Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we were grinding out 1-0 wins and it was ugly, I wouldn't give a s*** as it would achieve an end game result.  I'd rather play swashbuckling foot ball and win but I'd accept it.  However, the football is s**** and the win rate is mediocre. As such, I'd rather see some entertainment outside a 20 min period in Peterborough where a space time continuum shifted.  

Haven't liked it from day one. 

Aside from a brief period in January where we were pressing teams and winning the ball high up the pitch it has been a hard watch for me and not even successful.  

I'd happily watch us be more negative, not give too much away and grind out results as at least you'd be able to see some sort of plan that we were working to.  

The performances are all over the place though which makes me wonder what instructions Warne is sending the team out with.  

Difficult to answer. I enjoyed it for a few months of last season as there was a time we were playing very well. Apart from that no not really. This season so far has been a hard watch for the most part. The question is what is Warnes football? Is it what we saw when we surged into 4th place last season looking to hunt down the top 2? Or is it the hopeless football we're seeing now? Let's hope it's the former.

We're in Division 3.

Enjoyment comes when we look like we have a chance of promotion. Until then, its a matter of getting behind the lads every match.

Having said that, some of us will remember the days of being in similar circumstances fondly. I cannot emphasise enough how good it will feel when we make our journey back. Be part of it. Be proud. Keep the faith.

COYR

Voted no. Mostly on the basis they're clearly not very good at playing it.

Of they get to the point where everyone knows their role in the team, and those around them and they develop chemistry for playing it, it might still be not a great style but at least it'd be somewhat effective.

At the moment it seems there's a lot of pointless, unproductive effort (e.g. yey we're attacking but everyone looks in a panic whilst we do it).

38 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Last manager to play entertaining football was Lampard. 

But to entertain you need solid principles, good coaching and the players to pull it off. Think currently we have 1/3.

The football under Lampard was dire when Mason Mount was injured. We won only once in about ten weeks (11 games or so).

We have had purple patches under all managers since.

We broke a 40-year club record under Phillip Cocu of scoring at least once in over 20 consecutive league games. Not even Jim Smith or Steve McClaren manager that.

We had a great spell under Wayne Rooney when Bielik was injury free and completely dominating the opposition. 

I don’t recall creating as many chances as we did during Rosenior’s spell in charge, regularly having over 60% possession and 20+ attempts on goal.

And to be fair to Warne, I think he boasts the longest unbeaten run of any Derby manager since Jim Smith. But then again, it largely coincided with playing all the bottom teams and hammering the likes of Forest Green Rovers, Accrington Stanley and Morecambe.

Long story short, we’ve had purple patches under all managers and Lampard has gone on to show he is a bog standard manager who wouldn’t have had us anywhere near the top six without £100m worth of talent on loan.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The football under Lampard was dire when Mason Mount was injured. We won only once in about ten weeks (11 games or so).

We have had purple patches under all managers since.

We broke a 40-year club record under Phillip Cocu of scoring at least once in over 20 consecutive league games. Not even Jim Smith or Steve McClaren manager that.

We had a great spell under Wayne Rooney when Bielik was injury free and completely dominating the opposition. 

I don’t recall creating as many chances as we did during Rosenior’s spell in charge, regularly having over 60% possession and 20+ attempts on goal.

And to be fair to Warne, I think he boasts the longest unbeaten run of any Derby manager since Jim Smith. But then again, it largely coincided with playing all the bottom teams and hammering the likes of Forest Green Rovers, Accrington Stanley and Morecambe.

Long story short, we’ve had purple patches under all managers and Lampard has gone on to show he is a bog standard manager who wouldn’t have had us anywhere near the top six without £100m worth of talent on loan.

This wasn’t me saying I think Lampard is a good manager and I agree about the Mount comment. However, we’d go 2-0 down and I’d still have faith we’d win. 

Cocu and Rosenior football wasn’t for me. My blood pressure must’ve quadrupled watching us try and walk the ball in every match only to draw/lose. 

Rooney’s football was meh. But our squad was less than ideal so I let him off for that.

Warne has overseen some big wins and maybe it’s an arrogance problem, but I fully expect us to pump the likes of Morecambe etc. So he doesn’t get much praise from me on that front. 

What would be entertaining with Warne using his brand of football would be wins. I don’t care if we have 1 shot a match if we win im all for it. But as others have pointed out, play ugly football and lose and fans patience won’t be as generous.

Voted no, but it's hard to really know since I am still not sure what Warnes football really is. I see no pattern of what we try to do and and no recurring overall game pattern. Everything seems so random from match to match that it feels like a toss-up what we will do on the pitch. Maybe that's the plan though. If we ourselves do not know what we will do in the upcoming match, the opponent has no chance of knowing what we intend to do in the match either.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Jeez, not another poll, how long is this one going to drag on for?

When is the Paul Warne Poll going to be locked and the votes counted? So the returning officer can declare a winner. 

Or are both polls going to rubble on to the end of the season?

I was interested in how many are actually enjoying the football under Warne - that is a different thing.

If we play the system and tactics well, it can be enjoyable. Peterborough was exciting to watch, even when I watched it on my phone at 11.00 pm in Borneo! So, it has the potential to get me off my seat. However, with the players we have at our disposal, we struggle to execute the plan effectively. Thus, oftentimes it's not fun to watch and is eminently frustrating.