Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The results have been very good for 9 games. Yhe performances excellent for the last 2, patchy before that. 

That’s true. But normally good results lead to increased confidence in the team which in turn leads to better performances. I think we are seeing that now

Having just watched the highlights...a few things to add.

1. The Penalty...having watched football since 1966, Played, Managed and refereed the game...I can put my hand on heart and say...it's one of the most obvious penalty's I've witnessed.

2. Cashin...wow what a cross for a centre back

3. Cashin...wow smashed his way for the goal

4. Cashin...wow his value must be £50million aint that right B4 😉

11 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

That’s true. But normally good results lead to increased confidence in the team which in turn leads to better performances. I think we are seeing that now

Interesting point.... I've watched and seen lots of stats that show the causation/correlation from performances to results, but not the other way round.

That's not to say it doesn't exist though - as we are indeed witnessing an example where our results have been excellent whilst performances have been steadily improving.

We were playing well "in patches" a few weeks ago, "getting results" a bit before that and now putting in dominant performances.

I wonder if it also works the other way - lose a couple of games in which you've been the better side and performances tail off....

I agree with you that both are on show atm.

6 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Having just watched the highlights...a few things to add.

1. The Penalty...having watched football since 1966, Played, Managed and refereed the game...I can put my hand on heart and say...it's one of the most obvious penalty's I've witnessed.

2. Cashin...wow what a cross for a centre back

3. Cashin...wow smashed his way for the goal

4. Cashin...wow his value must be £50million aint that right B4 😉

Its the sort of penalty thats given every week, but 30 years ago, no chance. 

Pinched from the Oxford forum.

Just analysing their goals - and of course credit must be given to the quality of the deliveries into the box - but Hourihane’s superb corner looks to be flicked across goal by Fin Stevens for the first, Ciaron Brown yet again leaves his man free in the box from Cashin‘s brilliant ball to the back stick where Thompson heads past Beadle and Cashin easily steers in the third getting in front of Fin Stevens. Another top class delivery from Hourihane.

Apart from those great balls in there were countless overloads down by both flanks all night and we simply could not stop them. The corner count in their favour was off the scale. We were in effect lambs to the slaughter after that great start but the pressure was mounting from then on to the finale. It was like the Alamo for 85 minutes.

Derby arguably the best side seen at League One level in OX4 in the seven years we’ve been at the level. And I include Wigan 2017-18 in that.

We were battered.

………………… seems fair comment! 😁👍🐏

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps I’ll have to rewatch the whole game as, after one live viewing, your comments feel a bit harsh to me. I don’t recall feeling any nervousness or concern about his game tonight. It could be any dodgy moments were perhaps down to a change in formation (more exposed at the back?) as time was running out and we had to commit even more to attack?

Fairly certain Bradley threw himself into a block/tackle late on when their striker was about 12 yards out with our goal at his mercy. No matter the current run of results, that Bradley has played his part in, some seem hung up on the early errors he made in a Rams shirt. 

2 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Good thing we don’t have VAR at this level as Cashin sent his marker flying for our first goal 🤣

It was payback for one of our corners (no idea  which one, there were that many) when a defender had his arm locked around Cashin’s neck. Should have been a penalty, but this is Derby we are talking about.

Didn’t watch the game unfortunately due to a another Christmas gathering. Was sat in a Leeds house with Florist, Notts county, Man U, Arsenal and Wimbledon fans. The Notts C and Wimbledon fans were v happy  I was quietly stuck on my phone reading on here and getting messages from mates at the match and my lad who was watching on RamsTV. “Typical Derby…” comments for the first 15 mins  thereafter “if we can just get one…”. Fair to say that the beer was flowing at the end!!

Watched PW interview after. I really liked what he was saying. Telling the players that we didn’t need to score straightaway, not to force the diagonals. I’m not a fan of the way we try and play at times and we do look predictable. If he can get the players to mix our tempo up a bit, that would really make a difference to turnover of possession which is a big big bug bear personally…

Anyhow, here’s to another great performance on Monday and fingers crossed for a good transfer window.

56 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

One question I forgot to ask, why have Oxford only got three quarters of a stadium?

According to t’internet, the building of the fourth stand was shelved when they dropped down the leagues and didn’t need the larger capacity (and obviously because of costs).

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Can't help my little downer, given the obvious absentee from those scenes, as this was what he lived for.
... But hey... we know he's up there.  We know he's still watching.  We know he's still bouncing.

He'll not be resting in any sort of peace just yet a while... He'll be friggin' buzzin'.  His spirt lives on.

🐏🤍

Yeah, I was myself thinking there is one person who would revel in this run we're on, and that game in particular, bad feet or not he'd be bouncing higher than anyone 🐏

38 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It was payback for one of our corners (no idea  which one, there were that many) when a defender had his arm locked around Cashin’s neck. Should have been a penalty, but this is Derby we are talking about.

Oh I fully enjoyed seeing it happen. Their lad couldn’t match up to him at any corner 

8 hours ago, caymanram said:

From the Oxford forum…

‘Would be churlish not to comment on Derby, who, even before we let them have the run of the pitch, I thought looked really good. Wilson is a brilliant player, that 6 at CB was pure class and their attacking midfielders were running the show. The ball in for the second goal was absolutely perfect. Shame about the fans - from where I’m seated in the East, the Derby fans are over the goal, and there was someone shining a green laser into Beadle’s eyes at every set piece. Pathetic.’

😎

Sad to hear about the dimwit with the laser pen , amongst such brilliant support in the away end last night , we dunna need it ! Can see some green dots on the "limbs" video on page 41 of this thread , great win ,great night , bring on the Posh , COYRs