Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no because it’s the worst football I’ve seen us play since Rowett was here. And even then, though I hated it at least his team was organised and in the main, effective.
In all honesty I loath Warneball so much that if he is still here next season I am not going to renew my ST. I am not travelling 230 miles every other Saturday with all the costs that that entails to watch that kind of football. 

In our last home game v Fleetwood , they were running rings round us for the last 15 mins. We were all baying for the final whistle . When it came there was a feeling of relief at a 1-0 win. Did I enjoy it ? I suppose so .The style of football was of little concern at that point. The big question is - Did David Clowes enjoy it ?

I voted no but I remember that I hated the pointless possession for possessions sake football under Clement and Cocu more. Remember how we would work it up one wing, get to level with the penalty area then turn and play it back then across the box  via it going all the way back to the centre halves and then up the other wing to the edge of the box then repeat? Keep it, keep recycling it then lose it. Never shooting, never creating any chances. We would go a half and at half time think we haven’t had a single attempt on goal. 

There has to be a happy medium between that rubbish and the stuff Warne is now serving up. The sort of football that Steve McLaren played. 

38 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I voted no because it’s the worst football I’ve seen us play since Rowett was here. And even then, though I hated it at least his team was organised and in the main, effective.
In all honesty I loath Warneball so much that if he is still here next season I am not going to renew my ST. I am not travelling 230 miles every other Saturday with all the costs that that entails to watch that kind of football. 

It will be worse than that even as wont the new TV deal kick in to increase non- saturday 3pm games. Know where you're coming from with that summary - its not just the cost its the whole day and evening gone

35 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

In our last home game v Fleetwood , they were running rings round us for the last 15 mins. We were all baying for the final whistle . When it came there was a feeling of relief at a 1-0 win. Did I enjoy it ? I suppose so .The style of football was of little concern at that point. The big question is - Did David Clowes enjoy it ?

Can see him clearly from our new seats - he is unreadable. Often look across after good and bad moments and he looks exactly the same. SP and Mrs C much more animated

I don’t like our current style of play, I think it’s limited, doesn’t get the best out the squad that we have, burns players out through pointless running for the sake of running, it’s predictable and disjointed.

We don’t seem able to pass the ball more than 3 times without losing possession or punting it long to no one and then gift the ball back to the opposition. We cause ourselves to have to run more to retrieve the ball back, over the course of the season this will leave us with a squad that’s shattered and Warne out…….. Sorry, worn out. 😁

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We're in Division 3.

Enjoyment comes when we look like we have a chance of promotion. Until then, its a matter of getting behind the lads every match.

Having said that, some of us will remember the days of being in similar circumstances fondly. I cannot emphasise enough how good it will feel when we make our journey back. Be part of it. Be proud. Keep the faith.

COYR

Agree completely but I will raise a point that it’s more difficult to get behind something that you think is destined to fail 

give us something to believe in and the mood will shift completely, the club is dour at the minute

Edited by alram

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The ones who voted yes, clearly first got into football during the Phil Brown years.

The type of people you find on grinder looking for cheese grater fun.

Football can be nice to watch you know.

I agree. I’m not in the Warne out camp but it’s hard to vote yes. On the other hand, have we really seen “Warne’s football” yet? After only six games (albeit 6 not very good games on the whole. But then I’m not sure it’s that uncommon for a team to take a while to get into their stride) I really do think it’s too early to judge especially with injured players still to return and a few of his signings having barely played yet. It’s funny how a decent run of results (fingers crossed) changes some people’s view. We’ll probably never play the beautiful game we all yearn for but I suspect many might be thinking “it ain’t pretty but I’ll take it”.