the left. More of the same, come Monday, and we're on our way...

37 minutes ago, SKRam said:

… and the lady in the light blue coat who clearly an Oxford fan, having been unable to take her seat with the home fans, thought ‘They seem a lovely bunch, I’ll sneak in here, they won’t notice’. 
Sneaking Out Betty Cooper GIF by Lili Reinhart

She might just have had a disability or mobility problems 😊

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps I’ll have to rewatch the whole game as, after one live viewing, your comments feel a bit harsh to me. I don’t recall feeling any nervousness or concern about his game tonight. It could be any dodgy moments were perhaps down to a change in formation (more exposed at the back?) as time was running out and we had to commit even more to attack?

I get a bit bored with all the Bradley comments.  My missus says "watch out" every time he comes on FFS.  We're in League One.  He made a mistake in his first game for us and made a nervous start after that.  Did people expect us to sign players that never make mistakes?  We're incredibly lucky to have the back four that we do, at least two of them are too good for this level. But even they make mistakes.  We conceded two goals in the first 15 minutes yesterday.  Were none of our defenders at fault at all for either goal?  It's always Bradley that's on the receiving end of the negativity though.  I don't see it.  He hasn't done anything wrong for some time now.  

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I get a bit bored with all the Bradley comments.  My missus says "watch out" every time he comes on FFS.  We're in League One.  He made a mistake in his first game for us and made a nervous start after that.  Did people expect us to sign players that never make mistakes?  We're incredibly lucky to have the back four that we do, at least two of them are too good for this level. But even they make mistakes.  We conceded two goals in the first 15 minutes yesterday.  Were none of our defenders at fault at all for either goal?  It's always Bradley that's on the receiving end of the negativity though.  I don't see it.  He hasn't done anything wrong for some time now.  

I’m in full agreement with you on this one.
Last night Wildsmith gave away a very poor penalty in my opinion, rash to rush off his line, left himself exposed (ooo matron), then had a choice to make to either shepherd the player away from goal or take him out….silly. But he won’t be ridiculed and derided for it like Ward has been for his recent brain farts, and the same for Bradley since those early fixtures.

He’s come on in plenty of games as part of this unbeaten/winning run and helped us get over the line. His introduction and the subsequent tactical change of shape last night helped us get the win.

They’re doing their jobs as part of a squad to help the club get back up the league, I will never understand the need for people to scapegoat players relentlessly. 

The stats at the end of the game are incredible, but has anyone got the first and second half stats? Surely they had more possession in the first half? In the second half I can hardly remember them having the ball for more than a few seconds. Having said that I missed most of the first half and just after switching on Owen Bradley said that Oxford had won their first corner, a few minutes later we won I think our ninth!

Can’t believe what I witnessed last night, worst possible start , then total domination and brilliant end , celebrated into the early hours in Oxford, woke up this morning with a banging head and no voice but it was all worth it , love the players , management , the club and our wonderful fans , this was a massive win , Pompey we are coming for you COYR

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The stats at the end of the game are incredible, but has anyone got the first and second half stats? Surely they had more possession in the first half? In the second half I can hardly remember them having the ball for more than a few seconds. Having said that I missed most of the first half and just after switching on Owen Bradley said that Oxford had won their first corner, a few minutes later we won I think our ninth!

If I am remembering correctly we were at about 68% possession in the first half