Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

6 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's what I mean. I said that I wasn't that impressed, not that he was terrible.

I still haven't got it out of my head that I was expecting Bradley to be a colossus and he's ok, but not much more than that for me.

I agree. Nelson is far more commanding in the air .  Bradley no colossus. Maybe once- certainly not now. Mobility u lose with age. But the ability to head a ball u don’t. Perplexing.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Our previous best in the League this season was also against Oxford (15), also hitting double digits in one other game - Wigan (11). We also hit double digits in both FA Cup games against Crewe, with 13 in the original tie and 11 in the replay.

Warne must like Oxford for some reason, because his best last season was also against then (11), whilst we had 13 against Fleetwood under Rosenior. I can't be bothered to check further back.

I believe 25 is the EFL record.

Is 25 the record for an away game?

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

We were the away team 😂Screenshot_20231230-232748-01.thumb.jpeg.0cc753dd9ae2b5c239d62b94e19c328f.jpeg

I know that it's often said that Hourihane often goes missing, this seems to prove it.😁

Seriously though, I imagine that he's in that central forward group consisting of Collins and our wide players, which in itself seems strange, or is it because the 2 wide players spent their time evenly on each side and so resulting averaging in the middle?

34 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I know that it's often said that Hourihane often goes missing, this seems to prove it.😁

Seriously though, I imagine that he's in that central forward group consisting of Collins and our wide players, which in itself seems strange, or is it because the 2 wide players spent their time evenly on each side and so resulting averaging in the middle?

Hourihane is hiding under Barkhuizen and Collins. At the start of the 2nd half, Mendez-Laing moved to the left wing and Barkhuzien CF, then we had another shuffle after the subs and going 3 at the back

My favourite parts of the game:

Firstly, Thommo’s header and straight afterwards nicking the ball from the goalkeeper. Brilliant press after the whistle to avoid the likely handbags and time wasting. Young man, well done! 👏 

Secondly, the passionate team celebration after the third. So much emotion!  They don’t know then they are beaten, do they?

Thirdly, our mocked skipper having an assist and two second assists. Always in the centre of our positive attacking moves. 

Bring on Peterborough!