Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He’s been playing the same style for 7 years. He won’t change 😉

So are you saying David Clowes didn’t do due diligence on Paul Warne !

I think that’s unfair on David Clowes if true. .

Not having a go at you mate as you are pretty consistent with your views in this. .

I seem to remember I was on here saying I wanted Rosenior to stay and got hammered for it as the majority view on the forum was pro Warne appointment including his big detractors now.

I always try to get behind the manager and players at Derby County and I think our Chairman who saved DCFC and Paul  Warne and the players deserve some slack.

If we win the next load of games and shoot up the League and get promoted will the Paul Warne detractors change their views .

I also don’t get this vitriol against Paul Warnes style of management and against his interview techniques.

He is who he is and I don’t mind him at all .

Come on You Rams 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

I've gone for the 'don't know' option because at times we play some really lovely stuff, especially when we play it out from the back. However far too many times this season we've either overplayed the ball or underplayed the ball. Perfect example is Oxford at home when Nelson just needed to get rid instead of trying to play the pass. It's happened a lot this season and it's just about finding the right balance. At Peterborough we had a great mix of long diagonal balls and attacked with purpose and when needed we could get on the ball and calm the game down a bit. I think it's going to take a little bit of time until we see proper 'Warne ball'

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I've gone for the 'don't know' option because at times we play some really lovely stuff, especially when we play it out from the back. However far too many times this season we've either overplayed the ball or underplayed the ball. Perfect example is Oxford at home when Nelson just needed to get rid instead of trying to play the pass. It's happened a lot this season and it's just about finding the right balance. At Peterborough we had a great mix of long diagonal balls and attacked with purpose and when needed we could get on the ball and calm the game down a bit. I think it's going to take a little bit of time until we see proper 'Warne ball'

Gotta be bad when your in the know is a don’t know!

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

He’s been playing the same style for 7 years. He won’t change 😉

Very true. In all seriousness though, I wonder how many that have voted “no” have their opinion marred by results? Would they still say no if we were sitting pretty in the league? No doubt some would but I bet many wouldn’t 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Very true. In all seriousness though, I wonder how many that have voted “no” have their opinion marred by results? Would they still say no if we were sitting pretty in the league? No doubt some would but I bet many wouldn’t 

Whats more some of those hammering Warne will be at the forum Tuesday night wanting photos with the manager lol 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

So are you saying David Clowes didn’t do due diligence on Paul Warne !

I think that’s unfair on David Clowes if true. .

Not having a go at you mate as you are pretty consistent with your views in this. .

I seem to remember I was on here saying I wanted Rosenior to stay and got hammered for it as the majority view on the forum was pro Warne appointment including his big detractors now.

I always try to get behind the manager and players at Derby County and I think our Chairman who saved DCFC and Paul  Warne and the players deserve some slack.

If we win the next load of games and shoot up the League and get promoted will the Paul Warne detractors change their views .

I also don’t get this vitriol against Paul Warnes style of management and against his interview techniques.

He is who he is and I don’t mind him at all .

Come on You Rams 

At the moment the Warne detectors are basing that on what IS happening, rather than what might happen. We all want Derby to do well, and we'd all be happy if that happens under Warne.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Well this topic has surprised me , wasn’t going to bother reading it but there has been some decent worth reading balanced opinions expressed by some posters not keen on what they have seen of warne so far and how they expect things will pan out with him going forward rather than just the offensive poo spewed out by some with little to no thought and obviously not a clue that we have seen some very enjoyable stuff under him ,

your hybrid observation is spot on in my view and I’m hoping warne can see that and it’s what he’s actually aiming for ,,, 👍

im ok to give a bit of time yet to see where he goes

The only way Warne wins me over is an attempt to go back to that sort of hybrid. Players willing to play the ball around and control profession but with a directness required at times that wasn’t there say under Cocu. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

My cynicism must be matched then by your monotonous predictability. 

To aid removing my cynical attitude start a thread extolling some positives about Paul Warne as a manager without again delving back into the same behaviour of generating it to make the point that you can't find any. Or that you like the colour of his eyes or his bobble hats.

Until I see one of those threads appear then my cynicism of the motives of you starting a "new" thread will continue. 

We are more dangerous at set pieces than I remember us being in the last decade or so. Beyond that I don’t think I can find another positive? I think what Warne wants football to look like and what he’s producing with us aren’t the same thing which at least means I don’t think he is delusional but ultimately it is his job to make his ideas happen on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

To what end @RoyMac5? I can see a fairly clear correlation between the dissatisfaction you and others are feeling and the potential intent of this poll. It appears to me not to be an objective fact finding mission but more an attempt to confirm your own conclusions. And I’m happy to be called a cynic for coming to that conclusion.

It’s clear there’s discontent amongst the fan base, it’s potentially growing discontent too. Almost every thread in this part of the forum is hijacked by this same binary model of you either like it or you don’t, you either like Warne or you don’t. Nothing in life is ever that simple in my experience.
I haven’t voted in the poll as I have enjoyed the football at times over the last 11 months, and I’m not enjoying it currently, but it’s a fluid and changing situation. If we go on a run of wins people will be more likely to enjoy it, others who have made it clear their preferences on style of play perhaps won’t regardless of any wins. I’m just not sure what another poll or thread discussing this specific topic does to change the ongoing debate one way or another? Some are happy, some aren’t; some are keen for Warne to leave, some are more willing to give him time; some are content to have a club to support each week regardless, others have a burning desire to see the club return to its glory sooner rather than later.
Everyone is entitled to feel how they do and form their own opinions. This poll will do little to change that other than to spark more debate and disagreement, which I suppose is the point of the forum and makes my ramblings moot. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😂 

I’ll just get back to sitting on my rickety fence.

Whilst it might confirm my thoughts, it is interesting to see what people feel about our style. If no one else was interested then there would be no votes and no replies. That there are both also confirms my thoughts that other might be interested in our football style.

If you prefer to think of me in such a one-dimensional manner, that is fine, its not my loss.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

My cynicism must be matched then by your monotonous predictability. 

To aid removing my cynical attitude start a thread extolling some positives about Paul Warne as a manager without again delving back into the same behaviour of generating it to make the point that you can't find any. Or that you like the colour of his eyes or his bobble hats.

Until I see one of those threads appear then my cynicism of the motives of you starting a "new" thread will continue. 

You are indeed cynical. The positives are there for people to chose in the poll - in case you don’t understand, that is the yes vote. Why should I extol Warne, I did that previously last season and some of this perhaps. My thoughts have changed, if others have or haven’t then that is fine. As for your opinion being cynical about my motive, that is in your head and nothing I care to do anything about.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are indeed cynical. The positives are there for people to chose in the poll - in case you don’t understand, that is the yes vote. Why should I extol Warne, I did that previously last season and some of this perhaps. My thoughts have changed, if others have or haven’t then that is fine. As for your opinion being cynical about my motive, that is in your head and nothing I care to do anything about.

Come off it Roy.  
We weren’t born yesterday 😂

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst it might confirm my thoughts, it is interesting to see what people feel about our style. If no one else was interested then there would be no votes and no replies. That there are both also confirms my thoughts that other might be interested in our football style.

If you prefer to think of me in such a one-dimensional manner, that is fine, it’s not my loss.

I don’t think you’re one dimensional, I think the poll is. 

4 hours ago, Archied said:

You are the husband of Paul warnes lover and I claim my £5 

No worries here, it'd take him 3 weeks to break down her defences and soon as he finally gets there he would sub himself off and stick Collo up front to finish the job...only he would continuously keep hitting the side netting after constantly snatching at it.

Eventually Steve McLaren would be called in, whip out the little Dutch fella and batter it..4-3.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Is it 'eck. What missing answer would you rather give? "No except for the half an hour we've looked a good side since he arrived?"

There’s maybe some scope for distinguishing between the football Warne apparently wants to play and what we’re actually doing on the pitch at the moment.  But I suspect it wouldn’t actually change a whole lot.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s maybe some scope for distinguishing between the football Warne apparently wants to play and what we’re actually doing on the pitch at the moment.  But I suspect it wouldn’t actually change a whole lot.

I'd assume the football he wants to play would be the still-turgid-but-winning-more than-we-are-now that he had at Rotherham. We're not the underdogs, we're Derby. Why can't we play with some cojones?

2nd edit, sorry, I'd promised to shut up about Warne for a bit. I'm as sick of posting about him as you are reading my posts.

Edited by oodledoodle
can't spell cos I'm drunk in Spain URAMS

20 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Is it 'eck. What missing answer would you rather give? "No except for the half an hour we've looked a good side since he arrived?"

I’ll tell you

Why not ask 

4 Are you willing to give Warne time to see if watching experience improves 

5  If we get promoted would it matter about being entertained week in week out 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No worries here, it'd take him 3 weeks to break down her defences and soon as he finally gets there he would sub himself off and stick Collo up front to finish the job...only he would continuously keep hitting the side netting after constantly snatching at it.

Eventually Steve McLaren would be called in, whip out the little Dutch fella and batter it..4-3.

Oh my goodness you are pining for McLaren still. 
I get it now 

From the list below, I'm realistically hoping for 2) but witnessing 4)

1 ) Play good football and win

2) Play dour football and win

3) Play good football, not win but see what is trying to be achieved

4) Play a style/tactic that is not good to watch , isn't consistently winning & does not seem like changing any time soon

5) Play bad football & not win

PS. No, I don't want to set up another vote

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Agree with you BT , however there is a section of impatient keyboard warriors who can't seem to recall the recent travails our venerated club has endured recently and who's patience seems to have a very short fuse. Just wish they would give their heads a very big wobble.