Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

14 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Merry twixmas everyone. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I’ve spent mine on crutches after falling down the stairs on the Friday before Christmas 🤕 

Chat away folks… 

Sorry to hear that, hope you're fighting fit again soon. 

Saw your dad at the game yesterday. It still feels like Daniel will come walking down the concourse to join us any minute. 

He's definitely overseeing this unbeaten run and long may it continue. 

Oxford will come at us on Friday, should suit us. Another win will be very useful. 

As Warne said we need to make changes for this game. Think I’d go with 

Wildsmith - As always 

Nyambe - Our best fullback defensively 

Nelson - Rock Solid every game 

Cashin - Best CB in the league 

Elder - Fozzy looked tired in the second half, think elder will come good given a chance

Fornah - Always works hard and definitely good enough to be a high end league one player 

Bird - So good at dictating the play from deep 

Wilson - Think when fit he has to play now, such an annoyance for defenders

NML - Our best attacking player

Ward - Think Barkhuizen is better off the bench and Ward will give us better work defensively. Also Barks finishing is awful 

John Jules - Him and NML work well together so up top in a two would be a nightmare for any back line. May aswell start JJ once before he goes back to Arsenal. Also think Collins could need a rest as he’s played a ridiculous amount of minutes lately

IMG_3137.thumb.jpeg.06d5b5771e8980ffa79138ecaea4bed2.jpeg

that team has lots of pace and creativity aswell as Flare. 

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wildsmith - As always 

Elder - Fozzy looked tired in the second half, think elder will come good given a chance

Fornah - Always works hard and definitely good enough to be a high end league one player 

Ward - Think Barkhuizen is better off the bench and Ward will give us better work defensively. Also Barks finishing is awful 

John Jules - Him and NML work well together so up top in a two would be a nightmare for any back line. May aswell start JJ once before he goes back to Arsenal. Also think Collins could need a rest as he’s played a ridiculous amount of minutes lately

All that flare will light up the game.

I don't think JJ will start. I think Wilson and NML will struggle to start again. 

Edited by sage

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wildsmith - As always 

I do like the look of it but am worried that NML has been playing a lot and we don’t know if JJ is ready for a full 90. I like the idea of Ward on the wing he is so positive and his crossing is so very dangerous. I trust Warne to do what is needed.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I do like the look of it but am worried that NML has been playing a lot and we don’t know if JJ is ready for a full 90. I like the idea of Ward on the wing he is so positive and his crossing is so very dangerous. I trust Warne to do what is needed.

Doesnt need to play the full 90 if he bags 2 in the first half 😉

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you're fighting fit again soon. 

Saw your dad at the game yesterday. It still feels like Daniel will come walking down the concourse to join us any minute. 

He's definitely overseeing this unbeaten run and long may it continue. 

Oxford will come at us on Friday, should suit us. Another win will be very useful. 

I have been saying Dan will have the best seat in the house now, I bet he’s actually got the best seat in the dug out 😂

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wildsmith - As always 

Like the look of that. But I think we’ll see Collins and Hourihane as starters  

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Potentially JJ's last game?

Didn't play against Wigan, so what can we decipher from that?

5 hours ago, sage said:

I think PW saw enough in the Wycombe and Lincoln games he didn't like.

I think he returns to Arsenal with our thanks and best wishes. I hope he can prove his fitness, as he undoubtedly has the technical ability. I don’t see that we can take the risk while pushing for promotion though, unfortunately. I wish him well.

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Barring any unreported knocks from Wigan or between now and Friday I’d expect an unchanged starting eleven. Bench of Vickers, Ward, Bradley (if his nose isn’t in bits), Elder, Tommo, Sibley, TJJ.

We will definitely rotate at least 2 players. Especially wide players.